Team-BHP - Gearless scooter for my dad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Gearless scooter for my dad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/34527-gearless-scooter-my-dad.html)

hello all,

im looking to buy a gearless scooter for my dad.He has sold his Bajaj scooter since its difficult to handle its weight and the ease of riding is not good for his age. The requirements would be:
1. Average of 50kms per week
2. Good mileage
3.Good after sales
4. Budget 40k-expandable

After going through a couple of reviews I have short listed Bajaj Kristal,Honda Activa & Bajaj Blade ( yet to be launched,i suppose).Could you advise me on how to proceed.

thanks.

get the honda activa and have complete peace of mind! it currently dominates the market, and has been for a few years now, just in case you dont prefer the activa go check out honda's new scooter and the kinetic sym flyte!

i wouldnt suggest any other scooters other than these!

hmmm the main drawback with activa is its inferior suspension setup which can lead to backache, esp if the road quality is not good.

would be good to look for "telescopic front suspension" - currently present on the new 125cc scooters, suzuki access and kinetic sym flyte. between these, flyte has advantages of front fueling and better value for money (4k lower price, plus all "accessories" inclusive), a toll-free CRM number, 3 year warranty, more storage and better handling.

Sathya,

My dad currently uses a Honda Active for his close-to-home trips. He has been contemplating changing it and is keen on Kinetic SYM. I had ready up a few reports and Kinetic SYM is said to be a GOOD choice. Its price at ~36K.

Activa is an amazing bike.
But the other options mentioned are lighter bikes when compared to Activa and I would suggest you should buy one of those.

The Honda activa and Kinetic SYM Flyte are both good options. You can read through this thread for more info- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...sym-flyte.html

The ungeared scooter segement is overcrowded at the moment.Dont seek furthur options and just go in for the Honda Activa. The more you contemplate the more confused you are going to get.Activa is a hassel free scooter meeting all your requirement and presently the most popular in the segment, so why think any further?

Activa is a good allrounder bike, the cons: heavy, stiff suspension!

Check out the Suzuki Access, Kinetic SYM as well.

Gone are the days of Kinetic and if am not wrong Honda Activa is most preferred ride for all . That would be a good one on comfort,mileage and the service it offers.

Go for the Suzuki Access

Kinetic Flyte sounds like a good deal, although make sure the service in your area is good. Kinetics also tend to have some quality problems for some models.
Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 695999)
Go for the Suzuki Access

Access seems to be getting really popular. Seeing quite a few of them around these days.

Go in for the Suzuki Access, you wont regret your decision in the long run. The quality of plastics, paint, suspensions and off course the Engine is well known with Suzuki.I have bought it last month and am really happy with it. Its returning an average of 47 kmpl to a litre. The Sym flyte is a good product too but i personally feel the quality of plastics and the overall look could have been enhanced, My 2 cents, no wars PLEASE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 (Post 695389)
hello all,
im looking to buy a gearless scooter for my dad.He has sold his Bajaj scooter since its difficult to handle its weight and the ease of riding is not good for his age. The requirements would be:
1. Average of 50kms per week
2. Good mileage
3.Good after sales
4. Budget 40k-expandable
After going through a couple of reviews I have short listed Bajaj Kristal,Honda Activa & Bajaj Blade

First of all never buy Bajaj scoots in the first year of production. I have suffered with the Wave.

I think what your dad needs is a Scooty Pep+. Its featherweight and the most maneuverable of them all. Pretty much meets all your criteria.

hello guys,

thanks for your valuable inputs.Since the vehicle will be driven only by my father(he's 58) pick-up,acceleration are not on fore-most criterion. After reading through your suggestios and other reviews we are trying to zero-in on either activa or flyte, but not able to decide which one to go for.Which would be a better option in terms of mileage and after sales service(in CHENNAI).Are kinetic really good in making scooters compared to Honda?

hi sathya i am a flyte owner and recommend it highly
the flyte is a much better scooter than activa.
many advantages. have been telling so many people and also writing here, too bored now to list them again.
suggest u check out and take a test ride of the flyte and you will see for yourself...