Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2023, 11:53   #1
BHPian

Poor experience buying a motorcycle accessory online

This might be quite long and look like a rant. So kindly excuse me.

The scenario is, I tried to order a rear luggage rack for my motorcycle (CB650R) from one of the big baddy accessories seller online. The listed model was different from what i was looking for and inquired them regarding the same through whatsapp. The support person confirmed it is what i was looking for and will fit my CB, no doubts. I thought the website description might be wrong since the support person claimed otherwise. So i went ahead and ordered the rack which was Rs.15300.

The product arrived 3 days later and as i doubted earlier it didn't fit my CB. The part number says its for CB650F. So i didnt even bother to open it completely, put it back as safe as it came and shipped them back to the seller same day after confirmation. I paid the return shipping cost of Rs.240.

When asked why was wrong info given on the product, he said that the back end team confused it for the CBR650R. That was utter crap because it wont fit the CBR as well. It might fit the CBR650F.

The next day he confirmed that they received the product and then this was his exact reply. "As checked, there are a lot of blemishes on the paint on the product at the fitment points. Kindly allow some time to provide you with an update on the same."

I got furious and called him and said that he must be either joking or looking at the wrong product as I didn't even bother to open it fully. Then he said he will give me a credit note and i can use it to purchase any other product. I argued it was not my fault that i ordered the wrong product and asked him to refund for which he agreed later on. I got the refund as well. Thankfully i was lucky.

Most of the online sellers are listing the product as a pre order item which is fair as certain items do not sell. But they expect the customer to pay in full for the pre order item and wait for months without any proper reply. When they are into a business, why cant they have the courtesy to take a part payment as a confirmation and then collect the remaining payment once the product arrives, before delivery? I believe they are selling such products at a comfortable profit margin. This kinda business strategy is ridiculous.

I would rather pay more for shipping and procure the products directly from the manufacturer.

Also when asked if i can return a boot if it doesnt fit me right, almost all the sellers reply that cant refund the money but only a credit note. What kind of atrocity is this?

Is this really the scenario everywhere or is it my bad luck that i experienced such a thing?
Sman999 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 12:51   #2
BHPian

re: Poor experience buying a motorcycle accessory online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman999 View Post

The next day he confirmed that they received the product and then this was his exact reply. "As checked, there are a lot of blemishes on the paint on the product at the fitment points. Kindly allow some time to provide you with an update on the same."

I got furious and called him and said that he must be either joking or looking at the wrong product as I didn't even bother to open it fully. Then he said he will give me a credit note and i can use it to purchase any other product.
This is why I always make it a point to record videos while unboxing products, and even when returning them, I capture a video of myself thoroughly packing the items. This practice would have been beneficial in your situation, especially if there had been any denial regarding the paint issue.

Quote:
I argued it was not my fault that i ordered the wrong product and asked him to refund for which he agreed later on. I got the refund as well. Thankfully i was lucky.
I'm glad to hear that you received the refund. In my experience, other online providers do not engage in such malpractices. I have tried lluvia, bandidpitstop, and many others, and I must say that bandidpitstop is the best. They kept me consistently updated on each and every aspect and responded quickly to various issues, including refund-related matters.

It's possible that the seller initially considered attempting to take advantage of the situation, but seeing your firm stance, couldn't go head further.
raptor_diwan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 15:25   #3
BHPian

Re: Poor experience buying a motorcycle accessory online

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
This is why I always make it a point to record videos while unboxing products, and even when returning them, I capture a video of myself thoroughly packing the items.
Thanks for the tip! Might as well do that for future purchases if I do it online.

Quote:
It's possible that the seller initially considered attempting to take advantage of the situation, but seeing your firm stance, couldn't go head further.
Seems like that.
Sman999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 13:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I have tried lluvia, bandidpitstop, and many others, and I must say that bandidpitstop is the best. They kept me consistently updated on each and every aspect and responded quickly to various issues, including refund-related matters.
I agree on the bandidos pitstop! They were top notch in handling customer issues.

I had ordered a saddle stay for my himalayan and they messed up on one of the components (a connecting rod between the left and right stay). It was a wrong component that was shipped and I just sent a whatsapp message which was immediately actioned upon. Unfortunately, they sent another wrong component and it was rectified on the 3rd attempt if I remember right. When I told them that I will send the wrong component back, they advised me to send if the courier accepts "to collect" shipment and they will pay for it at their end. That's the level of customer service I got to see from them, which only ensured I first look in their website for any requirement I have and then look elsewhere.

Also, in all the conversations, they were very cordial and ensured the right component reached me and the product was put to use.

Post this, I ordered a few other items off their website which was delivered without hassles/ mix-up
thepilgrim1424 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 13:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrim1424 View Post
I agree on the bandidos pitstop! They were top notch in handling customer issues.
Post this, I ordered a few other items off their website which was delivered without hassles/ mix-up
A similar incident happened to me where I had ordered a handguard from them almost 4 years ago. Recently, it got broken by one of the mechanics, and unfortunately, I couldn't find the same product available anywhere. So, I decided to contact them via WhatsApp, sharing the picture and the old order ID from 4 years back, asking if they still had the same product in stock.

They informed me that they had stopped selling that particular product on their site. However, they went the extra mile to search for it and finally found one with a few scratches. They shared the pictures of the item with me through WhatsApp, and I agreed to purchase and they provided at a discounted price due to the scratches.

Even though it was the only piece they had, I had a positive experience with them, as they were helpful and accommodating throughout the process.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 14:23   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is the sellers name not disclosed? What is the point of this thread if nobody knows who the seller is?
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 14:30   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Why is the sellers name not disclosed? What is the point of this thread if nobody knows who the seller is?
I guess it's "Big Bad," but OP mentioned it as "Big Baddy."

It must be this one, considering his price indication.

https://bigbadbikes.com/product/for-...-honda-cb650f/

Quote:
tried to order a rear luggage rack for my motorcycle (CB650R) from one of the big baddy accessories seller online. So i went ahead and ordered the rack which was Rs.15300.

Last edited by raptor_diwan : 19th July 2023 at 14:38.
raptor_diwan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 15:27   #8
BHPian

well I came across an accessory manufacturer for bikes - and they seem to have done a very decent job in creating accessories like bags etc. maybe you guys can try them out. the brand is called rahgear.

DISCLAIMER : I am no way associated with the brand. Kindly proceed at your own risk (though I have a feeling there is no risk involved here)
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 12:25   #9
BHPian

Hello Sman999,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Can you name the retailer? Guess it will be beneficial for the wider forum members here.

Some niche products have exclusive distributors within India and the products cannot be directly shipped from Abroad to India. For example:

1. Rev'it : Handled by High Note Performance in India. Fc-moto and revzilla do not ship Rev'it products to India.

2. SW Motech : Big Bad bikes. Your order on the Main SW Motech website will be routed through Big bad bikes.

The issue of credit note is debatable but I believe this one of the way to prevent order cancellation or returns considering it is a niche market. The more retailers or competition come into picture, then this can be improved on.

Regards,
skviknaraj
skviknaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 21:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
He is right. This is the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post

The issue of credit note is debatable but I believe this one of the way to prevent order cancellation or returns considering it is a niche market. The more retailers or competition come into picture, then this can be improved on.

Regards,
skviknaraj
These guys stock up only for the GSA's and Triumph's or simply accessories for the premium mass market Indian motorcycles at a higher price range. When i tried to pre-order a product, every one of them wanted me to pay for it fully in advance blindly. I heard many retailers including "Bike n biker" dont respond properly regarding the arrival of the shipment once the order is placed. So, I said ill get back and no one had the courtesy to call me back or get back to me and check if i really want the product. Customer service is very poor. This might have been a niche market some 5 years back but I dont think it is now.

Now, I decided to get it designed and made from a local lathe and pay the same amount happily to them.
Sman999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 22:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
He is right. This is the one.

These guys stock up only for the GSA's and Triumph's or simply accessories for the premium mass market Indian motorcycles at a higher price range. When i tried to pre-order a product, every one of them wanted me to pay for it fully in advance blindly. I heard many retailers including "Bike n biker" dont respond properly regarding the arrival of the shipment once the order is placed. So, I said ill get back and no one had the courtesy to call me back or get back to me and check if i really want the product. Customer service is very poor. This might have been a niche market some 5 years back but I dont think it is now.

Now, I decided to get it designed and made from a local lathe and pay the same amount happily to them.
I have ordered multiple things for my bikes online, and have faced some issues as well. I have a CBR250 and had orderd a visor for it, same was delivered broken. But due to a habbit of mine, I made an unboxing video(not for uploading anywhere) just be sure. This video was shared to the seller and he had to agree that it was broken on delivery. I was sent another piece without any further questions.

So just a tip : Record yourself while unboxing things ordered online. If things turn out well, you can just delete the video or share it with seller and social media otherwise.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 12:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
I have ordered multiple things for my bikes online, and have faced some issues as well. I have a CBR250 and had orderd a visor for it, same was delivered broken. But due to a habbit of mine, I made an unboxing video(not for uploading anywhere) just be sure. This video was shared to the seller and he had to agree that it was broken on delivery. I was sent another piece without any further questions.
I had also ordered online for my previous rides(CBR 250R & Dominar) but those are mass market products and available with wide variety of sellers. IMHO, since there is competition for those products they tend to be nicer and also if something goes wrong they can bare the costs as the value of those products (mostly) are usually less than 5k.

But for big bikes these products start around 15k mark. That's where the trouble starts. And these products are not available with everyone. As @skviknaraj said certain brands are dealt by certain sellers, so their attitude is like, the customer cant go anywhere else if they need that particular product in India.

I can appreciate certain brands as well. For example, Viaterra. They are the best in the market WRT customer service & quality. They are very prompt with what they promise & deliver.

Since im an entreprenuer i value customer service & customer experience highly rather than the price of the product. But your views may differ.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks