Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 19:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Sankar: That's about 1x Zillion closer than I'll ever get. It's a pity and I certainly hope you'll get your visit soon.
Still ride your CB750? The King- progenitor- of modern in-line fours? There's a reason-challenged genius of an Englishman who takes CB750, CBX, Z1000 engines and carves V-8s and V-12s out of them for running street bikes. Perhaps he goes to The Ace. Chap's a nuclear scientist, would you believe it?
No i don't ride it anymore as i had that motorcycle when i was in UK. A lovely bike it was, and if i might add, my first proper motorcycle.

Yes i have read about that Englishman and his projects, but bad memory makes me forget his name.
Old 20th May 2008, 19:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
No i don't ride it anymore as i had that motorcycle when i was in UK. A lovely bike it was, and if i might add, my first proper motorcycle.

Yes i have read about that Englishman and his projects, but bad memory makes me forget his name.

Memory??? I'm in the same boat, Monsieur.
My first real bike is/was a Honda CBR 919 RR Fireblade and I sold it just a few days ago. Broke me heart.
Old 20th May 2008, 20:28   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I certainly hope to be there some day with my Triumph. A friend of mine has been there in the past, and returned with a nifty sticker for his Ariel, which can just about be seen circled in this pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone been to the Ace Cafe (London)?-ride01.jpg  

Old 21st May 2008, 09:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
His name is Allen Millyard.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I certainly hope to be there some day with my Triumph. A friend of mine has been there in the past, and returned with a nifty sticker for his Ariel, which can just about be seen circled in this pic.

Lovely, Sir. Thanks. The Triumph stirs the juices for me like none else as I too owned one many moons ago. It was a 1941 ex WD OHV 350 single and was my first bike. Loved that machine dearly. Tuned it myself too.

Please post some more pics of your Edwin Turner's Genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
His name is Allen Millyard.
Oh, what a relief. Thanks, Sir. Millyard it is. Another bloke used to craft entirely NEW ground up ancient exotic wheels like the Norton Manx etc for the Princely sum of 20K GBP, and I'm talking 15 odd years back. Don't know if he's still around. He used modern materials and techniques so they were reportedly oil-tight, and more powerful, and I once dreamed of getting rich enough to order a spanking new BSA Gold Star.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks