Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2004, 15:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha Fazer (Old One) - Limited edition

Quote:
Yamaha Motor India, encouraged by the upbeat response to Fazer, has unveiled two variants of the much-acclaimed executive commuter Fazer 125 -- Fazer Dlx (Deluxe) and Limited Edition Fazer.

The deluxe version of the stylish executive commuter now comes equipped with disc brakes and electric start, guaranteeing the utmost performance and ease while riding.

The Fazer Dlx price has been priced at Rs 47,990 (ex-showroom, New Delhi [ Images ]); while Fazer DlxLimited Edition will cost Rs 48,700 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).

Also, the Limited Edition of Fazer Dlx is Yamaha Motors' special offering for its customers this festive season.

The motorbikes don flame graphics, with two-tone paints, the two exciting shades available are leaf green metallic and bluish white. These 1,000 sleek machines will be up for grabs on a first come first serve basis!

Through the new launches Yamaha Motors plans to consolidate its position in the executive commuter category.

Speaking at the launch of Fazer deluxe, A V Srinivasan, director & executive vice - president, marketing & sales - Yamaha Motor India, said, "The Limited edition Fazer with flame graphics will generate a lot of excitement and visibility on the roads. The launch of deluxe version with disc brakes and self start is in line with our commitment to offer products that meet distinct needs of the Indian customers."

Equipped with disc brakes of 240 mm disc /130 mm drum - front / rear, electric start, and the power packed features of the Fazer 125, Fazer Dlx will be the next icon on Indian roads, he said.

Disc brakes have been introduced in Fazer Dlx especially for customers who want to experience the zest of the bike. They ensure highly efficient braking and extra safety for the rider. While the electric start feature adds ease in riding, enhancing the overall riding experience that the Fazer offers, said Srinivasan.

New Yamaha fazer

but still no 5th gear and fuel inidcator !
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Fazer (Old One) - Limited edition-fazer.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th July 2009 at 19:38.
Old 2nd November 2004, 17:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

the pic given in the article is of the normal fazer...

i see no disk brake up front nor any graphics which are mentioned in the article...people can be so ignorant at times.

Drifter
Old 2nd November 2004, 18:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

dude

the pic is of the normal fazer. but the article spoke abt the new fazer. rediff hai bhai ...

cheers
Old 2nd November 2004, 19:44   #4
BHPian

the team members that went to the motor show in mumbai saw the fazer with a disc brake kit. saw a couple of fazers with snazzy paintjobs too. so i guess those are the limited edition or so called new fazers.
Old 2nd November 2004, 20:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (salil_kulkarni @ Nov. 02 2004,17:14)]the team members that went to the motor show in mumbai saw the fazer with a disc brake kit. saw a couple of fazers with snazzy paintjobs too. so i guess those are the limited edition or so called new fazers.
you're right,

the fazers at the auto show were the new fazers mentioned in the article on rediff.

Drifter
Old 3rd November 2004, 04:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

The disc would certainly help. But flame graphics?? Wht r Yamaha thinking??
Old 3rd November 2004, 15:29   #7
F50
Senior - BHPian

Features of New Fazer are electric self-start, disc brakes and some crappy graphics in that there are two options of Bluish white cocktail and Leaf Green Metallic...
I never liked the Fazer and some cosmetic changes is not going to help either ...
Old 3rd November 2004, 16:03   #8
Team-BHP Support

Here's the "new" Fazer.

Like it or not, you have to credit Yamaha for the quality of the finish of their bikes. They have the best paint job I've seen on any indian bike and would even put the Comet to shame in this area.

Rt
Old 3rd November 2004, 23:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

paint quality looks really good
Old 31st August 2005, 11:24   #10
BHPian

does someone throw some more light on fazer. how is the vehicle and its performance and any better options then this.
Old 31st August 2005, 11:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

The Fazer is a decent bike when it comes to big bike feel, quality etc. Do not know why it is not doing so well though. Maybe it is the price. If you want some kind of exclusivity in terms of owner ship and design ( ) then you can go in for it provided the CBA is favourable.
Old 17th July 2009, 11:20   #12
BHPian

Yamaha Fazer (OLD)

I have a question for which I am sure I am going to get an answer only in this forum.

Before the current Yamaha Fazer there was another FAZER. I am not sure which company used to manufacture it , but I think it was from the Yamaha Stable itself.
I believe it has a 100cc-125cc engine. I have not spotted too many on Bangalore roads but I would be greatly obliged if any of th TBHP'ians can post some pictures of the old one.

In office and my neighborhood I have now become the official laughing stock since either no one knows about the old one or they just want to pull my leg.
Google was not too helpful as well.

Help

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th July 2009 at 11:42. Reason: Please use search before opening new thread, check the firt post link for picture. Also post in relevant subforum, thanks
Old 19th July 2009, 19:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi RP,

I hope the first post answers your query, you are correct Yamaha did launch a 125cc Fazer with those bug like headlights.

So yes you are right

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks