Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2007, 22:30   #1
BHPian

Honda Dio - 2 Month waiting period!

Hi Guys,

I am basically a car guy, needed a 2 wheeler(my first ever) to run errands in the city - so I went to the nearest Honda showroom (Goa Rajee Motors) and was told that there's a 1-2 month waiting period! Since I wanted to buy only a Dio I put 1k INR as the booking amount.

Just wanted to know from you guys that is this normal - I know of such waiting periods for cars , but sounded pretty weird for a scooter.

Wonder if the tiny little Dio is so much in demand or whether HMSCI makes far less Dio's that what they should be! (anyone from HMSCI listenting?!)
Old 18th November 2007, 23:39   #2
BHPian

i am the proud dio owner. dio is good i wud say its awesum. in thane[mumbai] waiting period for dio is 2 months nd activa is 3 months.
Old 19th November 2007, 09:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

2 Months waiting period? For what?
Don't Honda know that now they have some genuine competition to the Activa/Dio in the Kinetic Flyte and Suzuki Access ?
Old 19th November 2007, 10:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
Hi Guys,

Wonder if the tiny little Dio is so much in demand or whether HMSCI makes far less Dio's that what they should be! (anyone from HMSCI listenting?!)

@techno, here in bangalore its not the same Dhruvdesh motors are giving dio & activa in a span of 4 days flat. i wonder the dealer is playing some tricks here,he might be running out of stock, try another dealer and let us now.
Old 19th November 2007, 11:40   #5
SuperSyn

Two months is absurd: maybe the dealership itself is going out of business?

Also remember that there were low key news reports that Honda would release a new scooter in November/December. I have had one other person hint similarly, though of course that does not mean a lot.

If you can hold off, it might be worth the wait. And include the Suzuki Access in your shortlist as well.

Old 19th November 2007, 12:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore, 1 week is max. I do not know how the dealer fares in the priority list of HMSCI. If the dealer is selling more vehicles, then he will be sent more vehicles from HMSCI factory and it is vice versa.
Old 19th November 2007, 13:12   #7
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I went to the dealer again and asked him for more details on the waiting period. He showed me a huge waiting list with names on it with deliveries pending since october!

So from first look it appears that Honda motorscooters india is not probably making enough Dio's(weird though)

I did actually email HMSCI though their "contact us" link on the website. Some guy called up after like 15 days and told me he will look into the matter and that I shall get a call from the dealer. Never heard from neither the dealer or the customer care guy.

I did send them another of those "contact us" inquiries asking for a clarification whether it really takes 2 months! No reply from them. So much Honda's customer service!
Old 19th November 2007, 16:03   #8
BHPian

Have you contacted any other dealer, are other dealers also telling the same story, if you have not contacted them please do it.
Even the other dealers telling the same blahh blaahhh,
i am sorry its your faith. cant help
Old 19th November 2007, 16:20   #9
BHPian

absurd

thats absurd
anyway this is their service at time of sale
imagine what happens at time of after sales service

we all just had a big big discussion on ungeared scooters
check it out because nowadays there are good scooter options beyond the activa and dio
Old 19th November 2007, 16:53   #10
BHPian

They have some production issues at their plant. A combination of labour and logistics problems( perhaps they are shifting plant) and hence, constraints in manufacturing the scooters. I too went to buy one for daily runabouts and came back empty handed as the dealer expressed their inability to help for a faster delivery citing these problems.
Old 19th November 2007, 19:15   #11
BHPian

I read in a different forum that HONDA is gearing for a new scoot may be that is the delay, is this rumour true friends do you have any SCOOP regarding this? Pls post if any thanks bye.
Old 19th November 2007, 22:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Have you contacted any other dealer, are other dealers also telling the same story, if you have not contacted them please do it.
Even the other dealers telling the same blahh blaahhh,
i am sorry its your faith. cant help
I went to the other dealer too - same story. Both dealers tell me that they get the bikes in less numbers than what is the demand. I wonder what people at Honda are thinking!

Delays I can understand maybe - but as a customer I expect an acknowledgment to the query I send on their website - the HMSCI guys are really weird!
Old 19th November 2007, 22:28   #13
BHPian

On a related note, I just checked out http://www.honda2wheelersindia.com/ and seems to be down the whole day!
Old 20th November 2007, 11:55   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
I went to the other dealer too - same story. Both dealers tell me that they get the bikes in less numbers than what is the demand. I wonder what people at Honda are thinking!

Delays I can understand maybe - but as a customer I expect an acknowledgment to the query I send on their website - the HMSCI guys are really weird!
HMSI will not respond no matter, if you are very much particular about dio then please wait, if not please go ahead with somethin else.
Old 20th November 2007, 13:24   #15
BHPian

weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
HMSI will not respond no matter, if you are very much particular about dio then please wait, if not please go ahead with somethin else.
that is very weird, no?
when i was buying flyte, it was easy dealing with kinetic. they have a tollfree number and SMS thingy too. i just sent an SMS to their number and i was contacted etc.
sorry i cant remember that number now but i think u can contact them thru their website also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks