Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 16:14   #1
BHPian

Occasional Stalling

I have a Zeus, 30 days old, run ~500 Kms. After first service found the following problems:

1. Occasional stalling
2. Cold start problem

Occasional stalling: This is an annoying problem. The bikes stalls at unpredictable intervals. Few occations which I noted down are- 3rd gear, 2700 rpm, 25 Kmph, 4th gear, 3000 rpm, 30 Kmph, 5th gear, 3200 rpm, 40 Kmph. When I mean stalling I mean the experience of stalling as if the fuel is not there for a second or as if the brake is applied and released with a push.

Twice I took it to the service center and in both occasions I could not simulate the problem to the mechanic. Occurance is erratic. But it occurs at least twice or thrice in a 3 Km streach.

What are the probable causes? And how do I rectify this? I have given it to the Suzuki service center, but have no confidence in them.

Cold Start: The self start is not able to start the bike in the mornings. This again is a problem which started after first service. The Suzuki service center says cold starting problem is a product feature!!! Any suggestions to overcome this...?

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th July 2007, 17:09   #2
BHPian

Well, regarding the stalling check the carburettor, I think that should be the problem. You need to get that cleaned. The other problem (but highly unlikely that you would have in this season) is due to heat, where in you just open the petrol tank lid and let it be so for some time. Regarding the cold start, I got no clue.
Old 24th July 2007, 17:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

It sounds like your bike is running extremely lean.

Lean-ness is what gets most bikes to get cold feet, which promptly disappear on spirited idling.

Your stalling seems to again be due to lean-ness - very lean mixture at low RPMs causing it to stall (not enough torque produced). Get a screw driver and play with the air/idling RPM screws. or just pay 5 bucks to your neighborhood mechanic.
Old 24th July 2007, 18:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Get your bike retuned, clean the carb and get it tuned.
should solve the problem.
Old 24th July 2007, 18:30   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
It sounds like your bike is running extremely lean.

Lean-ness is what gets most bikes to get cold feet, which promptly disappear on spirited idling.

Your stalling seems to again be due to lean-ness - very lean mixture at low RPMs causing it to stall (not enough torque produced). Get a screw driver and play with the air/idling RPM screws. or just pay 5 bucks to your neighborhood mechanic.
service guys have leaned the setting for better FE, would strongly recommend to get it tuned to normal settings atleast for the run in period.
Old 26th July 2007, 10:04   #6
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks for your inputs. Got it tuned by Suzuki service center. Its better now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks