Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2008, 19:27   #1
BHPian

Honda Shine or Yamaha Gladiator SS?? i'm confused :(

Hi,

i'm planning to gift my dad a 125cc bike with decent pickup, mileage, and handling. My dad and I narrowed down on Honda Shine and I even booked a black one last week. A couple of days ago I saw this new Yamaha Gladiator SS (sports!) on TV and my dad wanted to test drive this new Glady. My dad and I were thoroughly impressed by the new Glady SS looks, and we did a TD. I felt that the pick up of this Glady is slightly lower than Shine, but revs happily without vibrations even at 70kmph (cudn't do more than that :( ). We started to like the Glady more than Shine.....

NOWWW we are in a dilemma whether to go for Glady or stick to Shine! Some say Yamaha might close their shops and some say that Yamaha A.S.S sucks (even Honda A.S.S sucks in my opinion). My friend who has a glady J.A model says that he's happy with the bike's performance but for the mileage (52kmpl).

Could you ppl pull me out of this dilemma? Thanks in advance!

Giga
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its for your dad right? go for the shine, its a good balance of style for both the youngsters and elders.

Also the shine has good FE numbers and has a consistency in FE. Also shine has better resale value than the Gladiator.

Also research about different dealers' service centers, few do give good service.(atleast in hyderabad) Also PM rider60, he might give you some insight on how to deal with these dealer service centers. Also do contact the chennai boys for the right dealer.

Do post in some bike forums too to get an opinion on choosing the dealer.

raj.
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:42   #3
BHPian

I'm basically a Honda fan..and I already own a Unicorn! The service is very bad from the dealer(s), and I have no clue about Yamaha service. I heard that Honda Shine kinda vibrates if the speed crosses 60 kmph...is that true? Also many claim that Glady will not vibrate since it has a 5th gear to match the higher speeds.

If shine and Glady owners can comment ..I can at least make the choices well :P

giga
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

yaar like i said sometime back on xbhp, its like this:
if you want power/economy PLEASE take unicorn. unbeatable engine/bike/frugality beyond belief. And HMSI trumps Yammie at the moment in service network.

If you want a truly frugal bike, then Shine does the job.

Either ways, Honda all the way.

PS: I'm a bajaj aficianado and think the Discover 135 rocks, but for your dad, I would suggest the peace of mind from HMSI anyday.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:01   #5
BHPian

Cool, thanks! My dad and I are going for Honda Shine... no frills One thing my dad hates (even me) is the treatment at the Honda dealer..these ppl are very naive and don't know how to take care of their customers and prospective buyers. This is a stark contrast to the treatment that you get at a Hero Honda dealer near my house...very professional and you get immediate attention as soon as you step in!
Old 24th March 2008, 11:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Cool, thanks! My dad and I are going for Honda Shine... no frills One thing my dad hates (even me) is the treatment at the Honda dealer..these ppl are very naive and don't know how to take care of their customers and prospective buyers. This is a stark contrast to the treatment that you get at a Hero Honda dealer near my house...very professional and you get immediate attention as soon as you step in!
Yeah, Honda service often leaves very bitter taste in mouth. I have complained to Honda through their site - but I don't think anyone is listening there! You can lodge a compliant with all the details. Maybe these dealers need some shock -- only if Honda is willing to do that!
Old 24th March 2008, 14:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Yeah, Honda service often leaves very bitter taste in mouth. I have complained to Honda through their site - but I don't think anyone is listening there! You can lodge a compliant with all the details. Maybe these dealers need some shock -- only if Honda is willing to do that!
They will never learn I guess...this is my second Honda...prev bought a Unicorn from the same dealer a couple of years back, and tis the same ppl and attitude that hasn't changed even to the slightest degree. The product is so good that it sells for itself I guess! Once, when I left my Unicorn for service, they did a waterwash and didn't even bother to remove the tank bag before the wash ...heights of callousness!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks