Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2023, 21:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Bullet Meri Jaan | Evolution of the Royal Enfield Bullet 350 | Is the cult still relevant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srini76 View Post
The Tiger eyes,
The sheer presence,
The unmistakable thump,
The hiss when you decompress to TDC,
The start of the effortless chug,
The uniqueness,
The aspiration of the eyes of the beholder.

All of the above made it a cut above and all references are to the CI engine,
Well said, you cannot put better than that.

Your words transported me to a time 3 decades ago, when I started learning how to drive a two wheeler - on my father's bullet - the standard 350.

All of it is true. I do have an Electra, yet, the CI is an enigma. The thump of the well tuned engine, the push by hand starting - fine tuning by the mechanic, the stomping on the small neutral gear. Slotting the gear to first with your Achilles heel. All this when you are stepping out of the teen age was mind blowing to say the least. The massive road presence, the ego boost and gliding over footwide potholes at 60 kmph is a surreal dream that I lived.

And when you have learnt driving a bullet, driving all other bikes is a child's play. And you naturally change mode in your brain when you swing your leg over any of the bullets and your legs automatically gets adjusted to the right side gear and left side brake. While others struggle with it. It's a massive headstart.

My father sold the bullet as I was stepping into graduation - something I never forgave him for months altogether - for denying me the opportunity to drive the beast into my college and get a legendary status. How I miss the bullet.
helios9406 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 11:06   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bullet Meri Jaan | Evolution of the Royal Enfield Bullet 350 | Is the cult still relevant?

Tracing the 1932-2020 journey by the RE Bullet over the years from an Instagram post by a Bullet fan.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czvtw...c4MmM1YmI2Ng==
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks