Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 23:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

well its sold WELL. Seen as much/more than unicorn, and MUCH MUCH more than the Shine it replaced. Proves a lesson to Suzuki.

PS: Lanza has still not sold. Sigh. Coffin time for them, anyone?
Old 14th August 2014, 16:16   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda launches CBF STUNNER

Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India is rumoured to have stopped regular production of the CBF Stunner motorcycle. The bike is now available only on built-to-order basis.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 17:50   #48
BHPian

Built to Order; who in the target segment of the 125 cc motorcycles purchases a bike which is not available off the shelves but is made available on a built-to-order basis? I did like this bike to be honest; my uncle owns one and I rode it many a time. Butter smooth gearshift and a complete absence of vibrations. RIP Stunner!

Last edited by rahul4321 : 14th August 2014 at 17:53.
Old 14th August 2014, 23:41   #49
BHPian

Yes it's true and confirmed that the regular production of Stunner has been stopped. All this because of poor sale of this model in last couple of months. Will only be available on Build on Order basis
Old 1st March 2015, 23:47   #50

advice

I want to buy the Honda Stunner but after reading the news 'Honda discontinues regular production of Stunner', I am a bit perplexed whether I should buy it or not. This is going to be my first bike and my priorities are style, price & hasslefree service.
advice!!!
Old 18th June 2020, 18:20   #51
BHPian

Not sure that anyone would see this post. But for my satisfaction I will post it here Recently restored my Stunner to stock. My first bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda launches CBF STUNNER-stunner-1.jpg  

Honda launches CBF STUNNER-stunner-2.jpg  

kamilharis is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 23:55   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see this old thread come up. And nice looking restoration Kamilharis. I think I’ll need to literally ‘brush up’ some scratch marks off my Stunner too. I got mine in 2010 and it’s done almost 50K trouble free kilometers. What I love this bike for is great riding position, excellent handling, braking and reliability.

Last edited by saket77 : 18th June 2020 at 23:57.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 12:02   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Not sure that anyone would see this post. But for my satisfaction I will post it here Recently restored my Stunner to stock. My first bike.
Very nice restoration! Looks smashing. Share few more pics from different angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Nice to see this old thread come up. And nice looking restoration Kamilharis. I think I’ll need to literally ‘brush up’ some scratch marks off my Stunner too. I got mine in 2010 and it’s done almost 50K trouble free kilometers. What I love this bike for is great riding position, excellent handling, braking and reliability.
My friend had a Stunner. I think it was a Fuel injection model. This was around 2009-10. I used to exchange my pulsar with his stunner and boy, i was awed by the balance,ergonomics, suspension, chuckablility and the smoothness of the engine and gearbox. His stunner was not so well maintained but still felt far better than my well maintained pulsar on the refinement part. One of the best 125 CC bikes from Honda stable. This bike is a keeper. Just take good mechanical care and it should last a long time!
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 12:18   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome work kamilharis. It looks brand new now. Wishing you many more happy miles with your renewed steed.

Quote:
I think I’ll need to literally ‘brush up’ some scratch marks off my Stunner too.
Ready for a restoration project?
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 14:32   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Ready for a restoration project?
Think so. Getting inspiration from some recent posts here.
Old 19th June 2020, 15:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to see this old thread come up. And nice looking restoration Kamilharis. I think I’ll need to literally ‘brush up’ some scratch marks off my Stunner too.
Thank you saket77. And I never expected any responses on this dead thread! Mine is 2012 March model which was its last iteration. I just did 30000km+ till now as I was abroad most of the time. I started the restoration work when i went for a short vacation in December 2019. Unfortunately the final assembling post painting was completed once I flew back from Kerala. So I am yet to drive or see my restored bike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Very nice restoration! Looks smashing. Share few more pics from different angles.My friend had a Stunner. I think it was a Fuel injection model. This was around 2009-10. I used to exchange my pulsar with his stunner and boy, i was awed by the balance, ergonomics, suspension, chuckablility and the smoothness of the engine and gearbox. His stunner was not so well maintained.This bike is a keeper. Just take good mechanical care and it should last a long time!
Thank you sagarpadaki. My bike was left unused regularly as I was away from my place due to various reasons. So I had to dismantle the whole bike and restore it from scratch as it had plenty of rust spots and loose panels. It took few months to bring it back to its original glory. Finally I am very happy with the outcome , but my family was not happy with me for spending too much of $$$$$ on this old 125cc bike. The Fi version that your friend had better refinement and the body graphics too was classy, which is slightly different from the carb versions. Body parts and some mechanical parts are hard to come by now. Thankfully most of the other parts are shared with Shine & Unicorn. For sure I will post more pics and if you all are interested better I will write a small restoration post on this same thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Awesome work kamilharis. It looks brand new now. Wishing you many more happy miles with your renewed steed.
Thank you Leoshashi! I wish I could cover many more miles on my Stunny but not sure when. I did not drive her since half of 2017 . But one thing is sure I am not going to sell it off ever.

Quote:
Think so. Getting inspiration from some recent posts here.
Go for it saket77. There are not much Stunners left on Indian roads now and most of the remaining ones are'nt well kept. Bring it back to its glory !! There are members who have crossed 150000km and still munching miles.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 19th June 2020 at 19:45. Reason: More than 2 smileys are not allowed per post and removed mention of whatsapp and FB groups. Thanks.
kamilharis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 09:18   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
The Fi version that your friend had better refinement and the body graphics too was classy, which is slightly different from the carb versions. Body parts and some mechanical parts are hard to come by now. Thankfully most of the other parts are shared with Shine & Unicorn. For sure I will post more pics and if you all are interested better I will write a small restoration

Go for it saket77. There are not much Stunners left on Indian roads now and most of the remaining ones are'nt well kept. Bring it back to its glory !! There are members who have crossed 150000km and still munching miles.
You are welcome Kamilharis. Please create a new thread and post in detail about this awesome restoration. I’m surely going to refresh my motorcycle too but first I need to arrange for the body graphics. That looks like the toughest part. The mechanicals are perfect and my bike is closing in 50K kms and includes long trips from the sea (bay of Bengal) to the Himalayas and to some of the highest passes like the Nathula and Zuluk valley. All this without any issues ever. Once I arrange the graphics, I shall proceed for that midlife refresh.

Regards.
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
You are welcome Kamilharis. Please create a new thread and post in detail about this awesome restoration. I’m surely going to refresh my motorcycle too but first I need to arrange for the body graphics.
Actually I am still figuring out how to create a new thread in assembly line and how to attach photos in proper manner. Once i get to know how it can be done i will start writing about restoration. As you can see I am a Newbie Great to hear that our humble stunner has visited points like Nathula and Zuluk! Body graphics and original body panels are very very hard to come by these days. Even I had plans to replace few fiber parts but later gave up the idea and refurbished the existing parts itself. And now there is no single decal / graphics on my stunner, Its all 100% glossy black. If in case you are able to arrange the original graphics,do update here saket77!
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks