Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 12:48   #1
BHPian

Modifications for Bajaj Kawasaki Caliber 100CC

Hi all

I have a Bajaj Kawasaki Caliber - 2000 model, must have clocked more than 60k on the odo and its still in perfect running condition. It gets its due servicing once every two or three months and comfortably takes me around the city.

Now, I want to give it a new look, change a few things to mod its look and performance. Can you please suggest as to
1. What all can be done
2. Where can I get it done in Bangalore
3. How much its gonna cost me

I dont want to spend too much as the bike is AP registered and I have not transferred it to Karnataka. And, being in the IT sector I may be relocating to any part of India anytime..

thanks
Satish
Old 12th March 2008, 14:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Firstly you need to tel what all changes do you want I am assuming that you are looking for visual mods:

These are few that come to my Mind:

- XCD\Platina headlight
- XCD digi console or may the Pulsars with the head light assembly
- Alloy wheels(will be expensive as lot of things need to be changed)
- Gas shocks or SNS shocks(preferable) from Platina\Discover to improve ride

As for performance keep it stock. Thats the best state for it.

You can go for Auto Service in Baneshree(not sure if I spelled it correctly) in Bangalore
Old 12th March 2008, 14:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Firstly you need to tel what all changes do you want I am assuming that you are looking for visual mods:

These are few that come to my Mind:

- XCD\Platina headlight
- XCD digi console or may the Pulsars with the head light assembly
- Alloy wheels(will be expensive as lot of things need to be changed)
- Gas shocks or SNS shocks(preferable) from Platina\Discover to improve ride

You can go for Auto Service in Baneshree(not sure if I spelled it correctly) in Bangalore
Thats 2k + 2k + 8k + 2k = 14k approx for just the stuff.

I would sell the caliber and put 20k extra and get a new bike.
Old 12th March 2008, 14:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

JK I have just only suggested what all can be done

But Yes buying a new bike specially since the new gen Bajaj bikes have good compromise of Power+mileage makes more sense.

JK: Putting alloys will be much more expensive(if he going for original ones) since Swingarm will need to be changed which means changing Chain sprocket etc etc
Old 12th March 2008, 15:25   #5
BANNED

Contact Venugopal he is the guy for four stroke engine modifications, very good in over bored engines.
Old 12th March 2008, 16:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JK I have just only suggested what all can be done

But Yes buying a new bike specially since the new gen Bajaj bikes have good compromise of Power+mileage makes more sense.

JK: Putting alloys will be much more expensive(if he going for original ones) since Swingarm will need to be changed which means changing Chain sprocket etc etc
I know pal. I was wondering if its worth and hence made a calculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Contact Venugopal he is the guy for four stroke engine modifications, very good in over bored engines.
He sure is.

Maybe sathish can start with adding an air filter and bigger jets.
Old 13th March 2008, 11:41   #7
BHPian

I guess I should list out why I am thinking of making any changes to my bike:
1. I am bored of riding the same bike for 8yrs+, and my bike riding now doesn't justify a new bike
2. I feel the power is very less
3. I am bored of the looks of the bike and I want to give it a different look
Old 13th March 2008, 12:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

ok so whats your budget & what all seems feasible from the list that I gave?
Old 13th March 2008, 18:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

@jvsatish Well buddy no offence but getting a new vehicle would better suit your needs. As i noted you had told your bored of riding it and wanted a change as its been with you for 8 years or so.

Well that was one opinion but its your bike so here we go.
There was this bike in mlr which had some mods done on it. It was a caliber and am talking of the 2001-02 time while i was there. He had put on a bigger fuel tank and sporty handles to it. You can also try dual headlights for the MI2 look.
Talking of exhausts you can use those bigger once but it will make one hell of a noise or sound(which ever you wanna call the sound). Those help you perform better though.
Try changing the speedo and also try for some nice paint job. You can go for good designs rather than the plain one.
Get yourself a nice helmet which could come for around 1-2k and always strap it on while riding. Helmet designs also can be altered for your fav look.
Cheers ride safe
Old 12th May 2008, 03:59   #10
BHPian

I was thinking of doing some mods to my Caliber to increase its performance only, I quite like the way it looks . The performance mods I am thinking about at this moment are

1. K&N air filter.
2. A Less restrictive exhaust.
3. A box section swing arm which is lighter than the one I have now.
4. More grippy tyres( preferably soft compound , I don't ride too much, since 1999 the bike has only done 17K).
5. Bigger carb like the one used in the hoodibaba 115cc Caliber

Budget- Student shoestring budget 5K only. Also can someone please also tell me about where I can get all the above done in Delhi.
Old 14th May 2008, 04:14   #11
BHPian

No reply till now. Why ? Can't we have any mods done to a humble 111.6 cc bike ? What is the difference( engine+tranny wise) between the 7.7 bhp version of the caliber and the 9.5 bhp hoodibaba version of the same ?

Last edited by revvedup : 14th May 2008 at 04:19.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:32   #12
BHPian

The best thing you can do with a Caliber is-throw it away or sell it.I owned one and I have known no other bike as damned as Caliber.The only plus points are (THEN)good styling and powerful headlight.Minus points-everything else.
Old 27th May 2008, 00:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
The best thing you can do with a Caliber is-throw it away or sell it.I owned one and I have known no other bike as damned as Caliber.The only plus points are (THEN)good styling and powerful headlight.Minus points-everything else.
That's a very pessimistic view my friend , negatives and one shogun aside the caliber was indeed the best 111.6CC cc steed money could buy in those days.
Eagerly awaiting some inputs, bike gurus
Old 27th May 2008, 22:21   #14
BHPian

Views happen to be optimistic when bikes are good only,my friend.And please don't never ever compare the 14BHP shogun to the puny Caliber-both are miles apart
Old 29th May 2008, 23:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsatish View Post
Hi all

I have a Bajaj Kawasaki Caliber - 2000 model, must have clocked more than 60k on the odo and its still in perfect running condition. It gets its due servicing once every two or three months and comfortably takes me around the city.

Now, I want to give it a new look, change a few things to mod its look and performance. Can you please suggest as to
1. What all can be done
2. Where can I get it done in Bangalore
3. How much its gonna cost me
We bought caliber in Feb 1999 and I think that it was fourth caliber in Vadodara. The bike is great and I almost had tears when i had to give for exchange offer to get Zeus.

First of all, All the calibers including caliber 115 are 111.63 cc with boreXstroke dimesnions as 53X50.6 and not 100cc as you have told.

About the performance modifications, leave it to stock and enjoy the torque.

Looks: Before changing to Zeus, I went to Bajaj dealer to get new rear swingarm section, and making the conversions to make the bike like Caliber 115. Remember that both the engines share the same engine dimensions.
The total cost told to me was 15K including rear subframe.
Didnt go for it as already the caliber had done more than 88K.

However if you are really keen on doing this then:
1) Headlight from platina ( platina is based on Wind 125, which was a better caliber )
2) SNS suspension rear shocks. They fit into the oldest caliber and do a great job. I have myself helped my friend to do this. It will give much better ride quality than what you are having and the looks will also change for the better.
3) if budget allows, go for alloy wheels. But I am against it personally as the bike has already done 60K.

Quote:
Perfectly right. CAliber is a machine to ride gracefully with great torque.

On a personal note, I believe that changing any thing on Caliber except the headlamp bulb and rear suspension to SNS shocks will do caliber no good. Riding it gracefully and enjoying the torque is the best part of the bike.
I managed to run 55/60W Philips Halogen with stock connector and wiring for more than one year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks