Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 05:13   #1
BHPian

Independance Day Ride

News headlines, 14-Aug-2008

Rains in Belgaum washed four houses, 12 killed many hurt.

School bus falls into river due to heavy rain in Mangalore, 11 die few hurt

Heavy rain in Hubli, lake overflown, many homeless

Heavy rain in Kukkesubramanya - bridge underwater - place has become an island - same with Bhagamandala in Coorg.

But, can these reasons stop fellow bikers who has already planned their ride? Sai and myself said no.

Started @ 10:00PM on 14th Aug 2008

I was riding my Yamaha Gladiator 125 and Sai was on Pulsar 150.

Heavy rain. Sai was already wet. To add to the rain, my HID was not working due to some problems. I stuck behind Sai till Maddur coffee day where we had our regular coffee before we wished each other Happy Independance Day :-)

Started towards Mysore, had a coffee break at a local hotel in Srirangapattana. Believe me, this 4 Rs coffee tasted better!

Started and we dint stop till we reached Gundulpete Coffee Day. Spent some time chilling with a cup of hot coffee! and we started to Bandipur where the real excitement began. Rain gave us a break. We enjoyed the forest thoroughly. Dark night, no one around us. Breeze as cool as it can be... wow! the excitement was fantastic.

Rode very slowly till we reached Madhumalai. Took a small breather, few photos and started back to Bandipur. The sight now was ammazing... deers running here and there... peacocks everywhere.... believe me these were egoistic peacocks... too much of attitude... when we took our camera out to capture them, they used to vanish...

Lot of small birds and other animals like wild boar was the luck to our notice...

Reached Gundulpete, had breakfast.

Went to the foothills of HimavadGopalnathswamy betta and started towards Bangalore....

Reached Shivalli when we had our lunch... was back at Bangalore at 4:00PM

An 18 hour ride but definitely was an exciting one... Covered 625 kms...

My bike drank 11 ltrs of petrol...

Photos:

[COLOR=#800080]http://renukumarsphotos.fotopic.net/c1564301.html[/COLOR]

Jai Hind
Old 20th August 2008, 08:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice adventure. Btw, is the bandipur forest open in the night? What time did you reach into the forest?
Old 20th August 2008, 10:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Bandipur forest is open through out :-) if you ask me

Throughfare through the bandipur gudalur road is allowed at all time , but the road from Mudumalai to Masinagudi is where you sometimes have issues with the forest department blocking the road, even then if you re willingto grease some very receptive arms you will be let through at your own risk.

blockage of the mudumalai - masinagudi road could be because of too many animal crosssings or accidents on the kalahatty hairpins , which is quite common.

Last edited by hellstar : 20th August 2008 at 10:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks