Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2004, 15:37   #1
BHPian

hey guys bajaj discover is gonna be *out soon,well its a 124.52cc dtsi motor pumping out11.34 bhp@8000revs and 1.1 kgm of torque@6500revs.
it has a class leading wheel base of 1305mm 5mm more than the fazer.10 ltr tank.well asits a dtsi motor expect the fuel efficiency to be top notch economisers watch out!
the weight of the bike is 125kg and it has 4 gears at its disposal.(all down)a 5th gear wud had been better though.
the company has come up 3 versions of the bike
1) round lamp with a 55/60w bulb and drum brakes
2)fairng and drum brakes
3)sports version sporting a fairing,electric start and mag wheels(six spoke wire type).
apart frm this the tyre size is 17" and not the regular 18",this wud aid in reducing(lowering) the cg of the bike making it more nimbler and a joy to ride around corners.also the silencer unit is fitted with a expansion(resonance) chamber to tune it to get maximum torque output in the entire rev range starting way below 4000revs.
well the most surprising aspect of the bike is tht its got the performance to shame a 150cc bike yes!!0-60 times are fast...performance is way better than the old classic 150,this baby goes to a top speed of 111kmph(118 speedo indicated).
i think it wud be another winner frm the bajaj stables.
*source autocar mag,sep 04

Old 8th September 2004, 16:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

yup,

looks good ... now the fazer has tough competition.

the fazer is one helluva bike too and now discover coming in ...well times were never better for people considerring the 125 cc bikes.

personally i prefer the yamaha fazer over the discover.

2 reasons for that - the legendary yamaha name and technology and the front end of the fazer i simply love that fairing. absolutely daring and in your face ....

the only thing where the fazer loses out is the FE but not by a huge margin.

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks