Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2008, 10:56   #1

Bullet 350/Electra 4S/ Electra 5S

Hi guys,
As everyone who is interested in owning a bullet, i'm also confused which bull to tame. Being a hard core bulleteer, i dont want to go for Machismo or thunderbird. So, my choices would be
a) Bullet 350
b) Bullet Electra 4S
c) Bullet Electra 5S

The parameters i'm looking at are
1) Thump
2) Maintenance
3) Ride pleasure

It would be great if junta can provide their perspectives on this.

Thanx,
Avinash.
Old 30th August 2008, 21:04   #2
BHPian

my vote goes for Std 350!!
Old 30th August 2008, 21:14   #3
BHPian

I too would suggest you go in for a the Std 350;
Old 30th August 2008, 21:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoisme View Post
The parameters i'm looking at are
1) Thump
2) Maintenance
3) Ride pleasure
If point no 2 is a prime criterion choose Electra 4s or 5s. Thump is almost similar between Std and Electra. Ride pleasure nothing to differentiate between these three models. Electra comes with high handlebars which makes it more comfortable on long rides.

My suggestion for you is to go for Electra4s. It has bit of both old & new, looks younger. Rear wheel braking would be better in the Electra 4 speed since the brake link is direct.
Old 30th August 2008, 21:28   #5
BHPian

My advice would be electra 4s with disc brakes, a combination of the old and new.
Old 30th August 2008, 21:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If point no 2 is a prime criterion choose Electra 4s or 5s. Thump is almost similar between Std and Electra. Ride pleasure nothing to differentiate between these three models. Electra comes with high handlebars which makes it more comfortable on long rides.

My suggestion for you is to go for Electra4s. It has bit of both old & new, looks younger. Rear wheel braking would be better in the Electra 4 speed since the brake link is direct.
I would agree with Sankar..
go for a Electra 4S gives you a bullet with a similar thump and you would only need to get a short bottel Exaust and easy to maintain aswell because no CB points...
Old 30th August 2008, 21:56   #7
BHPian

Electra all the way. I had the first generation electra with me and served without any issues for 5 years fully. I sold it though
Old 30th August 2008, 22:50   #8
BHPian

neoisme, the STD and the 4s have right side gears. so unless you are used to it (i guess you are not) you better go for the 5s. the STD, 4s and 5s share the same engine which gives the same distinct thump. the 4s and 5 s come with disc brakes, self starter and gas shocks.

go for the STD only if you want that traditional bullet untainted by technology. otherwise for ease of use with some modern features go for the 5s.
Old 30th August 2008, 23:07   #9
BHPian

I have used a Bullet Std for 9 years, since 1997. Travelled extensively on it across length and bredth of the country. It has never let me down, but of course, timely services were provided to the steed. It is still running beautifully with the person to whom I sold it off.
Now that I have a Machismo, I can compare the two on the parameters which you mention.
Thump is definately the territory of the traditional models, especially with the short bottle silencer.
Don't worry about the using the brake on the left side. It is amatter of few kilometers and you will be quite comfortable with it.(One of the techniques to pactice left foot braking is by simply putting you right foot on the rear footpeg and continue riding)
Maintainance seems to be equal in all models!?
I would recommend the Std 350 because of its' originality.
Old 31st August 2008, 00:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

I would say go for Electra and get a short bottle silencer(used in 350) and its a gr8 combo and you will love the thump/riding comfort/power.

i have a bullet electra 4s with a short bottle silencer and i just love it.i got the silencer changed at the time of delivery as i wanted my bullet to be noisy.

now there is not a single piece of mesh left in silencer and its loud more than anything of road and its faster due to all this free flow.

its been 3 yrs and 10k kms and its been lot of fun.
Old 1st September 2008, 00:03   #11

Thanx all for ur perspectives. Aint maintenance higher in 350 than in electra because of CB points. Also, other problems like oil leak etc. Is it more in 350 or the issues are same in electra as well as 350 ????
Old 1st September 2008, 00:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Its just the CB points and the color thats different other wise all same apart from a lil bit in the electricals... Electras are more efficient and good in performance.

Last edited by desideep : 1st September 2008 at 00:53.
Old 19th September 2008, 16:47   #13

Bullet Electra 5S

Hey Guys....Recently bought a 2006 Bullet Electra 5s from my friend who is moving over to Aus. It has clocked only 5500 kms on the ODO. Need some tips from the gurus here on what kind of fuel is best for the Electra and is it best to leave the bike for service in the authorised service center or look for the local mechanic who may do a better job? I am beginning to like the comfort the Electra gives me and also the thump of the short bottle silencer. But everytime I use the disk brake, it gives out a squeal....anyone has any idea, why? Request help and advise...
Old 19th September 2008, 17:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdryeyes View Post
Hey Guys....Recently bought a 2006 Bullet Electra 5s from my friend who is moving over to Aus. It has clocked only 5500 kms on the ODO. Need some tips from the gurus here on what kind of fuel is best for the Electra and is it best to leave the bike for service in the authorised service center or look for the local mechanic who may do a better job? I am beginning to like the comfort the Electra gives me and also the thump of the short bottle silencer. But everytime I use the disk brake, it gives out a squeal....anyone has any idea, why? Request help and advise...
use the normal fuel donot go for some expensive one. the high octane ones, best done from some one good be it at the Service center or a local mechanic.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Age of the Electra

Hello all!

Can someone let me know when the Electra 4S and the Electra 5S were introduced? My friend says that there is an Electra 4S for sale and says it is a '76 model. Not sure on this as not sure on the dates...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks