Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2007, 20:56   #1
BHPian

A modified Exhaust on a Pulsar.. Help !

Heyy.. i thought i'd get some advice before doing anything to my pulsar 180cc black... i have already put a K&N filter R1060... I want to change the exhaust to get more power and also to get a deep sound from the bike.. what do u suggest ? it is good to go this ? how will it effect my milage.. i get abt 50kmpl.... Plz suggest a good Brand of an exhaust to put if it is preferable and how much would it cost to put a good exhaust ?
Old 22nd July 2007, 23:21   #2
BHPian

Did u re-jet after fixing K&N ??? IF not re-jet it, you will certainly feel the difference. Finding a good freeflow for bikes is a big headache, you will end up in buying dubba can, Check out Proton its one of the common brands, i think its available at bangalore..

Happy moddiing...
Old 24th July 2007, 07:42   #3
BHPian

Whats " re jet " ? i had my engin tuned yday... how much do u think proton will be ? i get most of the stuff done for my bike on JC rd in bagalore... how much do u think a good branded exhaust will cost ? But will this be a problem in the sense that the police will fine me for it ??
Old 25th July 2007, 03:19   #4
BHPian

you can try Tectrac or Proton exhuast. Tectrac exhaust you can get it for 3 to 3.5k. "re-jet" All carb's does have jets of different sizes in diferrent sizes. You will have to increase the jetsize by least 2.5 or 5.0.. ie: (115 is the stock jet size. You will have to increase it to 117 or 120). If you dont you will run lean in bike which aint good for the engine. And to get better results on the K&n is re-jetting your carb.
Old 25th July 2007, 04:02   #5
BHPian

Dude i think you can get in touch with Automech as they have made an exhaust for a Pulsar 180 classic..I saw it on youtube today.Good deep sound with an K&N added.

Thanks,
Niki.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

feed more fuel as you now fee your engine with more air and hence you upsize your bikes jet. Get avenger's jet, think its 125.
Old 25th July 2007, 13:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Go to your local friendly car parts dealer ask them to give you Solex jets in whichever size you want, take your original jet with you in case you get confused with the thread size or the design as there are a some variations. Will cost you 10 bucks or something.

Dont buy the 125size avenger jet from dealer they'll charge you dearly for it.... ie., if they have it lol Instead go to car automobiles injc road.. go to maruti's section in first floor and askfor the solex jets.
Old 25th July 2007, 17:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wayne find a good mech who is good in doin altrations, am not talking about any mech who knows to change the oil and oil filter.
Just by changing the air filter you wont get to see much of a diffrence in performance.

Airfilter(K&N )

Rejetting: here you will have to do some trial, try few up sized jets before settling for the one which suits your bike. every time you try a jet the bike has to be tuned and tested. so the mech who does it should know his job + has the time and patience to do it

Exhaust: This is more challenging, again has to be done by a pro.

You can try "DTW", they used to be good with modyfing some years back. dont have thier contact info.

Also Venkat from "ProBiking"

Good Luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks