Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2011, 01:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Can we transplant a liquid cooled Lombardini Diesel engine in a RE bullet?

25hp v-twin diesel engine products, buy 25hp v-twin diesel engine products from alibaba.com

25hp v-twin diesel engine Sales, Buy 25hp v-twin diesel engine Products from alibaba.com

Has anyone thought of installing in a bullet, a Chinese V-twin Diesel 870 cc 25 HP engine. It costs ($850) approx Rs 38,000, Shanghai port duty price inclusive. I wonder what custom duty it will incur. This engine is used for bikes, ATV's, lawnmovers and water pumps. I wonder if a farmer imports it for agriclutural purposes, will the customs be lower? I like them for 2 reasons because the twin exhaust note of a vtwin rocks and height wise it's smaller than the enfield 350 engine. There are lots of diesel vtwins on the 'alibaba' website, has anyone any experience in buying anything on alibaba from China? I recently saw a thunderbird in Vellore, Tamil Nadu with a diesel vtwin, I couldn't catch up with him, pretty fast man, now I'm all fired up. look at the link above and ponder...
Old 24th July 2011, 21:21   #32
BHPian

Re: Can we transplant a liquid cooled Lombardini Diesel engine in a RE bullet?

Quote:
.. like them for 2 reasons because the twin exhaust note of a vtwin rocks and height wise it's smaller than the enfield 350 engine. ...
Not best of reasons for choosing a diesel in the first place . Though spec figures are excusable, 60Kg wt is something to be counted. this forum have had a few people who wanted to do such conversion, iirc someone even bought a diesel bike to start with but none seemed to proceed. May be conversions with general use engines are nice to see, less to ride.

Hope you get to track that diesel T'bird sooner & give us an update with pics, it'll inspire few more diesel builds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks