Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2023, 11:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CB300F re-launched at Rs. 1.70 lakh

When I tested this bike, I don't remember any vibes from the engine. But the note felt gruffy. Especially compared to cb300r, whose power delivery and smoothness is on another level.
Old 18th September 2023, 12:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobbiker007 View Post
To address these doubts, I visited a Honda Big Wing dealership in my vicinity and test-rode a 2022 model of the Honda CB300F. Unfortunately, during the entire test ride, I was keenly aware of vibrations, noticeable from 2k to 6k RPM, particularly around the fuel tank area. These vibrations intensified as the speed increased, compelling me to upshift every time the speedometer climbed by 10kmph. In contrast, my previous experience with the Bajaj N250 had been smooth and tractable, allowing me to comfortably maintain speeds as low as 15kmph in 3rd gear.

The sales representative at the Big Wing dealership suggested I wait and test-ride the new models when they arrive, as he believed the vibration issue may have been addressed. I also favour the ergonomic design of the Honda CB300F over the Bajaj N250.
A lot of the reviews at the time of the initial launch were critical of the vibes produced by this engine. So your observations are not isolated. And TD bikes go through a lot abuse so it might be more pronounced. My advise is, don't buy something that doesn't work for you. Vibes can get annoying over the ownership of a bike. And different riders have different tolerance levels to vibes.

Honda CB300F re-launched at Rs. 1.70 lakh-screenshot-299.png

Last edited by b16h22 : 18th September 2023 at 12:14.
Old 8th November 2023, 09:45   #18

Are sales of this bike picking up after the price cut? Bigwing isn't disclosing any numbers.

This one is at the top of my shortlist, except concerns about spares availability and whether model will be discontinued. Is it advisable to wait till early next year to see if numbers improve?
Old 16th November 2023, 10:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcpub View Post
Are sales of this bike picking up after the price cut? Bigwing isn't disclosing any numbers.

This one is at the top of my shortlist, except concerns about spares availability and whether model will be discontinued. Is it advisable to wait till early next year to see if numbers improve?
Concern over spare parts availability is the only reason why I decided to go for the Hness instead of the 300F. As far as sales numbers are concerned, I saw some 124 count for Sep 2023. I really think it will improve but didn't have the luxury of waiting to find out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks