Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2023, 21:17   #1

TVS Ntorq Foundation Axle breaks after hitting a pothole

TVS Ntorq Foundation Axle Broke at 29k KMS after hitting pothole

Hi everyone this is my first post on Team-BHP, so please suggest to me anything you would like to be shared.

My father owns a TVS Ntorq Race Edition BS4 (a rare combo, in my opinion). The story started when my dad got a new job and had to leave a job which gave him free bus service to reach the office. But his new job gave him a reason to buy a scooter because his need was to store his jacket and helmet after reaching there rather than locking it on grab rail or fitting a side box for a bike.
So the time came to show my Automobile Opinion Prowess in my own family .

Our daily running was nearly 40 km and purely highway, so I suggested he go with a scooter with wide tyres and 12-inch rims for utmost stability and control.

We were then in the midst of the sporty scooter segment which was not that crowded back then. I was honestly considering the Access 125 for fuel efficiency and loving the extremely good ride quality so we were about to make a decision until a Ntorq rolled by with its gurgling exhaust that made me think again.

So, due to some workload, the decision got further delayed, and one day after returning from college, my dad called me and said he saw a new article on Ntorq new model and sent me the link.

I was in utter shock as my Dad was not an aesthetic seeker in terms of vehicle design and more of a function-over-form kind of person. I saw his other side of having a scooter, which sounds and looks sporty.

I made no further delay and asked my grandfather to accompany me to the showroom as I didn't have a driving licence yet. After we reached the showroom, I asked the salesperson to give me the details about the new Ntorq Race Edition, and he was clueless as it had just been announced, and dealers weren't even stocking it since we live in a small town. So he made some enquiries up top and promised us the first delivery of our city if we made the booking today itself ( a usual dealership trait).My grandfather took the test drive and gave it a thumbs up for its engine smoothness and comfortable suspension.

On the same day in the evening, my Dad went ahead and booked the bike with 500 rupees, and we waited for the delivery for nearly 20 days & on an Auspicious day i.e 8th October 2019 we got it delivered, and voila, it has been with us since then. My Dad recently bought an OLA Scooter in April 2022 and the Ntorq has been my daily driver since.

I just loved everything about it until the 2022 September 5th ride where I nearly hit a pothole at very high speed (sorry Dad ), and the vehicle has been misbehaving with its handling characteristics since then.

The handling became very loose ( which is not the case for Ntorq), and the rear wheel used to hop on even smaller undulations, making it lose power by not being able to keep the wheel on the surface and I was having a real nightmare of sorts.

But then the real culprit wasn't any loose bearing or broken bushings; it was a broken foundation axle, which our Family Mechanic insists to be the weakest link as he has already repaired the same kind of issue 6th time on Ntorq.

After we changed the foundation axle and bushings, the handling has been good, but we have yet to test it as it was replaced today. If you may ask what it was doing so long, I had an accident while cornering where the rear wheel caught me off guard due to its unpredictable movement, and I lost control and crashed at very low speeds ( no worries). That's when I took the issue very seriously and got it repaired.

So has there been the same case with any of you?
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Ntorq Foundation Axle breaks after hitting a pothole-16993715514323473387335230412479.jpg  

TVS Ntorq Foundation Axle breaks after hitting a pothole-16993715820757787068664069617880.jpg  

TVS Ntorq Foundation Axle breaks after hitting a pothole-16993716492106718831819587767314.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th November 2023 at 08:22. Reason: Title edited. Please proofread before posting. Only 2 smileys allowed.
pandu1564 is offline   (7) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th November 2023, 07:51   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: TVS Ntorq Foundation Axle breaks after hitting a pothole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandu1564 View Post
Hi everyone this is my first post on Team-BHP, so please suggest me even anything you would like to be shared.
Thanks for sharing, pandu1564! Moving your post out to a new thread so as to warn others. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google.

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 08:32   #3

Thank you sir for the much needed motivation on the first post itself, can't wait to bring some new stories and road trip diaries to Team-BHP.
Old 9th November 2023, 14:45   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandu1564 View Post
Thank you sir for the much needed motivation on the first post itself, can't wait to bring some new stories and road trip diaries to Team-BHP.
Thanks for sharing. I have been riding an Ntorq, I was one of the early adapters of the product. A Bright yellow Ntorq that I dearly love, A wonderful machine indeed. Have never faced this issue though thankfully. I'm also part of the Ntorq owners group in my city, no one there had complained of this as well. Guess the pothole impact was too much? But good that you got it diagnosed on time, safety first always!
curiousbolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 18:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousbolt View Post
Thanks for sharing. I have been riding an Ntorq, I was one of the early adapters of the product. A Bright yellow Ntorq that I dearly love, A wonderful machine indeed. Have never faced this issue though thankfully. I'm also part of the Ntorq owners group in my city, no one there had complained of this as well. Guess the pothole impact was too much? But good that you got it diagnosed on time, safety first always!
Although the speed was low, the pothole was blind and deep. Even with a broken axle, the Ntorq continued to run smoothly, albeit with some minor instability from the rear tire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks