Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2008, 17:24   #1
BHPian

Proton Performance Exhaust Help

Bike Gurus I have a Proton Expansion Chamber Silencer for Rx135....Can anyone tell me what Powrband (RPM Range) this Expansion Chamber Supports ???....Because Accordingly I have to Port My Bike....A mechanic claimed that Proton Exhaust is designed for Racing Purpose.....But Still can anyone tel me which rpm will it support.....Bottom End(3-6000rpm),Mid Range(5-8000rpm) or Top End(7-10,000rpm)

One more thing This Silencer is for Rx135 4speed and needs a connecting pipe (its not a complete silencer as that Proton for rx 135 5 speed)

This is the Image of the Silencer

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/327/photo0000yb5.jpg
Old 10th March 2008, 23:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

The performing range of the chamber depends on this dimensions. Proton makes chambers for all ranges. I have personally seen it. I am not able to make out from the image the range. But what I can say is that the one I had which was a low end one for city use was shorter than the one I see in the image.

Best method is to drive and test for yourself.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 10th March 2008 at 23:33.
Old 11th March 2008, 00:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
The performing range of the chamber depends on this dimensions. Proton makes chambers for all ranges. I have personally seen it. I am not able to make out from the image the range. But what I can say is that the one I had which was a low end one for city use was shorter than the one I see in the image.

Best method is to drive and test for yourself.
Thanks for the Reply......Anyways I have ported the block more than a 5speed block and silencer is supporting a sweet mid-top range of 6000-8000rpm...Bike has toppled a speed of 120kmph with ease....Now planning to screw up this spare block by port it further but Have to follow the Trial 'N' Error System.....cheers:
Old 11th March 2008, 11:14   #4
BHPian

i would suggest if you want serious power from your machine, you would need to go for customized chambers. Protons arent that good for making power i believe.. get custom porting as per what kind of power you want and can handle and get the chamber designed for it accordingly to justify the porting.
Old 11th March 2008, 15:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Here's the one I had on my 4-speed 135. I sold it after 3 months of use because it was meant for the 100 but I didnt know that when I bought it. But even though it was meant for the bike it gave good performance in the mid to high revs. It also got pretty noisy compared to when it was new, after 2 months of use. Oh, I also have a K&N filter installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Proton Performance Exhaust Help-dsc00300.jpg  

Last edited by straight6 : 11th March 2008 at 15:14.
Old 13th February 2012, 23:43   #6
BHPian

Re: Proton Performance Exhaust Help

Hello straight6.

I was the one who picked up your proton from your mech back in 2008 for Gordon. Its now on my RX100 and the muffler is dented. I was hoping if you could help me out as to where I could get a new one.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks