Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2023, 22:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Restart of motorcycling | Suggest a good motorcycle to a middle-aged man

More or less in the same boat - 38 years, husband, and a recent dad. Used to ride and tour a lot till 2014 on my Apache RTR 180. Wanted to go back to motorcycles. Had a healthy dilemma between KTM Adventure 390, Dominar 400, Interceptor 650, and Xpulse.

In the end, twin cylinder rumble won over the other bikes. Thought to myself that this one needs to be an upgrade and bought home an Interceptor. Been daily driving it for office commute (30 Kms) in heavy BLR traffic. Clutch is on the heavier side - but the rumble and locomotive like pull makes up for everything else.

Am I suggesting the Interceptor - to an extent, but given your healthy budget, please take long test rides of other bikes in your shortlist and go for the one which pulls your heart strings. As hubris, in our age, motorcycle buy should be from heart and not mind 🙂
Wageabond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 10:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wonder very few recommended RE Hunter. Its a very good bike for city commutes given its small footprint, decent power and low kerb weight and saddle height. It also looks part

I am also in the same boat as you and will mostly get myself Hunter or a twin based on Hunter (In the works I read). I tried interceptor but the saddle height, weird footpegs position and weight made me look elsewhere. I am short (5'4") and returning to biking after a long time, I dont want a heavy bike with more than 760-800mm saddle height for city commutes and occasional highway rides.

At the same time, I dont want to stick to usual single cylinder bikes . Reason I am waiting for MT03 (Assuming its a twin) and 650CC Hunter.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 7th June 2023 at 10:35.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 10:50   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Wonder very few recommended RE Hunter. Its a very good bike for city commutes given its small footprint, decent power and low kerb weight and saddle height. It also looks part
A poor suspension, strange ergonomics and a product that is neither here nor there is the reason why I wouldn't recommend one. I cannot see why anyone would buy a Hunter instead of a Classic 350. There are a ton of motorcycles better than the Hunter for city commutes. And with the 17" wheels, a smallish tank, ergos and suspension, it's a pretty poor touring machine too.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 13:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I cannot see why anyone would buy a Hunter instead of a Classic 350.
The reason for its success, is that it's the most affordable RE, people with smaller build can easily manage riding it as against the other RE's.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 10:34   #35
BHPian

Thank you all for your suggestions.
Based on comments here, I will include RE interceptor 650 also in my test drives.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 11:37   #36
BHPian

Based on my latest experience of buying and RE, I would recommend you not to consider RE bikes if you want to enjoy your bike completely. The RE and its dealerships now have the uncanny ability to put a spare on your riding experience.
Old 8th June 2023, 17:29   #37
BHPian

CB500x or MT-03 will be good option for Indian conditions.
I have a cb500x and its refinement, weight distribution and comfort is at a different level compared to some other bikes I tried when I was looking for a bike. Pillion seat is also comfortable which was one of my main requirements.
dkar228 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 16:25   #38
BHPian

Thank you all for the inputs, I've a quick update. I didn't do any test drives of shortlisted vehicles, but went ahead and booked triumph speed 400. I will wait for reviews, test drives and then take decision of buying or not.

I wanted to be part of first 10k bookings for price protection. On papers, Speed 400 looks pretty good though. Hope Bajaj's involvement doesn't dilute the overall experience.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks