Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2005, 14:18   #1
BHPian

Help:Pulsar 180 serivce info..

Hi guys,
Today kphilip called the bajaj authorised service center here in cochin and asked if they would do a little touching as some paint near the petrol tank input had peeled off... The peeling is not cos of the accident.. so they are supposed to to do the touching of paint for free right??
But he says he cant..
What do you guys have to say about that??

Accident story:
Quote:
Kphilips and I went to the Job fair at Coimbatore in his pulsar..
i was riding and was trying to test the K&N potentialon the NH-47..
I was over confident that nothing would go wrong.. I almost paid the price..
Took a turn and suddenly, there was this bus which had stopped to let some passengers in..
Road was narrow and lorry was coming from the opp side.. no way i could overtake.. i braked hard.. Dint apply the disk properly.. More of back brake was used.. And the next thing i know we are skidding allover the place and fell just behind the bus, fortunate not to have hit it and also not to have been runover by the lorry.... fortunately nothing happened to either of us.. I felt damn bad cos kphilips pulsar got a few scrathes on the crash guard and also a small(very small) dent on the tank.. Everything else was fine.. Just wanted to make sure he and the bike was is shape.. Its his bike and he was the pillion.. Obviously my preference would be to save them...
My first accident.. Really feel for the bike and him.. He really loves his bike...

Lessons learnt..
Be very very careful on any road in india.. Expect the unexpected.. Use more of the disk brake.. Wearing helmets definetly helps.. Never think u'r the the best and nothing would go wrong..
_Ride Safe_
Old 4th March 2005, 14:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

He's out of luck Vin. If he had brought the paint peel to the attention of the service centre before the accident, then yes, it should be covered under warranty. However, since this was only brought to their attention after the accident, it would be easy for them to deny it and blame it on the accident. Even though both you, me and the service guy knows paint is not going to peel off in an accident!

But, as you said the tank had a small ding in it anyway, it's best to paint the full tank to ensure a matching paint job. It would look neater that way. Plus, it can't be too expensive and it would give you a chance to get rid of those ugly "Pulsar" stickers on the sides.

BTW, it's not very clear but were you riding the bike when this happened? Or someone else?
Old 4th March 2005, 15:05   #3
BHPian

Ok Rt,thanks , will tell him that..
And yes i was riding.. K&N really makes u try going faster.. I thought for a split second that thats it.. i'm gone, no sbk, nothing ...... I'm gone for good.. But his bike, just couldn't let anything happen to it.. so I slammed the brakes hard.. Dint apply the disk brake to its max, he says that if i had applied the disk fully, we wouldn'y have skidded and would have stopped.. but I just thought it was too late for making it stop.. Luckyly we dint crash.. We got up and then he took it from there and we still kept going at 70-80kph.. heheheeeeee..
On our way back, we started from Palghat at 12midnight and reached Cochin at 2:20 with a small chai break in the middle.... We did the 170 km stretch quite fast..

So u suggest a full paint job on his tank.. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks