Team-BHP - My 180 which was a 150 once!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   My 180 which was a 150 once! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/3502-my-180-150-once.html)

hey guys wassup!!
few months bck my bike was a 150!
yea it was and now its a 180!....yep a 180!
....its almost 3 years now wud be 3 on march 2nd(its a march 2002 model notice the engine no stickering bajaj is embossed on the clutch cover)......as uall knw i already hv the 1 down 4 up config on the 150 and also the 180 carb....last year i got the pulsar work shop manual and spare parts catalogue.....read thru it...well astonishingly in the classic pulsars there are not man y parts in the engine which are different and wtever parts were different were bolt on replacements.........so i had this weird idea of converting it to a 180 and besides i was kinda bored and needed a bit more power,also did not wanna sell my ride for something new as theres harldly anything available in the market worthy enought to buy other than the comet......well i read the manual care fully and put this idea of mine foraward to my mech.....the same guy who did my gears and stuff......at first he said no a lot of hassle and stuff ...he said instead get ur clutch system modified to a 6 clutch plate system as on 180 it will affect ur power transmission so i agreed...upgraded tht the powere transmission was certainly much much better gettin wheel spins at take off almost all times but after 2 -3 weeks i wasnt satisfied tole him again i wanna try the 180 thing done.......told him wt parts need to be chngd sat down with him discussed and we came up with a list of wt all needs to be chngd....the parts which were chngd......block/piston,head,valves,crank,gaskets/packing kit and cdi.....got him all the parts......blck piston costed me 1700....head 1350.....valves 250...packing kit 250...crank 2300..and cdi 700...he started work on my bike and gv my 180 was up in 2 days we were in doubt if it wud work or knw after pendin so much was a bit worried finally the moment to start up the bike....well the bike didnt start up for 1 hour man tht really scared me tht was the first time i tried mak 4t........the bike finally started up but it was very stiff it was like someone had applied glue on the cylider walls......well after the first 100 km it became smoother...and now i hv completed 1500 km on it hv plans to run it properly till 4 or 5 k...also hv the sigma bc 800...its helping me a lot with my run in data.........well it was a stock 150 once and now wellu hv it in frnt of u.....well i did this coz i absolutely love it and di nt wanna sell it off...the only differnce now it tht my 150 has a 36T first gear in the engine and stock 180's hv 38T ths it...nothin else had to be chngd....also yea got a nice chain cover made frm the original dtsi cover got it cut and powder coated.....well ill post the pic my bike a yearand a half ago well alot has been chngd since then but i fell all the chngs are worthy upgrades and wudnt call it modification but instead an upgrade coz it still is a stock 180! and yea all parts are original no dup stuff for my bike man!

well to sum it up upgrades done on the bike to date.........cbz shocks,100/90 dunlops on 180 rims,dtsi swing arm and tail light unit,dtsi fairing,gear config,carb,clutch,engine,cdi,silencer,chain cover,sigma speedo and yea yamaha enticer rear foot rests........and yea i had completed 28k kms on my 150 engine no probs wt so ever.[:)]

p.s btw gettin a mileage figure of 42kmpl,2 services done and one more thing NO KNOCKING! wtsoever which was an unseperable part of the 150........boy am i happy to ride my bike now...enuff of reading guys
the only thing remaining now is a digital cdi which i think ill be gettin one from rash(RDDREAMS) if the cdi has finished its trial and error.
the pics.............sorry for small pics clicked it frm my handy cam will put better quality pics later.

my bike as it was before bone stock 150!

my bike now!!

DT marks a 180 block piston

previous engines with no sticker bajaj embossed

half cahin cover made by cutting original dtsi chain cover,its powder coated!

the manuals

Wowowowow cool stuff man!! Geat job well done!!

awesome dude....keep it up!!!

good work man.

how abt an expansion chamberand a a k&n for ur 150 :confused: 180 :confused:

dude, expansion chamber for a 4 stroke , thats a joke rT? they dont work on 4 strokes

Quote:

well to sum it up upgrades done on the bike to date.........cbz shocks,100/90 dunlops on 180 rims,dtsi swing arm and tail light unit,dtsi fairing,gear config,carb,clutch,engine,cdi,silencer,chain cover,sigma speedo and yea yamaha enticer rear foot rests........and yea i had completed 28k kms on my 150 engine no probs wt so ever.
Amazing stuf koolsun! Saved a bucketload of money if you were to sell your 150 and get a 180! Plus, I bet this was more fun as well.

Tell me something, what was needed to install the DTSi swingarm on your bike? I plan on doing the same to my 180. And how much did it cost?

Also, how are the CBZ shocks? Its time to replace mine and I was thinking about what to get. The OE shocks are quite terrible, so I was thinking of the new ones they got on the Pulsars now? What's your opinion?

thnx guys!he he yea expansion chambers do not work on 4strks,i am thinkin of a non restrictive calculated end pipe,calculated according to the ports and a digital cdi tht shud light up things a bit!

:confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
good work man.

how abt an expansion chamberand a a k&n for ur 150 :confused: 180 :confused:

:confused: :confused:
can u pls explain y????????
i dont think there is nothing like fitting in a 4-stroke /2-stroke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtech
I bet this was more fun as well.

yea rtech u bet it was fun.
yea i think u shud upgrade to the dtsi swing arm just bcoz its more sturdy and gvs a good ride and high speed stability,the swing arm alone costs 470 bucks if i am not mistaken,u will also need the axle for the wheel(its longer),chain tensioners,new bushes for pivot of the swing arm and yea a longer 122 links chain of the dtsi,
it shudnt cost u more than 800 900 bucks and yea the rear mud flap of the classics comes in the way of the extended set up so mite hv to chng tht as well.
....and yea for the suspension cbz shocks are aa dream,well i hv heard the new pulsar nitrox gas shocks are good but i hvnt tried them never ridden the new dtsi so dont knw much,ill let u knw bout it soon,cbz shocks a year and a half bck costed 850 for one, original mrp so 1700 for the pair,but they are worth it,hey i think i hv seen ur bike around worli sea face on saturdays,isnt it black with red shocks and all indicators glowing?we are at worli usually on sat with a yellow rd 350 if u hv ever seen it around.

Thanks for the info koolsun!

Yes, the all black pulsar is mine. Not seen a yellow RD, but will surely keep an eye out if I'm there tonight.

kool if u are lets see if i cud come there wt time? i mite be there by 10.30-11

hey koolsun216, could u let me know bout the end pipe ur using and whether ur looking at a performance header setup.

yea i mite go in for performance header not now though later,theres a guy very knowledgeable,has all the correct tools,works on rd's and 2 strokes also the 4 strokes in malad,his name is tony,donno if uall hv heard of him but he will match the head ports to the calculated tune length of the silencer(stock) to get the optimum performace out of the engine,tony has his own workplace called the tony tech works(ttw) at marve rd malad.

yea one more thing i wud like to thank my mech reddy and jana who hv helped me make this possible,they are trained to work on pulsars,thnx guys.their workshop is in goregaon.

Great job koolsun.Very well done.