Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 12:56   #1
BHPian

Max speed on Splendor

All,

I own HH Splendor, bought in 1997. I sparingly use it. It has run just over 40K now. I use to use my bike heavily in its early years with regular rides to Mahabaleshwar and few places in Konkan area.

However, over the years, as the car stepped into my life, and my subsequent visits abroad, the useage of my bike came down drastically to few Kilometers over the weekend.

Gradually, the bike's top speed has come down drastically and now, it hardly reaches 65 - 70km/h with lot of vibrations. You can feel the bike going into high rev rather than gathering the speed. I have driven my bike at a max speed of about 95km/h on Surur - Wai road during one of my rides to Mahabaleshwar in its early years.

What could be the problem?
a) Clutch? - Have done the setting. Never replaced clutch plates as yet?
b) Clogged Exhaust? - Is my exhaust clogged, there by creating back pressure and hampering top speed? Though it doesn't sound clogged, it doesn't sound like a new splendour one as well. My exhaust hasen't been replaced as of yet.

Any other issue that might have lead to this issue? Otherwise, the bike runs pretty smoothly upto 45kmph speed and then the vibrations start setting in.

ALso, do you know a good mechanic in Pune who can completely do a through servicing job of my splendor? The United Motors service stations are not upto mark. I have been requesting them to change the complete wiring of the bike for last 3 servicing and they have been avoiding it. I am having few electrical issues for some time and they temporarily sort it out by some patch work on the existing wires.

I would also like to rewind the alternator for higher wattage so that I can fix higher wattage halogen in the headlamp.

Please help me with your inputs, suggestions so that I can get my first love in her prime shape again!!!
Old 8th September 2008, 13:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is there a dip in mileage too?

You can go to City Motors in Wakdewadi as I had good experience with them.
Old 8th September 2008, 13:55   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Is there a dip in mileage too?

You can go to City Motors in Wakdewadi as I had good experience with them.
I am getting milage of atleast 65. This is all city driving.

I will try City motors next time. Do you have there contact number so that I can take prior appointment?

regards
Old 8th September 2008, 14:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hmm the mileage looks fine so burned clutch plates might not be issue.

Got the following contact information from net

Mr Nitin Vichare / Aniruddha Deshpande

+(91)-(20)-25540019,66031383,25511384,66031384

Let us know how it goes.
Old 8th September 2008, 14:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:

Let us know how it goes.
I have 2001 passion i believe it sports the same engine. I think clutch plates could be reason as i was also facing the similar problem but after replacing them the problem was solved till 80 to 90% but not 100%. I only use it in weekends for few KM's for commuting heavy traffic places or for my naughty valcano(My kid) ride for pleasure so it runs 50KM max in a month so not a concern for me.Actually my bike lost the starting acceleration too and bike was taking 30 40 sec to come to a normal speed.
After clutch plates were changed it was behaving pretty decently.
Old 8th September 2008, 15:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the numbers. Truly appreciate your help!! I will upate the forum once I get my bike serviced with City. Hopefully she will be back in her prime. I am ready to spend money on her, its just that United wasn't interested to work on her.

Thanks once again.

regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks