Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2023, 18:42   #1

Pulsar F250 discontinued? One dealer says yes, but some others & Bajaj Customer Care say NO

So, let's get to the crux of the matter since the headline is rather bold (in my opinion). I am in the market for a bike and have narrowed it down to either the Pulsar F250 or the NS 200. I was and still am confused between the two. On one hand, I love the chassis and engine of the NS but find the styling and features dated, and on the other hand, the fit and finish, and general quality of the switchgear, paint, etc., are much better and feel much more premium on the new 250 twins. Overall, the twins felt more premium, but I have not ridden any of the 250s, so I don't know if they will pull the strings of my heart. Mind you, this is comparing the fit & finish of the BS6 Phase 1 NS. I asked them when the new NS with the USD will arrive because I want to compare it with the F250 and was told it, along with the F250 stock, would arrive at the end of March. Note: In the showroom, there wasn't an F250 but an N250, which I couldn't test as it was booked, and they did not have a test vehicle.

When the end of March came, and I contacted the SA, I was told that the bikes would come during the first week of April. The 8th of April came, and since it was a Saturday, I was free and decided to go to the showroom again. When I reached there, I was not only disappointed to find out that the stock had still not arrived, but I also got some really sad news from the manager there. He said that the factory had informed them that they had decided to discontinue the F250, and so no stock would be arriving. He asked me if I'd be interested in the N250 instead, but I am not as interested in the N as I am in the F (god, that sounds wrong). He was a pleasant chap who went on to tell me that they had bookings for the F250 and now had tough calls to make. Apparently, the factory asked them to tell people to change the bookings to the N250 or, if they insist on a faired bike, then the 220F or RS 200.

When I asked for the reason for this, he mentioned that it could be due to low sales as they too weren't selling many F250s. He said that the N was selling in okay numbers, not the numbers they hoped or expected, but it was selling. The F, on the other hand, would sell about 1-2 units a month. I was really disappointed hearing this. On Bajaj's website, the F250 is still there till today.

Two days ago (11th April), I happened to stumble upon the Instagram account of a dealer in Hosur (Tarun Motors). I dropped them a message inquiring if the F250 had been discontinued, and boy, was I shocked by their reply. Not only did they say that the bike was not discontinued and that they had stock, but they also said they even have more on the way from the factory that they ordered. I was then directed by them to contact Bajaj Customer Care and inquire, which I did. Yesterday (12th April), I got a call from the Customer Care rep, and he too told me that the bike had not been discontinued and that they're sorry that wrong info is being passed around. He went ahead to took my contact details and said he would forward it to our dealer in Goa and ask them to contact me. In case you're wondering, no one did, that's fine.

Now, I don't know if the bike is really discontinued and that dealers that have the bike are not telling customers this because of fear that the stock they're sitting on won't sell, or whether Bajaj is also not telling customers that the F250 is discontinued for the same reasons, because when I asked the Customer Care rep if production is going to be stopped he said that we don't have such info yet (not very convincing in my books).

I don't see why my dealer would lie about it being discontinued, it doesn't benefit him, he may lose a customer. Also, if I get one, I have the fear that it may be discontinued soon and parts (Just the cosmetics) will be an issue.

Also, it's barely been a year, if Bajaj pulls the plug on the F250 so soon it'll be really sad. I'd blame it partially on people fangirling on the 220F way too much. It's an overrated dated bike, no hate for the bike but it's too old. It was once a gem I admit. It was a bike I loved during its prime. But in 2023 paying 1.73 lakhs (On road Goa) for the 220F is not worth it at all when for 10k more you get a modern iteration of it with better features!

Does anyone have any insights on this? And can anyone guide me on which bike I should go for. Usage will be to and fro home and the office which includes a mix of highway riding and city riding. My office is 35kms away from my house so that's a 70km trip. I also plan to tour with it and ride to nearby states on the occasional weekend.
ageraR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 19:31   #2
BHPian

re: Pulsar F250 discontinued? One dealer says yes, but some others & Bajaj Customer Care say NO

With 220F in market, it doesn't make financial sense for bajaj to sell 250F, so it could be true. But Bajaj business model always defies logic, so, we cannot objectively say it. Bajaj could be manufacturing it for domestic markets, but confined to certain regions like Delhi where the inventory just flies away.

To be honest, the market is much matured now and you can find other bikes from other manufacturers like Yamaha's FZ250 and other good bikes in similar price range and i would suggest you to have an objective look at them for your purchase.

Nothing could beat Bajaj's value proposition. But, the market is very competitive and you will find other bikes, which might not be faired but very much enjoyable. So, my suggestion is to look at other products objectively and then decide. Fairing should not be the deciding factor.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 23:59   #3

Re: Pulsar F250 discontinued? One dealer says yes, but some others & Bajaj Customer Care say NO

I am flexible as far as faired v/s naked goes. Just between the 250 twins from bajaj I preferred the F250 more than the N as I felt it was a more complete package.

The next bike in the list is the NS200. It would have been a no-brainer had the current update at least given it an all LED lighting set up.

As for the FZ25, I am not a fan of its styling and it falls out of my budget of 2 lakhs OTR. The Suzuki 250s didn't make the list for the same reason.

I am a huge Husky fan (specially the Swartpilen) but it too is out of my budget. Another reason I may have not gone for it is size, I am a 6 footer and the bike looks a tad bit tiny under me.

The Apache 200 4v I got to take for a spin but it didn't set my heart pumping like the NS did so she fell out of the race (for me).

I am still being optimistic that the F250 is not really discontinued and it's just a miscommunication. Can I get some ownership reviews from anyone here about the new 250 engines in particular? All the reviewers seem to be gaga over its refinement but one thread here spoke about how the owner faced issues with the bike (random engine cut offs).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks