Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 16:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
No mate RTR is not coming home. I cancelled the booking and decided to go for the Karizma.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post937039

Oh damn those TVS idiots..well congrats on the ZMA hope to see some pics soon and some new reviews from an Expert perspective..
Old 26th September 2008, 21:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Any update of the Menace? The link that Junky posted shows 2 bikes, one with a beak like fixed fairing like the Stunner and Zma and one naked headlight version. Both are having monoshock. It should be able to do 17 bhp comfortable or even more than that if TVS decides to push the limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
????, its a link, where you can find the proposed design of the so called MENACE
How did you find this link man? The company doing the design is from Moscow ?? Its pretty cool.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th September 2008 at 21:19.
Old 26th September 2008, 23:55   #18
BHPian

I hope the bike is big enough (in build) to accomodate oversized people (like me )

Karizma was near perfect for my size - I sold it off later to my friend, and I am now unable think of picking up a Karizma again

RTR160 Fi and R15 are too small for me.

I'll pick this one up, if it is big enough for me!
Old 27th September 2008, 00:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I hope the bike is big enough (in build) to accomodate oversized people (like me )

Karizma was near perfect for my size - I sold it off later to my friend, and I am now unable think of picking up a Karizma again

RTR160 Fi and R15 are too small for me.

I'll pick this one up, if it is big enough for me!
@ sriram sorry to break you heart ..the Menace would be on the lines of Apache but with a powerful engine..TVS also plans to launch a 200cc Menace which also would be the size of the Apache but it would not be the naked version and will have side fairings like the R15..

The best bet for you would be, the Live Like King Size Bike..The Bullet. (that is what my frnd calls bullet..he is 6''4 and used to be a security officer with Taj..and rides one.. )
Old 27th September 2008, 00:49   #20
BHPian

Personally i feel Menace is an awesome name.
Hopefully the ride/handling will improve and not just the power.
Old 27th September 2008, 01:21   #21
BHPian

Update on TVS Menace 180cc and 200cc

Hi All,

Just got to know that TVS is all set to launch the much awaited "Apache RTR Menace" the latest offering from TVS in the 180cc segment by late Oct or early Nov 2008.

The Menace on two wheels is arriving and it looks hot too. Considering the sexiness that exists in the current RTR 160 beating all in that exist in its class and a few above too. Even if it manages to keep up with it predecessor it’ll be up there with the best… need I say more.

Design:
The bike will retain the basic lines of the current RTR, retaining the basic look of a naked sports bike. But with no front scoop this time. And for a good reason too, the front is now going to house a semi-full faring that will expose part of the engine and give it that naked bike look too.
The bike will have a digital speedometer with top speed, 0-60 timer, trips, and other extra functionality plus stunning looks.

Engine and Gearbox:
The race developed high reving180cc mill will be one of a kind, developing 18bhp and refined further, more than it is in the current RTR. The engine is expected to have a high compression ratio to deliver more power and will be powered by a fuel injection system.

Ride and Handling:
The current RTR handles like a charm with loads of feedback from both the front and rear end. TVS won’t make a mistake in the handling department, although the company is looking to keep the setup to a slightly sportier side. With front and rear disk brakes and a proposed mono-shock we have a new dream bike in development here.
Rumours are that TVS might be going overboard with the weight distribution and balancing and we might have a surprise exhaust this time.

Price and Competition:
Expect the price to be around 80,000+INR. This is a real good deal, considering the finish and performance of previous TVS products. The bike will compete with bikes above its segment like the pulsar 200 as the RTR is already taking care of the bikes in the 180cc segment.

The bike is a bargain for what TVS is offering with the “Menace”. I’m sure TVS will break benchmarks with this 180cc. The bike is due this Oct-Nov (2008) - Those planning for a performance bike any time soon, do try this first.

*The apache 180 is expected to launch this diwali. althogh the release might be postponed to pongal to make it an attraction at the next autoshow!

** You could expect a longer wheelbase, a mono shock or a slightly different suspension layout. They have also been experimenting with a lot of speedo layouts so a fully digital display can be expected. Fuel injection too will be standard.

*** The basic layout will continue to be an air cooled 4 stroke single. The reliability quotient will have to upped however.

**** Apache Menace will come with some cosmetic upgrades too.The company reportedly is also working on 200cc version of the Apache and that might come in the market with ABS!

+ inputs form Yahoo!..India answers

Last edited by RuffRyder : 27th September 2008 at 01:22.
Old 27th September 2008, 08:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
@ sriram sorry to break you heart ..the Menace would be on the lines of Apache but with a powerful engine..TVS also plans to launch a 200cc Menace which also would be the size of the Apache but it would not be the naked version and will have side fairings like the R15..

The best bet for you would be, the Live Like King Size Bike..The Bullet. (that is what my frnd calls bullet..he is 6''4 and used to be a security officer with Taj..and rides one.. )
I think I'll have to console myself or lose weight [The latter being very difficult!]

I already ride a Bullet Machismo 350 to office - My feelings are definitely mixed. (I'll be beaten up in the forum lest I say a few negative things about the bullet! (just joking) - And, I am just 5'11. (not 6'4'' like your friend! So, if I lose weight, I may still have some hope to escape from the Bull!)
Old 27th September 2008, 09:10   #23
BHPian

Way to go TVS!
Both TVS and Yamaha are really upping the ante!
Old 28th September 2008, 04:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
Hi All,

Just got to know that TVS is all set to launch the much awaited "Apache RTR Menace" the latest offering from TVS in the 180cc segment by late Oct or early Nov 2008.

The Menace on two wheels is arriving and it looks hot too. Considering the sexiness that exists in the current RTR 160 beating all in that exist in its class and a few above too. Even if it manages to keep up with it predecessor it’ll be up there with the best… need I say more.

Design:
The bike will retain the basic lines of the current RTR, retaining the basic look of a naked sports bike. But with no front scoop this time. And for a good reason too, the front is now going to house a semi-full faring that will expose part of the engine and give it that naked bike look too.
The bike will have a digital speedometer with top speed, 0-60 timer, trips, and other extra functionality plus stunning looks.

Engine and Gearbox:
The race developed high reving180cc mill will be one of a kind, developing 18bhp and refined further, more than it is in the current RTR. The engine is expected to have a high compression ratio to deliver more power and will be powered by a fuel injection system.

Ride and Handling:
The current RTR handles like a charm with loads of feedback from both the front and rear end. TVS won’t make a mistake in the handling department, although the company is looking to keep the setup to a slightly sportier side. With front and rear disk brakes and a proposed mono-shock we have a new dream bike in development here.
Rumours are that TVS might be going overboard with the weight distribution and balancing and we might have a surprise exhaust this time.

Price and Competition:
Expect the price to be around 80,000+INR. This is a real good deal, considering the finish and performance of previous TVS products. The bike will compete with bikes above its segment like the pulsar 200 as the RTR is already taking care of the bikes in the 180cc segment.

The bike is a bargain for what TVS is offering with the “Menace”. I’m sure TVS will break benchmarks with this 180cc. The bike is due this Oct-Nov (2008) - Those planning for a performance bike any time soon, do try this first.

*The apache 180 is expected to launch this diwali. althogh the release might be postponed to pongal to make it an attraction at the next autoshow!

** You could expect a longer wheelbase, a mono shock or a slightly different suspension layout. They have also been experimenting with a lot of speedo layouts so a fully digital display can be expected. Fuel injection too will be standard.

*** The basic layout will continue to be an air cooled 4 stroke single. The reliability quotient will have to upped however.

**** Apache Menace will come with some cosmetic upgrades too.The company reportedly is also working on 200cc version of the Apache and that might come in the market with ABS!

+ inputs form Yahoo!..India answers
Isnt it too early to be going ga-ga over this bike? Besides Indian companies are yet to learn the art of making a 'refined' single cylinder four stroke engine... be it TVS or Bajaj. Japs rule when it comes to engines.
Old 29th September 2008, 09:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Isnt it too early to be going ga-ga over this bike? Besides Indian companies are yet to learn the art of making a 'refined' single cylinder four stroke engine... be it TVS or Bajaj. Japs rule when it comes to engines.
Yeah well the japs are sleeping like dogs while Bajaj and TVS are making hay while the sun shines. Barring the Yammy yummies ofcourse!
Old 29th September 2008, 09:52   #26
NitinGirish

@Steeroid: Seriously funny post here. Couldn't stop laughing and a nice way to start my week.

And lot of good news Ninja supposedly being released by Dec end and now Menance slated for month end. All that remains now is my transfer back to Bengaluru and increments .

Was thinking of buying a bike next April-May, but at the rate at which launches are being made, I guess I will buy lot earlier than that.

Old 29th September 2008, 15:32   #27
SuperSyn

Pffft a 19cc upgrade. They should have gone straight to 200cc.

Old 29th September 2008, 16:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
Pffft a 19cc upgrade. They should have gone straight to 200cc.
Well the 180 will be enuf to pack off the existing 200cc+ bikes home...who'll they compete with when they have a 200.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks