Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:58   #16
BHPian

Pictures

* 1997 Yezdi Roadking
* Restored to "original" look & first oversize bore, by previous owner
* Rear brake had the Kinetic cable mechanism; now altered to use a steel rod.
* Pleasure to ride.
Check out some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Where can I find a Yezdi Roadking?-1.jpg  

Where can I find a Yezdi Roadking?-2.jpg  

Where can I find a Yezdi Roadking?-3.jpg  

Where can I find a Yezdi Roadking?-4.jpg  

Where can I find a Yezdi Roadking?-5.jpg  

Old 14th August 2008, 14:22   #17
BHPian

Cool Bike... looks like a new one
Old 17th September 2008, 11:34   #18
BHPian

Hi Guys!

I'm also looking for Yezdi(Karnataka Registration). Can any one help me!

cheers
Old 18th September 2008, 14:06   #19
NitinGirish

I am looking for an Yezdi too. More importantly, where can I find a reliable mechanic in Bengaluru for Yezdi?

How would you compare the ease of handling/manvouerability (did I get the spelling right) Vs. RX100? Do you think somebody with a rather weak lower back (like me) can ride it without any hassels?

Old 18th September 2008, 16:02   #20
BHPian

Hi, the roadking looks gorgeous. At point we had 2 yezdi's at home, My dad and mine. We sold both as we were shifting to Hyderabad. If only i could lay my hands on yezdi now. After riding them i just can't stand any of these current gen bikes.
Old 18th September 2008, 19:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

I might be sound dumb here, can any one please post the technical specifications of this bike?

@Shapra, the bike does look like a new one. As I am not sure of the classic value of this bike, If the bike is in good condition, I would definitely pay the price you have paid. But bikes such as these are a bit old and might come up with little trouble, i would like to involve myself in a restoration project to troubleshoot if required.

How is the reliability of the Yezdi Road king and "what are the FE figures?" and what is the fuel tank capacity?

Can anyone please also list the common troubles/problems with the Road king?
Old 6th October 2008, 19:23   #22
BHPian

Apologies for the late reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzrox View Post
Cool Bike... looks like a new one
Thanks, vinzrox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
I'm also looking for Yezdi(Karnataka Registration). Can any one help me!
cheers
Lancer, I see some increased interest in these bikes. You can hear a Roadking every now and then on the road. Your best bet is to tap the well known mechanics (Like Razack's HMS Garage in ShivajiNagar or Addu Bhai in Maruti Seva Nagar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
I am looking for an Yezdi too. More importantly, where can I find a reliable mechanic in Bengaluru for Yezdi?

How would you compare the ease of handling/manvouerability (did I get the spelling right) Vs. RX100? Do you think somebody with a rather weak lower back (like me) can ride it without any hassels?
For the first part, please see previous reply. Handling is definitely different. You may have trouble getting the bike on it's center stand. If you can get by with the side stand, you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi, the roadking looks gorgeous. At point we had 2 yezdi's at home, My dad and mine. We sold both as we were shifting to Hyderabad. If only i could lay my hands on yezdi now. After riding them i just can't stand any of these current gen bikes.
Thanks, Pradeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I might be sound dumb here, can any one please post the technical specifications of this bike?

@Shapra, the bike does look like a new one. As I am not sure of the classic value of this bike, If the bike is in good condition, I would definitely pay the price you have paid. But bikes such as these are a bit old and might come up with little trouble, i would like to involve myself in a restoration project to troubleshoot if required.

How is the reliability of the Yezdi Road king and "what are the FE figures?" and what is the fuel tank capacity?

For brief specs, please see IDEAL JAWA ( INDIA ) LIMITED . If you want a project bike, you might be able to pick up something for under 10k. You can get it painted, chrome'd, you get sticker sets too. Mine was restored pretty well, so I didnt mind the 3-4k premium. I was not able to afford the time to do or oversee the restoration mysef. So I bought one readymade

I have taken this bike on 70-80 km rides and in rain. No issues. I am planning a solo ride to Mysore.

FE is about 30kmpl and the tank might take 12 litres. 40ml oil per litre reccomended.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:45   #23
BHPian

Lancer, I see some increased interest in these bikes. You can hear a Roadking every now and then on the road. Your best bet is to tap the well known mechanics (Like Razack's HMS Garage in ShivajiNagar or Addu Bhai in Maruti Seva Nagar).

thanks for the reply. Do you have their contact no/address?
Old 7th October 2008, 17:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post

thanks for the reply. Do you have their contact no/address?
Please check your Private Messages.
Old 10th October 2008, 03:40   #25
BHPian

Shapra: First of all congrats. This is surely a neat bike. Let me tell you 19k is quite a decent price to pay for such a bike and trust me it is very difficult to get RKs running 1st oversize. RK prices have shot up crazily over the last one year. An unrestored bike depending on engine condition can cost anywhere upwards of 7k. If you strip a bike for painting and chroming, a quality job will land you anywhere close to 10 to 12k and then there is the paperwork. So honestly, you have not paid a lot. Now, try and stock up some spares as those are getting extinct by the day. Pick up the next size pistons and also a set of original gears. Do this on your ride to Mysore. Go to Double Road there and ask for Jain Automobiles, ask for Praveen there and he will help you. Also next time you are in Addu's shop ask for Patrick, I'd love to see your bike. I admire and love this marque of motorcyles and have a couple of them myself including a twin and another twin in the making.

Cheers
-pat-
Old 10th October 2008, 10:30   #26

Congrats Shapra, that's a really cool bike, I've had my 86 Roadking for over 14 years now and it still rocks, just wanted to say congrats and to also tell you that I get my bike serviced by Moosa and Fairoze, they are on Broadway, Shivajinagar in Bangalore.

They used to work for Iqbal, now they have their own setup as Iqbal has retired.

You can call Fairoze at 9343593795.

Cheers,

Plugugly
Old 10th October 2008, 11:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Yezdi is a legendary bike..awesome to ride.I enjoy mine thoroughly.
Old 10th October 2008, 12:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapra View Post
Please check your Private Messages.

Thanks for the reply shapra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
Congrats Shapra, that's a really cool bike, I've had my 86 Roadking for over 14 years now and it still rocks, just wanted to say congrats and to also tell you that I get my bike serviced by Moosa and Fairoze, they are on Broadway, Shivajinagar in Bangalore.

They used to work for Iqbal, now they have their own setup as Iqbal has retired.

You can call Fairoze at 9343593795.

Cheers,

Plugugly
can someone help me to find a bike in Bangalore. I'm new to bangalore and thanks in advance

cheers
Old 10th October 2008, 13:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Awesome shapra. Good buy. Keep her well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post

The Yezdi is pretty reliable. Keeps going on & on even with very little maintenance. FE should be around 25-30 Kmpl. Fuel tank holds 12 litres, IIRC.

Common problems :
1. The clutch cable wears out pretty fast. Of course you can even drive
without it, the bike has an auto clutch.
2. The brakes are nothing to write about. Forget the front brakes.
3. For a newbie, the turning radius will be a bit of a shock.

The ride in it is incomparable.
Old 10th October 2008, 14:27   #30
BHPian

Awesome ride Shapra.... She's woth the money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks