Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 15:54   #31
BHPian

Thanks for all the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Also next time you are in Addu's shop ask for Patrick, I'd love to see your bike. Cheers
-pat-
Pat, I have been there once and would surely go once more to meet you. Thanks for the headsup on Jain automobiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
I get my bike serviced by Moosa and Fairoze, they are on Broadway, Shivajinagar in Bangalore. You can call Fairoze at 9343593795.
Plugugly
plugugly, I am getting reasonable support from Razack, but I am sure I will need to meet Moosa/Fairoze someday. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Awesome shapra. Good buy. Keep her well.
esteem_lover, thanks and I intend to keep this for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
Awesome ride Shapra.... She's woth the money
Aston.Martin, Thanks, I am enjoying the ride.

Problems I have seen in my 5 month ownership
(1) Clutch needs frequent adjusting
(2) Chain needs frequent adjusting
(3) The Swingarm was a bit loose, my bike would literally slide under me under braking. My smart cousin figured out the probelm.
(4) The wheels need some true-ing. I will get this sorted out on my first 6-month service. I might get new tyres.
(5) The custom made brake pedal broke, luckily while parked at home (testing new brake lights)
(6) Tickler recommended during cold starts. Pump.pump.pump and then a smart kick.
(7) Replaced Horn (Rs. 100), Battery (Amco/Kinetic, Rs 800), bulbs
(7) Post superbike riding experience, I cannot live without the front brake. I use both brakes on my RK.

Lots of people chat you up on the road. Typically, these are past owners and they reminisce fondly "Best bike, Sir". The bike smokes up a storm while idling. Best to shut it off at signals.
Old 11th October 2008, 21:56   #32
BHPian

Hi:

I see that you have a problem with your bike swinging to one side when you brake. Im glad someone found out what the problem was but this is what I wanted to point out in the first post itself. Lots of us changed the braking to rod system because of the contant snapping of the cables but most of us also faced the problem of the bike pulling to one side when we braked. I honestly cant explain why but this is something a lot of us did face. I tried out the rod system in my first yezdi 10 years back and now the Y350 that I have has this same system and I find the same problem in it.

-pat-
Old 7th February 2009, 23:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

guys, check this ad for some old steeds :
SOME OLD BLOCKS
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
the bike has an auto clutch.
The Bike has a cam operated leg clutch! This works even if youuse the clutch lever, hence the clutch play..use the clutch lever only for standing starts unless you'd like to master the cam bite point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapra View Post
The bike smokes up a storm while idling. Best to shut it off at signals.
Looks like your petrol oil ratio is more than 2 to 2.5%.
Old 10th March 2009, 11:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Looks like your petrol oil ratio is more than 2 to 2.5%.
Yes, indeed. The rebuild mechanic advised 40ml/litre and I have been following that religiously. He even suggested 50ml/litre on long rides, which I dont follow.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapra View Post
Yes, indeed. The rebuild mechanic advised 40ml/litre and I have been following that religiously. He even suggested 50ml/litre on long rides, which I dont follow.
The 40ml per litre is just for the initial hundred kms or so. You could come down to 25ml per litre henceforth.

Too much of oil in the system will lead to excessive smoking as well as carbon build up at the plug.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks