Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2023, 16:12   #1

Motorcycle dealers in my city don't have the make or model I want | Can I buy from another city?

Hello! BHP-ians

As a budding automobile and motorcycle enthusiast. I've driven numerous cars and bikes along the way, but now I'm making an important decision in my life by purchasing my first Supersport bike. I'm interested in the Aprilia RS660 and the CBR650R, but no one in my state sells Aprilia Superbikes, and the Honda Bigwing dealership near me said they're not sure about getting allotment for the CBR650R. My only option is to get it from Bangalore, but I'm not sure what the registration process entails or how to register the bike in Tamil Nadu.

Please help me out!
Thank you
Old 15th April 2023, 19:52   #2
BHPian

re: Motorcycle dealers in my city don't have the make or model I want | Can I buy from another city?

Found this link:

https://tnsta.gov.in/tnsta/Faq_registration.jsp

Read all the points as one of them clearly states that only dealer can register new vehicle. Ask your local dealer to help.
Old 15th April 2023, 23:08   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Motorcycle dealers in my city don't have the make or model I want | Can I buy from another city?

Firstly, please try for a suitable bike of your liking from any dealer with his ASC located in your city of stay. Only if this is unavoidable, you may try to procure it from another city/metro. This is because of the post purchase service, spares and unlikely competency of mechanics in your city to carry out the later maintenance.

And if the bike is bought from another city, the dealer provides papers. You can drive it to your city but it will be with a temporary registration which could trouble you enroute. The bike can be packed and transported by a reliable transporter. Once you reach your city of stay, the bike can be easily registered by uploading required documents on VAHAN and by paying required fees viz road tax and registration fees. Insurance for five years is a must. Hard copies also need to be submitted at the time of registration.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 15th April 2023 at 23:09.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks