Team-BHP - Buying a yamaha RXG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Buying a yamaha RXG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/39817-buying-yamaha-rxg-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandeep_K_Ram (Post 846055)
What you will NOT find in any spares store is a original 5speed head and carburetor . Having said that , the 4sp carb on a 5sp setup does ok-ish .

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver_shadow (Post 846763)
you can also get larger carb jets if i'm not mistaken... so that problem should be tackled.

The larger jets won't equal the 5 speed carb. The 5 speed carb has an oval venturi and the 4 speed has the normal round venturi.

4 speed carb will work better in some cases as i have observed. But on a stock 5 speed engine it's better to have the 5 speed carb.

For the 4 speed head to work on a 5 speed barrel get it milled and re profiled. 4 speed head on a 5 speed barrel will give very poor compression ratio and thus poor performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rascalangel (Post 848244)
dear scaryskulls what is the difference between barrel and skull?any mods required for gearbox change?

Barrel:-
Barrel also means the cylinder head. i.e. within which the piston means.
Cylinder (engine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Skull:- Skull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not sure how this helps in RXG topic though.

lol: oops i meant head and barrel.sorry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarySkulls (Post 848281)
Skull:- Skull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not sure how this helps in RXG topic though.

that's for you bro :)

anyway, at the OP: do keep us updated on what you do finally including the mods if any (with pics will be sweet :) )

yeah sure.hope i find a bike soon.:)

ACtually the RXG and 4sp carb is a 4TL4 00 which has a #165 main jets. And the actualy RX135 5 sp carb is 4TL4 20 with a #135 main jet. So bigger jets are not the issue . The 5sp carb has a oval bore compared to round ones fro the 4speeds.

Its a pain to get original parts for the 5sp and ofc ...many ppl have got a 5th cog mod .

Bouncing this thread up after a long time.

I have come across a 1996 RXG for sale. Was looking out for an Rx 100 but am open to the RXG /135s as well.

Couple of questions / reconfirmations

1. A lot of people have mentioned that its better to get the RX 135 (5 speed or 4 speed in that order instead of the RXG 135)
So ---> Rx 135 5 speed> Rx 135 4 speed> RXG 135

How much of a compromise is the RXG 135 vs the RX 135 4 speed?

2. How does one check if the bike has had its engine bored/ sleeved - what would be the ideal state - a lot of engines have been rebuilt and i'm not sure what to look for and what would be a Red Flag -- i will take a mechanic along, but want to be aware so i can ask the right set of questions

3. What is a fair price for these bikes ? My research suggests 40-50K for well maintained examples . OLX seems to suggest that the asking price is double. That's a big difference.
Would it be fair to assume that an RX 100 / RX 135 5 speed would command a better price than an RXG / RX 135 4 speed (assuming a similar condition)

Bike in question is apparently in good mechanical condition but needs some spit and polish to get it looking good.

thanks in advance!