Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2004, 14:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Guys anyone else in India waiting for these two movies??

And those abroad have u seen Troy??
Heard it's great but didnt live upto expectations!

This summer's gonna be great for hollywood like every other summer best part is troy,Spiderman 2, Day after tomorrow, etc etc.......
Old 18th May 2004, 16:51   #2
BHPian

I am sure, Troy would be awesome, Though Torque.. is a must see once, I felt it was too 'FekumFek' as we'd say. Its main theme isnt bikes, it is to make sure they make fun of Fast and the Furious and Cars at every opportunity they get. Which was a little too obvious and some scenes did a good job visually too, but then after a few good shots it became a little too much.. even for us speed buffs to digest.
I thought 2003 was the best year for movies.. Matrix Sequels, LOTR:ROTK etc etc (actually the list goes on). But I was wrong, 2004 would be even greater (for movies and games *and probably R-35 concept* ).
And the best part is the funny movies are coming back with mature actor/actresses, than what was going on for like 3-4 straight years where funny movies were dominated by teens. It was good initially, then it became monotonous..
I am some how waiting for Kill Bill Vol. 2 , I know not many ppl liked it, but I am sure.. I WILL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] (TROY) Heard it's great but didnt live upto expectations!
I heard it did..

Old 19th May 2004, 00:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Pferdestärke
2005's gonna be even bigger!!

I saw the trailor of Troy, Mindblowing wonder how soon it comes to India
Old 19th May 2004, 12:15   #4
BHPian

Yea Man, I totally agree with you..
IT Kinda sucks, how much we have to wait for these movies, by the time they reach here, they're already stale.. (though i still dont mind that )
Old 20th May 2004, 15:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Torque is undoubtedly one of the most horrible movies of the year. Same ol' story of money exchanging hands, deals goin sour, rivalry, murder. Just fast bikes and nothing else. The climax on the Helicopter engine based bike (sorry i cant remember the name bhpians) seems to make mincemeat out of city traffic at 100-200 mph by weaving thru traffic as if its steering was the most responsive.

My suggestion. Want to watch good car chase movies or bike-based, look at bsmmotoring's website on top 5 chase movies of all time. You'll know why then not to watch movies like torque.

Keep Revvin ™
Revvmaster
Old 20th May 2004, 17:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

yeah torque was a big disappointment to me. Very unreal man. And that scene in the traffic looks like some video game.

The y2k with 300+ bhp was straining itself to catchup with a cruiser. That's pathetic.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 20th May 2004, 20:29   #7
BHPian

Well, their aim was not to make a movie.. It was to make a movie that made fun of and taunted movies with car chase. But, eventually, it ended up making fun of itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And that scene in the traffic looks like some video game.
Well the movie also seems inspired by the game 'Road Rash' on PC and Sega MegaDrive. Thats one of the reasons I said, its a must see 'once'.

p.s. - good to have u back 'Revv'.
Old 20th May 2004, 21:47   #8
BHPian

Its rather sad. Torque is listed in imdb.com under the 100 worst movies of all time with a rating of 2.x out of 10.
Old 22nd May 2004, 11:42   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ May 19 2004,10:45)]IT Kinda sucks, how much we have to wait for these movies, by the time they reach here, they're already stale.. (though i still dont mind that )
Well to make you feel better, the choice is, do you pay Rs460/- to watch a movie in the states, or wait a month or so and then watch it for Rs80/- in the desh?

I saw kill bill 2...only movie ive seen all semester... it was pretty good!...some parts were really cool! The only reason i would say it is a slight bit less good than kill bill 1 is because the whole "style" of the movie is no longer a new concept to the viewer, but its still cool!

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks