Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2007, 15:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

RTR or HUNK !!??

Was just looking at these two bikes and wanted to know which would be worth buying. I'm looking at the following aspects listed as per priority

1. Comfortable Ride (I dont want to have a paining back after even a short drive. ASpects i look here include the Shocks and the sitting position)

2. F.E (I need something that gives me something above 55 km/l consistently for atleat 2 yrs)

3. V.F.M (looking at what you get for what you pay, things that make you feel good as well as things that are good to use)

4. A.S.S (I just done want the service centre guy trying to convince me that i am imagining of an issue or the usual crap like its modern technology and thus it will have all these issues...common man i need someone who can take care of my bike and sort out issues efficiently)

5. Any other pros and cons of each of the above bikes.

I dont plan to keep this for more than 3-4 years. I saw that hunk gives you a 3 yr/40K km warrrany, Does RTR also have something simmilar?

Thanks in advance to all of you.

T-BHP ROCKS!!!
Old 11th December 2007, 15:19   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I dont plan to keep this for more than 3-4 years. I saw that hunk gives you a 3 yr/40K km warrrany, Does RTR also have something simmilar?
Selling a two wheeler is no easy job! Simply on this point alone i would suggest a HH. As a Honda would anyday hold its price well compared to TVS.

Comfort..no clue, but for all else including driving pleasure, its RTR anyday.

Elito
Old 11th December 2007, 15:36   #3
Team-BHP Support

well, all I have to go with are the various reviews in the magazines. And we all know how much to believe those

From the tone of your post, I have a feeling the Hunk (ugh) would be more suitable for you. It's a physically larger bike, hence, should be more comfortable.

But only one way to find out for sure, that is to take a test ride. And remember to post the ride review here.
Old 11th December 2007, 15:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Like Rtech I recently read a comparo between RTR & hunk & it seems Hunk fits your requirement more that the RTR.

Ona personal front the Hunk's tanbk does look attractive but I liked the rear of Xtreme better.

Go for Hunk, Thank god its not named Kareina or something
Old 11th December 2007, 16:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hero Honda's products are better than most of its competetiors. Heard that RTR gear box gives into noise in the long run after a decent cruise of KM's (Not sure ..heard from friends who own it...so cant aunthenticate)..
In my opinion Hunk is better than RTR based on the company,service,spare parts etc.
Old 11th December 2007, 18:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
1. Comfortable Ride (I dont want to have a paining back after even a short drive. ASpects i look here include the Shocks and the sitting position)
Hunk is winner here as RTR has more Sport but still comfortable sitting position
Quote:
2. F.E (I need something that gives me something above 55 km/l consistently for atleat 2 yrs)
Hunk will be winner here but BOTH WILL NOT GIVE THIS FE it will be between 50 - 55 for both but Hunk is winner because RTR is more performance oriented bike , it has Technically More CC to the engine and off course it is really fun to rip RTR !! so less FE

Quote:
3. V.F.M (looking at what you get for what you pay, things that make you feel good as well as things that are good to use)
Definately RTR is winner because for just 2.5 - 3 k extra you will get lot of goodies like digital meter, adjustable handle bar ,Petal Disk ,Led.

Resale might be low for other brands as compared to honda but dont forgrt you pay more at time of buying it ( Honda Bikes are always costly for any range )

Quote:
4. A.S.S (I just done want the service centre guy trying to convince me that i am imagining of an issue or the usual crap like its modern technology and thus it will have all these issues...common man i need someone who can take care of my bike and sort out issues efficiently)
TVS and HH are equally good at giving after sale services
Quote:
HUNK

Pros: very smooth engine , brand value , good looks and new product
Cons : not value for money , lag behind in goodies as compared to competetion

RTR

Pros: totally performance machine , Good looking , Best Handling !!

Cons : Small size .

So RTR is best choice for performance oriented needs and HUNK over all Nice product !

I hope it helps and yes I have first hand experience of both Bikes

Jatinder Singh
Old 11th December 2007, 19:42   #7
BHPian

gemithomas,
Hunk satisfies all your needs mentioned above. Though RTR offers better goodies than Hunk, I would prefer Hunk over RTR. The engine of Hunk is a gem and is better than RTR anyday.
Old 11th December 2007, 19:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the RTR is too extreme for you, why not consider the regular Apache 150 then.
Old 11th December 2007, 21:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

- Both are decent here. RTR has a sportier stance which your back should be able to support.After that it keeps back better (since its taut, no slouching unlike car).

- What?! a Fusion/Palio owner saying that?

- Both would be boss. 50k ki bike mein bacche ki jaan loge?

- HH is normally superb. TVS is decent. You can check out your nearby fellows. That is a very local thing. Crazy driver can help here.

- RTR is faster. Much more bhp. Like its farkles. Its very well eaten up cbzx sales imo. hunk hasnt realy caught on in delhi so surely rtr is doin somethin good to maintain itself

- 24 months.
TVS APACHE Review

Last edited by normally_crazy : 18th December 2007 at 23:59. Reason: Extra Smilies - Read the rules buddy - 2 smilies is the norm
Old 11th December 2007, 21:18   #10
BHPian

RTR...anytime...I know I am a TVS fan, but the Hunk is more of a tuned out Unicorn than an X-Treme.
Old 12th December 2007, 22:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot for all your comments. Just one doubt does the hunk have the same CBZ X engine? I've tries the X-treme but was not that impresed. THe Power delivery is at higher rpms and the engine knocks at every gear change unless you keep the rpms higher. I also felt that the engine was not that smooth. I mean you could really feel the metal moving inside the engine (dont know how to explain. Hope you understand). I've heard the RTR gives its power at much lower rpms
Old 13th December 2007, 00:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

If you felt that way about RTR, kindly consider p220/p200/zma

or buy a second hand TB - power from lower down. 40ish mileage and uber comfort
Old 13th December 2007, 00:31   #13
BHPian

May I suggest the Unicorn, It fulfills all your criteria.
Old 13th December 2007, 10:23   #14
BHPian

@GemiThomas: How about the price difference between the two, just to get an idea of how much of a premium HH charges.
Old 13th December 2007, 12:04   #15
BANNED

Sorry for offtopic but after riding a stock RXZ 5 speeder, felt like all these 4 stroke machines are waste of money, as a nicely maintained Kari and P180 also eat dust from that bike donno what a Porting and digital programable CDI will do to that.
My 2 cents if you are willing to spend money and wants real perfomance machine buy a 2nds RXZ and show durt to these so called perfomance big machine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks