Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2024, 13:32   #31
BHPian

Re: Restored! My beloved Yamaha RX135

Beautiful restoration. Congratulations. I have a 1993 model RX100 still running wonderfully. Just wanted to know if anybody can share any contacts for original spares. My silencer is rusted and I am on the lookout for original indicators etc.
Old 10th February 2024, 13:38   #32
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

It's always a pleasure to see an RX100 being restored - or for that matter any car or motorcycle.

Amazing restoration and a good choice of color. Please do get the new color endorsed on the RC Book / Card if possible. Nowadays RTO has become very strict at the time of passing / fitness. Any deviation from the RC (especially color) is immediately rejected.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 13:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Beautiful restoration. Congratulations. I have a 1993 model RX100 still running wonderfully. Just wanted to know if anybody can share any contacts for original spares. My silencer is rusted and I am on the lookout for original indicators etc.
A.S Auto Spares

This is where all the parts for my rebuild were sourced from
Old 10th February 2024, 14:21   #34
BHPian

Thanks for the quick reply. Where are they based by the way?
Old 10th February 2024, 16:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Please do get the new color endorsed on the RC Book / Card if possible. Nowadays RTO has become very strict at the time of passing / fitness. Any deviation from the RC (especially color) is immediately rejected.
This color was chosen as such so it would not require a change in the RC card. Rc card says maroon so this fits the bill. Images look really really red I have noticed. But it is a maroon. Had consulted with an ex RTO person. He said it's fine. Anything in the same shade but a slight difference is acceptable. Complete change in the color is where the line is drawn.

Last edited by Petrolhead1209 : 10th February 2024 at 16:20. Reason: Had to change the quote
Old 10th February 2024, 16:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Where are they based by the way?
They are based in Palakkad, Kerala. Which is where my bike was given to be done up.
Old 10th February 2024, 22:43   #37
BHPian

Nice restoration my bike is 2002 rx 135, I did my bike restoration around 2008 when parts were still available at the ASC and the bike is still running strong on the standard bore size without a hiccup.

• Speed limit is 40 kmph for the first 1500 kms after which I should get the tapettes -

The Rx135 is a 2 stroke so there are no valves albeit no tappet adjustments available so dont be misguided on this part by any mechanic. Also if riding within the city follow the oil mixture your mechanic has said, if taking it outside the city with more full throttle rides add more, I won't suggest any amounts as there is a whole lot of personal opinions on it but I add enough oil to make sure there is a small plume of smoke behind my bike

One kick start
The sounds, the vibrations, all the little details is what makes her special in my heart. - Totally agree on this.

She's now back to commuting to and from the Metro Station - never leave your bike in a public place unattended, me being a rx owner myself recommend you to always keep the bike where you can see it as there is a lot of demand for these bikes and its parts so high chances of getting stolen especially in public places like metro parking

Last edited by rocky080 : 10th February 2024 at 22:46.
Old 10th February 2024, 22:53   #38
BHPian

Here is a pic of my families 2 wheelers for reference with my bikes.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored! My beloved Yamaha RX135-img_20221004_124105.jpg  

rocky080 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 00:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post

The Rx135 is a 2 stroke so there are no valves albeit no tappet adjustments available so dont be misguided on this part by any mechanic. Also if riding within the city follow the oil mixture your mechanic has said, if taking it outside the city with more full throttle rides add more, I won't suggest any amounts as there is a whole lot of personal opinions on it but I add enough oil to make sure there is a small plume of smoke behind my bike

She's now back to commuting to and from the Metro Station - never leave your bike in a public place unattended, me being a rx owner myself recommend you to always keep the bike where you can see it as there is a lot of demand for these bikes and its parts so high chances of getting stolen especially in public places like metro parking
Thanks for the compliments and the advice!!
Yes, am strictly following the oil-fuel ratio very closely and have committed to no open throttle fun during the break - in period.

Fear of theft and damage to the vehicle is always there. Am currently using a close friends apartment parking space close to the metro which gives me peace of mind.

Beautiful machine you have there!!
We should meet up sometime soon!
Old 9th March 2024, 10:00   #40
BHPian

Strikes a chord deep within. Learning to ride on an RX135, only to miss out on buying the same machine later because I wasn't informed of its sale. I'd have cherished it, kept it pristine, and ridden it for as long as I could. Alas. Keep riding, mate.
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks