Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 18:20   #1
BHPian

PPF for scooters & motorcycles

Just got OLA Electric scooter and would like to do some PPF for the scooter. The floor board matt is not sufficient and due to that there will be lot of scruff marks on the floor board's edges. Hence wanted to do some PPF on the scooter. Specially at the floor board, side panels and the front panels.

I have seen many youtube videos where they have got it done for as low as Rs 2000 but most of these videos are from Delhi side and not from Mumbai.

I checked out with 3M and their quote for the PPF was like 7k. So instead of spending that much for the OLA PPF, I would rather buy a whole body kit which will cost something like 8.5 K and can also change the colour to anything else. Hence asking here to find out if we do have a budget PPF route in mumbai.
Old 11th January 2023, 22:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: PPF for scooters & motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I checked out with 3M and their quote for the PPF was like 7k. So instead of spending that much for the OLA PPF, I would rather buy a whole body kit which will cost something like 8.5 K and can also change the colour to anything else. Hence asking here to find out if we do have a budget PPF route in mumbai.
The cheaper ones you can get for 1-2k are vinyl films and don’t last long and will be a mess to remove. If it’s only one or two panels you think would take the abuse then just replace them as consumables when it's not expensive. My Dio plastic panels hardly cost above 1k each and hence there is no point in spending on ppf from a reputed brand for these parts.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 04:10   #3
BHPian

re: PPF for scooters & motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The cheaper ones you can get for 1-2k are vinyl films and don’t last long and will be a mess to remove. If it’s only one or two panels you think would take the abuse then just replace them as consumables when it's not expensive. My Dio plastic panels hardly cost above 1k each and hence there is no point in spending on ppf from a reputed brand for these parts.
I think I agree with what you saying. Its best to buy the panels instead of cheap ppf
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks