Team-BHP - Yamaha R15 get ready india! EDIT...now launched at 97K
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Yamaha R15 get ready india! EDIT...now launched at 97K (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/33925-yamaha-r15-get-ready-india-edit-now-launched-97k.html)

150cc, 20-22bhp
- 120kgs only
- 0-60km/h in 3.0 sec
- 0-100km/h in 9 sec (The Pulsar 220 manages in around 13)
- top speed : 145km/h true, 155km/h on speedometer (The Pulsar 220 does around 133km/h true)
- fuel economy : around 35-40kmpl in city riding conditions

The bike will be called Yamaha R15. Pricing will be around 80000-85000 and will be totally worth it.

source Yamaha YZF R15
yamaha will reveal more bikes on auto show stay tuned

Is this true.......when could we see it........

yes its true and they will reveal it on auto expo

if this is true......... bye bye P220!

Wooohoooo!! Awesome. It sure is bye-bye for the 220. But I'm not convinced about the price.

Anyway, after buying the bike, remove the fairing and side body kit and make it a naked bike with a big YZF150 decal on the side. Zoom past the other higher cc bikes and see the look on the riders' face!!

Kudos Yamaha!!!

Wow.!! If its true then its gonna be a killer..

The page doesnt exist anymore so try cached link.

Sounds like total speculation to me. The R125 makes 15PS and no way you get 7 bhp from 25 cc bump....and why would they not call it an R150.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 679049)
Sounds like total speculation to me. The R125 makes 15PS and no way you get 7 bhp from 25 cc bump....and why would they not call it an R150.

Wont it be possible if its liquid cooled?

Seems it will be launched at Autoexpo.

Wowwwww, those specs looks killer.

I have been on the lookout of a good bike since a long long time. Almost zeroed on the 220 but it has many problems, was just gonna settle for a Karizma but now waiting for the expo.

Quote:

If its a V Twin then its possible to get 22bhp from the engine.

Also

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 679051)
Wont it be possible if its liquid cooled? Seems it will be launched at Autoexpo.

I switched over from Xbhp because every other month, there was news of another super new bike from Yamaha/honda/Suzuki, which never happened.:deadhorse

To be frank, I'll wait till the expo before expressing anything. These japanese giants promise loads and offer little!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 679109)
To be frank, I'll wait till the expo before expressing anything. These japanese giants promise loads and offer little!

Tell me about it. Remember the Gladiator concept and the joke of a production version?

the p220 is the ugliest, no no, fugliest bike i have ever seen!!!

hey Bunny please confirm this news bro.

Saw the same news on TV, only difference was it was 14bhp and not 20-22