Team-BHP - My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/39825-my-yamaha-rx100-cafe-racer-modification-thread-dec-09-back-stock-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 1036604)
The experience at the RTO was a very harrowing one.
And the good news is that the original number has been retained!!!

that the bad news and the good news. :)
Congrats, hope monday is not as bad and that everything will fall in place.
waiting to see the actually form of the beauty or the beast!!

Nice, I like it! The way you have integrated the rear tail lamp in the seat cowl is very neat. An up swept expansion chamber will go well with the design. The stock speedo console that's sticking out is a sore spot, it has to be moved a bit down if possible, or else fabricate a small bikini fairing (similar to the one found on some bajaj Boxer models) which will match the curve at the top of the headlamp and extends up just enough to cover the speedo console.

Another option is to put the speedo on top of the tank like some choppers do.

I own a 94 make Rx-100 and off late i have been facing a few issues with the ride quality.

1) I replaced the rear shocks a few months back but still do not get a good feel when i ride my bike

2) The front shocks ( tube ) always hits the bottom of the fork when i hit a pothole. I had recently changed the folk oil along with the springs in each tube. There is absolutely no oil leak as i had changed the oil seal of the fork as well but there is no improvement in the ride quality

Every time i ride over a hump or land in a pot hole i get a feel as if the bike is throwing me away..on long ride i get severe back pains as well.

3) I have noticed that the front fork of my bike is a bit shorter when compared to other RX's..that's how its been from day one. Will increasing the height on the fork help ??

I need a good quality ride..what can be done...

PS : i have Yezdi tyres at the rear and will try to post a few pic of my bike in a few hours..

Here are some more pics of the temp number plates mounted yesterday.

The registration 6348 used by the previous owner which did not match the RC book. I used the same on on the cardboard piece while taking it to the RTO.
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-cr3.jpg My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-crfrnt.jpg

After realising that the plates were wrong, i inverted the cardboard and put in the correct number. And yes the cardboard piece is of a shoe-box (Bon-Bon)...couldnt find anything else so I used this.
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-crrear.jpg My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-crbon.jpg

The old plates fitted after the RTO guys told that for passing you need actual number plates. So we got the numbers on the old plates corrected using black paint. Am waiting for the embossed plates (like the one on all our cars) to arrive, so till then these old plates will be used.
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-cr1.jpg My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-cr2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 1037242)
Here are some more pics of the temp number plates mounted yesterday.

The registration 6348 used by the previous owner which did not match the RC book. I used the same on on the cardboard piece while taking it to the RTO.

I'm quite amazed by the fact that you didn't notice the discrepancy in the registration number when you bought the bike!

Actually the seller / dealer was known to us so we didnt notice this. Also there were also a lot of other things to be noticed in the bike that we overlooked this.

Anyways the rear brake linkages was done today and guess what..... ITS CRAP. On depressing the brake pedal, firstly the brakes would not work and secondly the linkages being thin used to bend. So we've to look at an alternate way to fix this.

Got my exams coming up, so don't think I'll get time to work on the bike. Will seriously have to redo the logic for rearsets.

The gearbox gets stuck in neutral. Completely jammed. Noticed this problem before we opened up the bike. The clutch cable is fine. Happens while downshifting, will never go to first. Will engage neutral and not budge. You literally have to use a large amount of force to get it into 2nd.

Any idea why?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 1039331)
The gearbox gets stuck in neutral. Completely jammed. Noticed this problem before we opened up the bike. The clutch cable is fine. Happens while downshifting, will never go to first. Will engage neutral and not budge. You literally have to use a large amount of force to get it into 2nd.

Any idea why?!

check the gear levers basically its a funda with the torque used to shift. if the lever is small that means the whole linkage the gears would be hard to shift but if the linkage is longer it would be easier to shift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 1039331)

Any idea why?!

If it's not an external issue like shift lever getting jammed somewhere do this:
Open the clutch case and check the shifting drum, return spring and the lever that rotate the shifting drum. You might be able to track the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep
check the gear levers basically its a funda with the torque used to shift. if the lever is small that means the whole linkage the gears would be hard to shift but if the linkage is longer it would be easier to shift.

The gear lever is proper. I've noticed this problem was present with the stock gear lever too. I've checked with the leverage, and its enough. The gear movement is very small in the RX100, which is why there isn't enough movement while shifting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar
If it's not an external issue like shift lever getting jammed somewhere do this:
Open the clutch case and check the shifting drum, return spring and the lever that rotate the shifting drum. You might be able to track the problem.

Thanks Sankar, will open the clutch casing and check the above. Hopefully, it should be sorted on saturday.

V12: Beautiful modifications you've done there!
I own an RX125 myself and after seeing your bike I'd like to go for something similar. Do you think you could put up a list of mods you've done it to? I'm especially interested in where you got the seat and tail or are they custom?

Thanks!

Rob

Thanks Undertow. Yes, the seat is a custom made one. Let me know if you would want a similar one done on ur bike and I can get one done. Would need the color of your bike to match the paint on the cowl.

Anyways I'll be posting a list of all the mods once the bike is completely ready. The photoshoot is mostly scheduled for this Saturday. Will post the pics and the list of mods after that.

Hey which rims did you buy for the bike? Its time for me to change the rims on my bike. Did you buy the original size?

I saw two different rear tyres from MRF. One is the Nylogrip-Plus and the other is he Nylogrip-Moto-C. Which one is better?