Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:07   #1
BHPian

Bajaj launches 2023 Chetak and reduces the pricing of older version drastically

Bajaj has just launched the 2023 Chetak with minor cosmetic updates and features. The 2023 Bajaj Chetak gets no design changes but subtle styling revisions. The electric scooter is now available in three new colours - Matte Coarse Grey, Matte Caribbean Blue and Satin Black. The 2023 edition also gets a larger, all-colour LCD digital console, which promises better clarity than the existing version. It’s still a round unit though. The e-scooter also sports a premium two-toned seat, body-coloured rear view mirrors, a satin black grab rail and matching pillion footrest castings. Furthermore, the headlamp casing, indicators and central trim elements are now finished in Charcoal Black, giving a refreshed look to the model.

Bajaj launches 2023 Chetak and reduces the pricing of older version drastically-chetak1.png

Bajaj launches 2023 Chetak and reduces the pricing of older version drastically-chetak3.png

Bajaj launches 2023 Chetak and reduces the pricing of older version drastically-chetak2.png

Source:
https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...737729596.html

Bajaj also reduced the pricing of the older Chetak by a whopping Rs 30,000. The older version (which is almost the same as the new one) now costs Rs 1.22 lakhs (ex-showroom, Bangalore). Bajaj is also expanding its production to 10,000 units per month.

This whole exercise seems to save face in the name of the so-called premium version instead of direct price reduction. Bajaj Chetak sales have stagnated for more than a year at 2 to 3k units per month despite expanding to many cities. On the other hand, companies like Ola, and Ather are posting record sales (20K+ and 10K+) each month. TVS iQube is selling in impressive numbers (15,522 in Feb 2023) and sales are above 10K for the last 4-5 months.
sri_tesla is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 19:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Bajaj launches 2023 Chetak and reduces the pricing of older version drastically

Too little too late!

When Bajaj announced and launched Chetak a few years back, I badly wanted to get one and gift to my dad who had the good old workhorse Bajaj Chetak. But then, there were enormous delays in launching the product. Next came the price bomb. If I remember right, it costed Rs.1.75+ OTR in Chennai.

Lastly and most importantly, the "stupid / arrogant" comment (at least to me) from Rahul Bajaj saying that "he would bet on BET (Bajaj, Enfield & TVS) and champions eat OATS (Ola, Ather, Tork & SmartE) for breakfast.

To me, it was a unwanted / unwarranted comment from a person in such a high level.

Though I personally own a TVS iQube, we all know how Ather, took the first mover advantage, with such a fantastic product.

@Bajaj - All the best. But, you have lots of catch-up to do - especially, if you still want to eat OATS.

Cheers!
callvvijay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 23:33   #3
BHPian

Re: Bajaj launches 2023 Chetak and reduces the pricing of older version drastically

So little traction for any Chetak news.

As per this post, Bajaj had officially launched the 2023 version Chetak, but there are absolutely no reviews and even the dealerships are saying that Bajaj backed out of this launch?

What's the reality?
Old 11th October 2023, 09:19   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I've seen Athers in a few different cities, am seeing the number of Olas catching up. Even scattered Chinese-rebranded scooters. Where's the Chetak?

The oats are growing well apparently, doesn't seem like anyone from Bajaj is one is coming to eat them though!
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks