Team-BHP - HELP!! Decide Apache or Pulsar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   HELP!! Decide Apache or Pulsar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/40390-help-decide-apache-pulsar.html)

Hi Bhpians,
I have just passed high school and was going to graduate myself from my dio to a bike
Please Help me decide Between P180, P200 and Apache 160RTR 2008
Keep in Mind the sky rocketing Fuel Prices
And also I have no PBk Showroom , so servicing of P200 at a regular showroom , is that okay

EDIT: I use the vehicle about 8-10 kms daily,
Need a eyecatching bike,,,,love lots of attention,
Also my height is small ie about 5'4"

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid,,,,typing...like...this. Thanks.

Apache RTR would suit your physique better imo. And it's a brilliant bike.

go for Apache its a better bike!

Considering your height, go for Apache. Also now a lot of pulsars are on the road, RTR will get you more attention.

Pulsar Pulsar Pulsar

Rahul, For your height both pulsar and a160 are fine, but the rtr would grab more attention than the ubiquitous p150. Also you would be free from the niggles of the p150 like lcd malfunctions, faulty fuel gauge, warning lights and the like.
The rtr would give you around 45-50kmpl in the real world. It accelerates, brakes and handles much better than the pulsar. Only downside is the riding position can be a pain if you are into long rides!

RTR - RTR is the bike you should consider. If you can wait a bit, RTR Fi will be coming soon...hopefully! :)

This attention thing is all just a feeling only, IMO! Seriously, nobody will care much for a guy on a pulsar or apache these days, except may be an initial reaction from friends.

Get the bike you feel will suit you better, and will keep you happy in the long run. From your height, i feel it should be the Apache. Anyways, check out all the bikes before deciding.

Sorry thats not one of your choices but wait till june mid,
you have the option of yamaha R150 , will cost a little over a lac.
GO FOR IT.

The Apache RTR would be the best choice amongst the 3 looking at your requirements. Isnt the RTR Fi already out?
Given the options put forward, I doubt rahul would be looking at that budget doctorque. The R15 would cost around 1.07 on road.

RTR all the way. If you can, wait for the FI version, which be rid of that one very big foible of the carb RTR: vibrations. Which means, it will be near perfect.

Strike the P200 off your list: If you must get a Pulsar, go for the less cumbersome, and more fuel efficient 180.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 848792)
This attention thing is all just a feeling only, IMO! Seriously, nobody will care much for a guy on a pulsar or apache these days, except may be an initial reaction from friends.

Get the bike you feel will suit you better, and will keep you happy in the long run.

Exactly!
If attention is what you crave, go get a R1 or a Duke 848/1098 or likes.

Go take a good long test ride of both the bikes which should help you decide on what bike is comfortable for you.
Performance wise and reliability of cycle parts wise, I would bet more on the thoroughly race bred RTR.

Should I change the tvs shod rubber instantly to maybe MRF Zappers. Also when will Apache fi be launched

Rahul go for Tvs Jumbo instead, zappers are not good for rains...