Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2023, 08:11   #1
BHPian

Goa on a Yamaha Aerox

Bit of background on 4-wheel to 2-wheel movement
I relocated to Bengaluru around August 2022. Moving from Delhi, I found it quite difficult to use a 4-wheeler (SCross) in Bengaluru for office commute and some random weekend city exploration, given the already stretched road infrastructure in Bengaluru. The car was barely used barring a few outstation trips to Kanyakumari, Hampi, Munnar, Chennai to name a few. On top of that, as I moved without my family, I would be shuttling between Delhi and Bengaluru every 30-40 days or so, I was not quite able to justify keeping the SCross. So, off it went back to Delhi and exchanged it with my Tiago. Now, it was a bit more usable and I could commute to office on that for couple of days in a week but still felt, a 2-wheeler would fit the purpose more appropriately.
I was eyeing the Aerox when I was in Delhi given its bike like characteristics, liquid cooled engine, quirky looks, generous storage and from what I gathered from reviews, not too bad a touring machine. It also helped a lot that Aerox was an automatic and if, or whenever, I grew bored of it, I could hand over the keys to my wife who prefers automatic over geared vehicles any day.
So, I went ahead and got myself a black Aerox !
Post buying, I painstakingly finished the running in period. Once completed, I did couple of spirited runs on the Bengaluru Airport road to Nandi Hills and beyond, both solo and two up riding. This made me confident of the characteristics and ergonomics of the bike on highway/longish rides. Big thanks to Crazy_Driver, Sebring and AnAntInspired for their posts which reinforced the capabilities of the Aerox and helped me to remove any apprehensions which I had.

The Actual Ride

• Destination – Agonda
• Days – 18th – 20th Feb 2023
• Onwards
o Route – Bengaluru – Davengere – Tadas – Kalaghatgi – Yallapur – Karwar – Agonda
o Distance – 580kms
o Departure – 4 AM
o Arrival – 3:30 PM (Agonda)
o Breaks – 3 (Food, petrol, bio, photos, etc.)
• Return
o Route – Retraced the same route in reverse
o Distance – 580kms
o Departure – 6:45 AM
o Arrival – 6:00 PM (Bengaluru)
o Breaks – 3 (Food, petrol, bio, checking OIL warning on dashboard, etc.)
• Total Expenses
o Petrol – 3000
o Hotel – 4500 (Cilantro Agonda)
o Food/Others – 4500

Day 1 – 18th Feb, 2023

I wasn’t able to catch a nap because of excitement for the trip. Even though I had set the alarm for 2:45 am, I got out of the bed at 2:30am and did a check on the luggage, prepared tea and some breakfast, bathed and put on the riding gear. I memorized the route off Google maps. I don’t like to mount my phone on the bike and usually, memorize the landmarks, turns and only check if I am thoroughly lost. (Sometimes finding your way back after getting a little lost is exciting as well, on trips and generally in life). Then, I went down to the parking and loaded the storage with toolkit, coolant, air pump and other miscellaneous items. Then, fastened a small tail bag with clothes and utility items.

Ready to go !
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-axbze3060.jpg

As always, I start most of my trips sharp at 4:00 AM. This time it was no different. I did not expect to witness daylight by at least 6:15-6:30 AM. There was not a lot of traffic, which helped me in making quick progress. For the first half an hour or so, I paced through at 50-60 km/hr with occasional 70 km/hr and waited to get into the rhythm and adjust my eyes. After Tumkur, I increased the pace and by daybreak, I was closing in on Chitradurga. I stopped at Hotel Naivedyam, on the highway just after Chitradurga, at around 7:00 AM for breakfast, did some stretches, refuelled and started again. As the sun was up now and the roads were smooth and visibility was good, I could ride at 80-90 km/hr. Progress was quick and shortly after 11:00 AM, I got off the main highway and turned towards the Tadas-Yallapur road. The Aerox which was cruising supremely on the smooth highway earlier, was jarring to ride the first 10-15 kilometres off the highway, given it stiff suspension. One thing that shone throughout was the automatic transmission, it was a dream to not change gears ever so frequently after slowing down for a speed bump or pothole or a stray animal.

Somewhere before Yallapur
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-ffhpe4290.jpg

Soon, the condition of the road improved when I joined the road coming from Hubli to Kalghatgi. Post that, it remained fairly good all the way. I stopped for lunch at an eatery just after crossing Yallapur and also, booked the hotel (Cilantro, Agonda) while waiting for the lunch. After lunch, aiming to reach the hotel latest by 4:00pm, I had good amount of time to spare, so I could stop and take pictures as well.

Sufficient time in hand allowed me to stop at key milestones. Outside Yallapur
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-gieqe7619.jpg

Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-xpeke0535.jpg

Also, it was getting a bit hot and humid as I descended toward the sea but nothing too uncomfortable. After bypassing Ankola, Aerox saw the sea for the first time while crossing Karwar.

Next to Karwar Beach
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-img_e2442.jpg

We entered Goa shortly after and I could sense change in my general mood, which all of sudden became very upbeat, if I can say. Goa can do strange things!

Very close to my destination
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-img_e2445.jpg

Finally, at 3:45pm, I arrived at my hotel/shack/tent, whatever it was. I will, however, say it was good and clean enough for the price and I did not have any issues whatsoever. I parked my bike just next to my room. The only visible threats to the bike was from falling coconuts and the resident dog trying to mark my Aerox as his own territory.
Quickly settled in the room, took off the riding gear and after a quick shower, went out for a stroll and food. Agonda is a village and the only visitor activity I could see was near/on the beach. It was nice to breathe in the air coming from the sea, sit on the sand while seeing the sun go down, stand next to the shore letting your feet feel the waves and in general, watching people enjoy while being on vacation.

Agonda Beach
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-img_e2449.jpg

Being tired from the ride, I quickly headed a restaurant facing the sea and had some food and beverage. By 9:00 PM, I called it a day. Being the first day of the ride and not getting enough sleep the night before, I had slight body pain esp. lower back but nothing which a good sleep couldn’t fix.
Zzzzzz !

Day 2 – 19th Feb 2023

I slept like I was knocked out. I woke up around 8:30 am to the sound of something falling, probably a small coconut, on the roof or somewhere. The best part of the morning was, the body aches vanished and I was feeling as fresh as possible. In about an hour’s time, I went out in search of breakfast. I had a hearty breakfast which was more like full English breakfast but with more greens and fresh juice. It was starting to get warmer by the time I came back to the room and thought to myself, 15 minutes nap, and then let’s check out Agonda village. Well, that nap turned out to be one hour, but still, I went out exploring at around 12:00 PM. The heat does not usually bother me but sweating sometime makes it a bit unpleasant. Anyway, went to see the local fishermen bay, the fish market, local churches and generally walking on the village roads. It was almost 1:30 PM by the time I came back to my room for quick change of clothes.

Fishermen boats, Cola
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-img_e2453.jpg

Rode to another fishermen bay
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-img_e2457.jpg

Same one another angle
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-img_e2456.jpg

Rode to a church on a hill near by
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-img_e2458.jpg

I, then, decided to go to Cabo da Rama. I took out my bike as it was around 30-35kms from my hotel and I planned to have lunch on the way. Riding on the back roads of Goa is a fun thing to do and Aerox made it even more exciting given the power and balance it has. I reached the place in about an hour and waited patiently to take picture of my bike with some arch. It was bit funny taking picture of my bike, as mostly, it was people who were taking pictures of each other with the arch as the backdrop.

Cabo da Rama
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-img_e2454.jpg

The place was crowded and the humidity was high. I quickly moved out and went to a restaurant just a short distance away and ordered Goan Fish thali. The food was good and the service was quick. With lunch out of the way, rode back to the hotel, checked the engine oil and coolant levels. The engine oil level was slightly lower (10%) on the dipstick than what it was when I started the trip. (Q: Is this normal?). It had started to become cooler as evening descended, I changed and again headed out to the beach. Walked up and the down the beach, watched the sunset, mentally began checking out of Goa.

Enjoying the sunset
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-img_e2460.jpg

I explored a few eating joints which I saw the day before and had a beverage in 2-3 place before settling in for dinner at one of the places. I kept the dinner light as I had to ride the next day. Post dinner, I packed my bags and kept things in order to leave early. I planned to reach Bengaluru before the evening office hour rush start, before 6:00 PM. I did a quick mental calculation, which made me arrive at the conclusion that leaving at 7:00 AM would give me enough time to reach Bengaluru was 6:00 AM.
Lights out!

Day 3 – 20th Feb 2023

It was still dark when I woke up at 6:00 AM. It took another 30 minutes to get ready and load the bike. Around 6:45 AM, I cranked the engine, warmed it up, checked the fasteners, patted my pockets for wallets and mobile, closed the gate behind me and off I went. Now, back roads of Goa through the jungles seem very nice during the day but early morning, it had an eerie silence with all the narrow single lane roads, trees and blind turns. I just hoped these forest don’t have some haunted stories to tell. After 15 minutes, joined the main highway, filled up the tank at one the last petrol stations in Goa. The traffic was sparse when I entered Karnataka, twisted the throttle, passed Karwar, turned left off the highway towards Hubli road, entered the ghats. It was bit foggy as I climbed higher and I could feel the weather becoming cooler and drier. Aerox was performing flawlessly on the twisties and I could maintain good speed and have fun leaning in on the turns, averaging 50 km/hr by the time I stopped in Yallapur at the same place to have late breakfast/lunch. A plate of fresh hot Managlore buns and coffee, I was confident of hitting the highway sometime around 12:00 PM which would have kept me on target to reach Bengaluru in time. Although I did not stop anywhere post breakfast, I did enjoy the sceneries of farms, small towns, village folks going about their work and general sights we don’t see in cities, through the visor of my helmet.
Pretty soon, I reached the main Pune – Bengaluru highway, 400 odd kilometres from home. After I had covered around 50 kilometres, the dashboard began to flash “OIL” sign. I wasn’t too sure (should have read the manual), and stopped and quickly checked what it was. It turned out to be some default reminder for oil change which has been programmed. However, I still checked the dipstick for oil level. All good! I rode the next 50 kilometres at reduced speed of 70-75 km/hr and reset the flashing sign. After it felt like the bike was behaving normally, started riding it back at 80-85 km/hr. Davangere went by. Chitradurga bypassed. Stopped after Hiriyur to refuel and check traffic conditions. Zipped past Tumkur. I encountered slight traffic at Neelamangala and Yeshwantpur, but not much of a bother. Reached home just before 6:00 pm.

Back home !
Goa on a Yamaha Aerox-ewoie7766.jpg

Happy to complete the trip on an automatic maxi scooter!

Aerox Report Card

Overall, it was amazing to ride the Aerox on the highway, much better that speed breaker infested city roads. With varying speeds, I could extract around 40-45 km/l on the highway, measured by tankful to tankful method. It was pretty eager to do fast spirited runs when the roads were good. Overtaking was not really an issue for me, as I don’t ride very fast but it could keep up with fast moving traffic very well. Engine ran smoothly and felt like could do longer trips as well. Brakes were sufficient and I had no moment where I felt brakes lacked stopping power. Luggage space under the seat ensure saddle bags are not required for short 2-3 days trips. No body aches after the ride back home and was not even that tired. I think, the slight tiredness during onward ride was mainly due to lack of sleep.
However, I always felt a little bigger fuel tank would have helped immensely along with a bit supple suspension to tackle the uneven speed breakers and bad roads. Seat cushion is sloping forward which causes rider to adjust frequently. Headlights, esp. the high beam, could have had more throw. I did not face any issue but would have helped seeing couple of potholes and speed breakers in advance at night. These are things which I understood fairly well the bike lacks and have adjusted my riding style to accommodate for these shortcomings.

Finally, I hope members/visitors find this thread useful, just as I found threads by fellow members in clearing a lot of doubts/apprehensions about taking an automatic scooter on a long road trip. Happy to answer any queries. I must say, after this trip, I am shelving my KTM ADV390/CB500X plans four 4-6 months, given my requirements are well met by Aerox (for the time being atleast).

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!
Anurag
minzanurag is offline   (109) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 08:19   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Goa on a Yamaha Aerox

Thread moved to the 2-wheels forum so that other scooter fans don't miss this unique ride. Thanks for sharing!

Going to our homepage tomorrow
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 12:40   #3

The Bangalore-Goa motorcycle road trips just keep coming in! Thanks minzanurag, for this great travelogue! I'm planning a similar one later next month with my better half and this couldn't come at a better timing.

I have a couple of questions on your trip though:
  1. Is there any place in your route to watch out for bad patches of road?
  2. How was the food at Hotel Naivedyam? I'm planning to stop for breakfast at Davanagere to try the famous Benne Dose.
  3. Which was the restaurant near Yellapur where you had your lunch and brunch on the days of travel?
ThunderMurukku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 13:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Lovely and concise write-up.
Thanks for the insights into the capabilities of the Aerox. A friend of mine owns one and does long distance rides quite frequently. He was also vouching for the Aerox's performance in almost identical terms to your's.

Enjoyable read. Thanks once again and safe riding!
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 15:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMurukku View Post
The Bangalore-Goa motorcycle road trips just keep coming in! Thanks, for this great travelogue! I'm planning a similar one later next month with my better half and this couldn't come at a better timing.

I have a couple of questions on your trip though:
  1. Is there any place in your route to watch out for bad patches of road? - Only after you get off the main highway to go to Tadas, its bit patchy for about 12 kms but fine to ride at 30-40 km/hr. Once you join the highway coming from Hubli to Karwar, you will encounter 2-3 roadworks on small bridges. Except that, I dont remember being bothered by the surface much. Traffic, even though slim, is present and that is reassuring as well.
  2. How was the food at Hotel Naivedyam? I'm planning to stop for breakfast at Davanagere to try the famous Benne Dose. - Not sure about Davangere as I bypassed it completely. Hotel Naivedyam was on Chitradurga bypass. (Location - Hotel Naivedyam)
  3. Which was the restaurant near Yellapur where you had your lunch and brunch on the days of travel? - The restaurant name was SreeKrishna Residency. I saw a lot of cars with families stopping for a break and found the place to be clean and service very efficient. Another solo rider on a Versys stopped just as I was about to leave. (Location - SreeKrishna Residency (Yallapur) )
Thanks ThunderMurukku for reading. My answers are in bold above. Hope it helps you to plan your trip!. Safe trip !
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Lovely and concise write-up.
Thanks for the insights into the capabilities of the Aerox. A friend of mine owns one and does long distance rides quite frequently. He was also vouching for the Aerox's performance in almost identical terms to your's.

Enjoyable read. Thanks once again and safe riding!
Thanks arjab. Even I was surprised by what this 155cc scooter could achieve and given the feedback from fellow Aerox riders, I think it just reinforces its capabilities.
minzanurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 17:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Phenomenal! My respect for this scooter just multiplied after your travelogue, really hope we have more touring scooters in this country

For a CVT equipped machine, did it seem like driving on (near) the redline as opposed to cruising? Especially considering the vast open highways
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 17:51   #7
BHPian

Excellent ride! you brought my memories back. Back in 2019 I did a similar solo trip on my Access 125 from Bangalore-Tumkur-Chitradurga-Davanagere-Harihar-Byadagi-Thirthahalli-Chickmagalur-Hassan-Mysore-Bangalore in 4 days! I think i covered roughly around 1100 kms if I can recollect it correctly, it was really kind self exploration trip which I took it to come back on my feet after loosing couple of crores in Business. The ride was quite motivational for me! I do Bangalore Dharmasthala trips Regularly on my Access 125.
Thanks for sharing your experience!
MotoDrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 19:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Phenomenal! My respect for this scooter just multiplied after your travelogue, really hope we have more touring scooters in this country

For a CVT equipped machine, did it seem like driving on (near) the redline as opposed to cruising? Especially considering the vast open highways
Thanks GeeTee. The utility of Aerox was an eyeopener for me as well.

It never felt stressed at usual 80-85 km/hr cruising. Yes, above 95 km/hr, it does feel a bit vibey and sort of begs to be slowed down to below 90 but I only did it couple of times to test the capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoDrive View Post
Excellent ride! you brought my memories back. Back in 2019 I did a similar solo trip on my Access 125 from Bangalore-Tumkur-Chitradurga-Davanagere-Harihar-Byadagi-Thirthahalli-Chickmagalur-Hassan-Mysore-Bangalore in 4 days! I think i covered roughly around 1100 kms if I can recollect it correctly, it was really kind self exploration trip which I took it to come back on my feet after loosing couple of crores in Business. The ride was quite motivational for me! I do Bangalore Dharmasthala trips Regularly on my Access 125.
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Thanks for reading and appreciate you sharing your experience. Touring on Suzuki Access must be quite something. The route above sounds interesting and must say, I am tempted to try the route whenever I get a chance.
minzanurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 19:10   #9
BHPian

That was a fantastic trip log.

I see that the trip was undertaken in February 2023. Did you ride long distance thereafter the above trip? It's been over an year that you have owned your Aerox. What's your long-term ownership review of the scooter?

My Aerox is just 2 weeks and 350 kms old. I am waiting for the running in period (1st service) to be completed. So, have been riding within 60 Kmph speed as of now. So far so good. Need to get the seat custom designed.

I am also planning a custom FRP luggage bag contoured along the shape of under seat area. This would optimise the volume of luggage that can be carried under the seat.
Old 20th March 2024, 23:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have done a consistent 90 KMPH, Bangalore-Mysore, 350 KMS straight - back n forth. Loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minzanurag View Post
Thanks GeeTee. The utility of Aerox was an eyeopener for me as well.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 13:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
That was a fantastic trip log.

I see that the trip was undertaken in February 2023. Did you ride long distance thereafter the above trip? It's been over an year that you have owned your Aerox. What's your long-term ownership review of the scooter?

My Aerox is just 2 weeks and 350 kms old. I am waiting for the running in period (1st service) to be completed. So, have been riding within 60 Kmph speed as of now. So far so good. Need to get the seat custom designed.

I am also planning a custom FRP luggage bag contoured along the shape of under seat area. This would optimise the volume of luggage that can be carried under the seat.
Thank you for reading.

Over the last one year, I feel the strengths of Aerox are mile munching capabilities, smoothness of the motor, low service costs and reliability, humongous space for luggage which makes saddle bags etc. redundant. The aspects I feel are negatives are mainly the seat, body panels have started to feel bit soft when you move the bike on/off the center stand, suspensions (which I have changed to adjustable ones) and, the puny fuel tank.

Rest I think you can live with it, in city and on long drives. Yes, I would recommend getting the seat mods done as post long rides, the back becomes bit sore, even for a fit person. For luggage, I will look forward to what you're getting made from the custom shop. Keep us posted.

Cheers !
Old 22nd March 2024, 20:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by minzanurag View Post
Thank you for reading.

Over the last one year, I feel the strengths of Aerox are mile munching capabilities, smoothness of the motor, low service costs and reliability, humongous space for luggage which makes saddle bags etc. redundant. The aspects I feel are negatives are mainly the seat, body panels have started to feel bit soft when you move the bike on/off the center stand, suspensions (which I have changed to adjustable ones) and, the puny fuel tank.

Rest I think you can live with it, in city and on long drives. Yes, I would recommend getting the seat mods done as post long rides, the back becomes bit sore, even for a fit person. For luggage, I will look forward to what you're getting made from the custom shop. Keep us posted.

Cheers !
Hello OP! I've been eyeing the Aerox for the past one year or so, but haven't pulled the trigger yet considering my utility levels are low, and also because the Yamaha showroom near me never has a unit available for test rides. I want to buy one mostly for smaller distances within the city so that I don't have to haul a long sedan and worry about parking etc. Do you think it makes sense as a buy if I don't intend to use it for longer journeys? I love the way it looks, the engine that Yamaha has plonked in it, and all the reviews I've read so far seem to indicate it's a very capable maxi scooter.

My only worry is about the suspension as the general opinion seems to be that it's stiff and hard on the back as a result. Also, the tiny fuel tank has been flagged by some as an issue, but for me that's not a worry given my use. You mentioned the panels becoming soft. What does that mean exactly? Is it a result of low quality plastics being used? Would be glad to know of any other pointers you may have! Cheers!
Old 22nd March 2024, 20:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakeDancer View Post
Hello OP! I've been eyeing the Aerox for the past one year or so, but haven't pulled the trigger yet considering my utility levels are low, and also because the Yamaha showroom near me never has a unit available for test rides. I want to buy one mostly for smaller distances within the city so that I don't have to haul a long sedan and worry about parking etc. Do you think it makes sense as a buy if I don't intend to use it for longer journeys? I love the way it looks, the engine that Yamaha has plonked in it, and all the reviews I've read so far seem to indicate it's a very capable maxi scooter.

My only worry is about the suspension as the general opinion seems to be that it's stiff and hard on the back as a result. Also, the tiny fuel tank has been flagged by some as an issue, but for me that's not a worry given my use. You mentioned the panels becoming soft. What does that mean exactly? Is it a result of low quality plastics being used? Would be glad to know of any other pointers you may have! Cheers!
I think I can help you.
My usage is at max 10-15kms a day. This is among the best scooters you can buy as on date.
Yes the rear suspension is stiff but can be replaced with aftermarket for about 8k.
The tiny fuel tank is a little irritating but manageable.
If you are really keen then a aftermarket 8litres tank is also available.
The motor is a little gruff in the first 100kms or so but then settles down to a nice smooth way.
The side stand as a very flimsy spring which I replaced on day one to avoid it tipping over.
Besides all of the above the scooter is amazing and I have had many instances when people look at the scooter in awe.
It's a niche product.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 09:04   #14
BHPian

Quote:
I got my Aerox on 05th March and is only 18 days old and about 350 kms on odo. Contrary to the general opinion that rear suspension is hard, I found it quite pliant and comfortable. I have ridden over road rumblers, humps, potholes, mud roads, and yet to feel the reported hardness of the suspension at my back. I find my KTM Duke 390 suspension and seat harder than that of Aerox.

So, my simple suggestion is take a test ride of the new 2024 Aerox and ride it over some bad stretch and see how it feels. Trust your feelings and instincts. Check it out personally and see how it goes.

Regarding the fuel tank capacity, all the 100 / 125 cc gearless scooters have fuel tank capacity in 5 to 5.6 Ltr range. That gives around 200-225 Kms range on full tank. So its the regular standard tank capacity.

Give me an honest reply. What's the max range you ride in one sitting on the highway before stopping to stretch your body / bio break / food break / fuel break? Personally I have done 350 kms once without getting off the bike. But that's a very rare situation. Generally I stop every 100 Kms for a body stretch and sip some water & take a 5 min break. With Aerox you have around 200 kms range (same as my KTM Duke 390 which I have ridden some major long distance rides all over india from Kanyakumari to Ladakh/ Spiti etc) . I personally dont see myself riding in excess of 200 kms at a stretch, regularly. So I plan my bio break / food break and fuel break together / concurrently to save on stoppage times.

3 months ago, I rode my brand new Honda Dio from Vasco, Goa to Mangalore about 360 kms or so and I had a planned 1 fuel cum food stop at Honnavar in between. The distance was around 178 kms from home to fuel stop and then from fuel stop to destination was another 180 kms on the odo meter. It was about 3 hr 30 min spent on each stretch and it worked perfectly well. What I am trying to say here is don't get hyped about "Small fuel tank". It is a " more than adequate" tank for the range that you possibly could ride in a given sitting. Remember, you are riding a scooter and not driving a car. So you will have more butt breaks on scooter than on a car.
Please visualize and think with a cool mind and you will understand my pov. If you have a different pov, please do share so that we can deliberate on the same.

The Aerox body panels getting soft with age means the same that happens with any vehicle (2/4 wheeler) with age. Body parts / rubber parts start getting lose at joints, some creaks, squeaks, thuds and squeals. Fatigue sets in the body parts and they tend to lose their tensile strength / elasticity and you will hear some odd squeaks here & there. That's part of a vehicle life cycle. You just maintain your vehicle as good as possible and that's it..

I have owned many vehicles in my life and never had a test ride / drive before purchase. I see the vehicle, go through the specs, reviews, compare it with other similar vehicles and then chuck everything aside and go heart over mind. If I like a vehicle and if I could afford it, I simply go and buy it.

My Pulsar 180 was the first Pulsar sold in Karnataka that i purchased in Bengaluru in last week of March 2002.
My KTM Duke 390 was the first lot 390 spec KTM in Goa that I purchased in Aug 2013.
No test rides, no comparo, nothing. Just heart over mind and I was never let down. Both my Pulsar 180 & KTM Duke 390 turned out to be gem of a vehicle.

I wanted to be the first Aerox owner in Goa. The dealer messed it up, never kept me in the loop and I had to wait for a long time to get my Aerox.

If you like it, just buy it. Everything can be sorted later.

Last edited by ashkamath : 23rd March 2024 at 09:11. Reason: Corrected spelling mistakes
ashkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 10:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
I want to buy one mostly for smaller distances within the city so that I don't have to haul a long sedan and worry about parking etc.
I think Ashkamath has answered your queries to a large extent. Most of the things are non issue, just that you have to mould your riding style to the bike.

However, if you intend to use it purely in the city, Aerox would be a good purchase if the roads you use does not have a lot of speed breakers, potholes etc.

Here in Bengaluru, given the number of speed breakers, I enjoy my Aerox more on the smooth highways/expressways than on the city roads. That's where it comes to life

Cheers and let us know your decision !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks