Team-BHP - Police Cameras in Bombay!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Police Cameras in Bombay!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/35637-police-cameras-bombay.html)

Guys,

Beware of how you ride/drive(in Bombay atleast). A few days back my cousin received a note from the traffic cops at home saying that he was caught riding without his helmet somewhere and had to go to some place in Worli to pay a fine of Rs.100. The incident happened around 6-7 days before he received that note. The note had the bikes registration details.

When he went to Worli to pay that fine, the 'hawaldar' there offered to show him how this system works but he refused to wait as he was in a hurry to go somewhere(damn!). It would have been good to know how it works. Just going that far to pay that fine probably cost Rs.100 worth of fuel! What this means is that you cannot bribe the idiots anymore and get away with things.

Now, this is what came to my mind. What about the people who are riding/driving vehicles not registered in their name?? If they get caught on camera and the cops start looking up that number plate and it turns out to be one these grey market Superbikes or Sportscars, they're going to be looking for a non-existant or wrong person/address. This means that the DRI could come into the picture again :Frustrati. So anyone with such vehicles better watch the way you ride/drive!

If any of you have heard of or know such victims caught with this method, please post. I wonder if they can catch someone not wearing a seatbelt :).

Hey thats a good move. Now the cops in bangalore should get some.

in jp nagar banglore there is such a camera at a busy junction. its connected to the traffic lights in such a way that the camera starts taking pics about 10 seconds before the signal turns green and 10 seconds after it turns red. so anyone jumping the signal will be caught in the act. the camera is positioned quite well to catch the plates clearly. after dark one can see the big bright flash bulb going off. its a sight to see!!

sounds good.
Its done in hyderabad too, but then cops have been given some P&S camera's to snap the offender, coz most people after getting the challan say they are being falsely implicated..

A great step forward that will solve one of India's most significant enforcement problems = Corruption! You can bribe a hawaldar, not a camera.

Due to a recent traffic incident at Vikhroli, Mumbai.. where a biker who jumped the signal lost control of his bike because apparently and hiding cop suddenly appeared and supposedly threw a stick or helmet at him. The biker lost his life.
Due to this the traffic police have taken a step to video shoot offenders so that they have proof of the offence and arent brought into bad light by the media and the public.

camera's here in Bangalore also. Last week, waiting at one of the signals at JP nagar, I noticed quiet a number of flashes!

Seems like people like being photographed in public!

Yea ! I think the traffic department in every major city is going high tech. For the sake of argument , lets say you jump a signal so you get any challans on such acts. I fail to understand whether they reach the destination as many would not have updated the addresses in their respective RTO's. So how do they deal with such an issue?

Yea you guessed it right, i need to update my address for sure and how about you :D ?

something similar had happened in hyderabad, 2 guys on a bike no helmet, cop went after them, seeing that they zoomed, but in the scuffle lost track and hit a tree...the guy driving died the pillion suffered severe injuries & the police guys, instead of helping them to a hospital ran into the pubic toilet to hide as they didnt want to be blamed..

Quote:

Originally Posted by gendarmee (Post 725188)
something similar had happened in hyderabad, 2 guys on a bike no helmet, cop went after them, seeing that they zoomed, but in the scuffle lost track and hit a tree...the guy driving died the pillion suffered severe injuries & the police guys, instead of helping them to a hospital ran into the pubic toilet to hide as they didnt want to be blamed..

Thats an unfortunate accident to happen in such a tame way and cant figure why does not cops be humans first in such cases :Frustrati. oh yes ! i know that they will be blamed but again its a life we are talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK (Post 725218)
Thats an unfortunate accident to happen in such a tame way and cant figure why does not cops be humans first in such cases :Frustrati. oh yes ! i know that they will be blamed but again its a life we are talking about.

Instead of blaming the cops, all of us have to think in a different angle as rules are afterall framed for our own benefit, wearing a helmet after all is not that bad, even though it may be uncomfortable in summers.

But in case you do not wear a helmet and get caught in a case of hit, then the helmet could save you instead of opening a new twist to the entire case in court..

SO PLEASE WEAR HELMETS AND BE SAFE BOTH FROM HEAVEN AND FROM THE LAW

clap:

Yea Priyank, ofcourse one should wear helmets and yea its unfortunate that people neglect a simple precautionary measure for the sake of discomfort costing their lives. Regarding the above incident i voiced my concern about those cops chasing them, on attending to the guys who had a crash, as life is valuable and yes @ the first place the rider itself is @ fault for not wearing the helmet and also speeding.Still that guy could have been saved.

not wearing a helmet is a crime. it is for the riders safety, after all! and with the crazy traffic that is there, the helmet is one of the best safety equipments!

the policeman is at fault for not taking them to the hospital, but looking at the other side, these two were heading towards disaster by not wearing a helmet! guess both parties are to blame, but at the end, a life was lost! :-(

The cops should be murdered for doing something like that. No matter what happens, they cannot throw things at a rider unless the rider tried to attack them or something. I remember a similar thing happened at bandra reclamation and the rider died because the cop hit him on the arm with his stick and he crashed.

I hope India does not go the way UK has.. Feels like totalitarian state with cameras at all the signals/junctions and even on country roads.