Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 12:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Look on the brighter side. Its going to be replaced by a bigger bike for sure .
Old 14th February 2010, 15:53   #62
Team-BHP Support

You look sad man:(
understand your feelings, but as straight6 said, a screaming inline will bring a bigger smile
Cheers
Old 14th February 2010, 17:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nitin, Sorry to hear that you had to part with the beautiful SV.Sometimes one does need to take practical decisions (for a while). Will look forward to a thread on the new bike soon.
Old 14th February 2010, 22:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Look on the brighter side. Its going to be replaced by a bigger bike for sure .
You bet! I won't stay off a bike for long.Something much better is in store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You look sad man:(
understand your feelings, but as straight6 said, a screaming inline will bring a bigger smile
Cheers
Sure, I felt like I was parting with a part of my soul.Decided to take a few pics before the beauty left my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Nitin, Sorry to hear that you had to part with the beautiful SV.Sometimes one does need to take practical decisions (for a while). Will look forward to a thread on the new bike soon.
Thanks,Sammy.Indeed, practicality does take a spot in all our lives, and the indulgence has to end sometimes.None-the-less,things will go full circle and we'll get the chance to indulge again.
Old 14th February 2010, 23:38   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Sold my bike today.Call it family issues, call it what ever you want.
I had this hunch when I saw the thread pop up in the motorbikes section. There's more to life beyond anything automobile, let alone a luxury motorcycle.

Quote:
A lady biker bought the SV today,and I can't express how empty the garage feels now.I was always used to the yellow bike between the Lancer & the 3,but now all I see is the garage floor.
I know that feeling man, those three weeks without a bike between the Thunderace and the 954 were anxious, frustrating, sad, etc.

Quote:
With a 3 month old daughter,
That is super news Nitin, Congratulations mate. Out of the little experience of being around kids (my niece and nephews), your little angel is going to keep you very occupied and entertained for you to miss anything in the world post a few days.
Keep us posted on the plans for the next acquisition though.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 14th February 2010 at 23:41.
Old 16th February 2010, 04:00   #66
Senior - BHPian

Definitely, paaji. Will surely have a thread (when, God alone knows) for the new set of wheels!
The lil one's keeping us busy,and its just on and off when the throught arises that the bike's in different hands now.
Odd thing,fellow BHPian Srini send me a PM saying that we should go on a ride together when he's in town.Darn! No bike now!
Old 16th February 2010, 09:27   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Definitely, paaji. Will surely have a thread (when, God alone knows) for the new set of wheels!
The lil one's keeping us busy,and its just on and off when the throught arises that the bike's in different hands now.
Odd thing,fellow BHPian Srini send me a PM saying that we should go on a ride together when he's in town.Darn! No bike now!
Hey Nitin,

Why dont you continue your love for bikes, one weekend at a time by renting? There should be several bike rental shops in Houston. I know for sure you can rent any Harley. Since you already have a MC license, it should be no problem for you. And the cost is reasonable too.

So when Srini visits, you can have a shiny new ride with you as well
Old 16th February 2010, 10:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Advance congratulations!!!
For a new bike ofcourse man - cheer up
Old 16th February 2010, 23:56   #69
Senior - BHPian

Good point,gthang.Will look into it.Been considering riding a Nightrod for a long time, this might just be the chance!

aargee,the 'sulking away' phase is over. You guys have pepped me up alright, and now I've left the sentiments behind!

Looking forward to the wind in my face now! Heeeeehaaawww!!!
Old 17th February 2010, 03:31   #70
BANNED

Nitin,
Have you seen the Dodge Charger ad?
I have convinced people around me - that parting with riding will cause me severe stress, mental anguish, leading to tumors in the brain immediately.
Constantly talk about people who die of nasty diseases without doing the things they love to do. Talk about dying every day in a car for the fear of dying one day on a bike (which only happens to drunk kids, BTW). So, when I act crazy nuts at home, my kids & wife go "why is he being very angry, maybe he should go riding for a couple days". When that happens you know for sure, that no force can part you and your ride.

I hear you, its not easy, talking to new moms. Get your kids and their friends to rally for you, take them on short rides around the block. Collect brownie points, ask your wife to go out to the movies with other girls,etc,etc. Now that you had to sell the bike, organize a funeral service at home, print pics of your bike, hang a garland, be dejected, shed a tear or two, I think I have a million more.

Post processing: I now hope my wife will never see this post.

Last edited by prasadee : 17th February 2010 at 03:33.
Old 17th February 2010, 04:11   #71
Senior - BHPian

hahaha...good one Prasad.Point noted!

I took the decision due to lack of time to spend with the yellow 'beauty', since right now the lil munchkin's taking all my time. No worries, I'll give it a while and once the lil one has more company to be with, I'll hit the roads.
Old 17th February 2010, 04:17   #72
BANNED

Quote:
I took the decision due to lack of time to spend with the yellow 'beauty', since right now the lil munchkin's taking all my time.
Congrats on being a dad, have fun with the little one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks