Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 17:36   #16
BHPian

jus upgraded my balenos head light bulb today its philips essential power 130/100 waiting to see the result at night .is vision plus more powerful than this bulb? whats the difference in cost ? i paid 200rs each for this bulb
Attached Thumbnails
Philips Vision Plus / X-Treme Power bulbs in Chennai for Avenger-dsc00883.jpg  

Old 21st October 2008, 01:05   #17
BHPian

Nithz,

Wow. 130/100 in Baleno ? Sheesh - that's way too powerful. It would definitely be blinding for the oncoming traffic even on low beam. With a clear lens headlamp like the Santro's, it would be even worse. My friend has done it in his Santro and it's just blinding.

100/90 is ok but I think 130/100 is a bit too much. No wonder these bulbs are not for use on public roads.

The same 130/100 has been installed in our Cielo GLX too but the My TVS guys (who take care of full servicing etc for the car) had it done and then informed us, since I complained of inadequate brightness from the headlights. I was only told "you would see a great difference in the headlights once it's done and you get the car back". I was shocked to find the same Essential Power Philips 130/100W bulb packs in the glovebox when the car came back.

I did notice people flashing their lights even when I was on low beam. Relays and cut-outs have been installed, which I also noticed after opening the bonnet. Have to take the car out in the night to test the lights again.

My only worry is that the bulbs may generate a lot of heat and this shouldn't affect the components inside the headlamp cluster.

Sunnyboi - no probs man. As long as someone helps me out with the location of the Vision Plus / X-Treme Power bulbs in Chennai. No need to delete your posts and all that.

Lancer&Shogun - yeah you're more than welcome to join me when I go there dude. It would be great to meet a fellow Team BHPian in Chennai. By the way I have enquired with another shop called Rahman Auto Accessories on GP Road today, and he says he would be getting stock of the Vision Plus (225 bucks per bulb) and X-Treme Power in the next 2-3 days. He has asked me to call back for this. So this is another place to check out. Please PM me and I can give you my mobile number so that you can contact me when you come to Chennai. Even if we don't get the bulbs, we can at least meet up. I presume you are driving down in your Lancer to Chennai :-)
Old 21st October 2008, 10:50   #18
BHPian

Lancer&Shogun - yeah you're more than welcome to join me when I go there dude. It would be great to meet a fellow Team BHPian in Chennai. By the way I have enquired with another shop called Rahman Auto Accessories on GP Road today, and he says he would be getting stock of the Vision Plus (225 bucks per bulb) and X-Treme Power in the next 2-3 days. He has asked me to call back for this. So this is another place to check out. Please PM me and I can give you my mobile number so that you can contact me when you come to Chennai. Even if we don't get the bulbs, we can at least meet up. I presume you are driving down in your Lancer to Chennai :-)[/quote]

Ok sure and i'll PM my number. No, car is in chennai and i'm going to start the car after 25 days!

cheers
Old 21st October 2008, 13:23   #19
BHPian

spending for these fancy bulbs is waste of money according to me. if you want to see the road, then try Halonix. its available in 55/60, 90/100 and 130 watts. These has a slightly yellowish beam, and you can see the road even if its wet. If you want to ride/drive while the road is NOT wet, try the halonix +20 line of bulbs, these has white beam. cost for both are below 200/- and real VFM. keep in mind, same bulbs give different performance in different light assembly. you need to try and see what works for you.
Old 29th October 2008, 16:55   #20
BHPian

Philips X-Treme Power fitted in my Avenger 200 !!

Hi guys

Last Saturday, I managed to get back in touch with that shop on GP Road in Chennai, (Rahman Auto Accessories) and since I was informed that the X-Treme Power was now in stock, I went straightaway to the shop in the morning and purchased 2 packs of 2 bulbs each. Each pack was Rs. 850 and I just decided to buy one pack for our Santro too since it's using normal factory spec halogens (60/55W H4) as of now. Picked up the bulbs, paid and immediately went to my usual accessories shop to get the bulb fitted within 10 mins. That was another 10 min affair.

I was off from that shop in 10-15 mins. and I reached home in totally 45 mins after starting from home in the morning. One of the rare days when my job was done so quickly.

Well, I tested it on Saturday night around 11pm in my colony, and I have just one word to say about the quality of the bulb - AMAZING. Superb brightness, beam spread and focus. Low beam is excellent with an equally good high beam. Seeing the light that is thrown out by this bulb, most people would not believe it is 60/55W. They would probably think it is a 100/90W bulb. It's that good.

I took the bike out on Sunday evening and again, on the road I find the illumination just superb. Yes, I still do miss my HID but this bulb provides superb visibility. I tried it on wet roads as well as one day I came back in a heavy drizzle. Visibility on wet roads was very good too. I am now 200% happy that I got this bulb and would highly recommend it to anyone whose bike/car uses H4 halogens.

And buying it in this shop in Chennai, I have got it at almost half the price of buying it from a UK based online store. It would have cost me almost Rs. 1600/- if I had ordered it from Auto Lamps or Power Bulbs on the internet. So all in all an excellent set of bulbs at a great price.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 29th October 2008, 16:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Cool! The bulb is excellent! I see that you've paid the same amount as i did, so have they standardised the price for these bulbs?
Old 29th October 2008, 17:08   #22

Thats great guys, only one thing I want to understand how you guys are managing extra load on wiring harness. In my case I upgraded my regular 55/60 with Lispart all weather lamp 90/100 and guess what bolt of lightening even in blinding fog. But a series of quick dipper and fuses get blown. Any solution possible by installing realy or other hardware. One more thing can somebody throw some xenon light on installation of xenon lamps in old vehicles like Bolero. If affermative where in Delhi or Gurgaon I can find them .
Old 29th October 2008, 17:09   #23
BHPian

Hi Sankar

No I don't think the price for X-Treme Power has been standardised. Mainly cos these bulbs are not part of the Philips product range for India. These bulbs are still being imported. Mine says made in Germany, though it's been imported from Hong Kong I think. Will post some pics shortly, of the pack. The shop had the Vision Plus too but he told me to take X-Treme Power cos it is an improved model since it gives out upto 80% more light. On the phone I was told the old price of the Vision Plus bulb was around 225-250 per bulb.

As for pics of the actual lighting from the dome, I think most people have already seen it on other posts so there would be no need for it. However, upon request I can still do it. In that case, please do give me ideas on how to get the snaps of the beams accurately.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 30th October 2008, 17:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hi guys

Last Saturday, I managed to get back in touch with that shop on GP Road in Chennai, (Rahman Auto Accessories) and since I was informed that the X-Treme Power was now in stock, I went straightaway to the shop in the morning and purchased 2 packs of 2 bulbs each. Each pack was Rs. 850 and I just decided to buy one pack for our Santro too since it's using normal factory spec halogens (60/55W H4) as of now. Picked up the bulbs, paid and immediately went to my usual accessories shop to get the bulb fitted within 10 mins. That was another 10 min affair.

I was off from that shop in 10-15 mins. and I reached home in totally 45 mins after starting from home in the morning. One of the rare days when my job was done so quickly.

Well, I tested it on Saturday night around 11pm in my colony, and I have just one word to say about the quality of the bulb - AMAZING. Superb brightness, beam spread and focus. Low beam is excellent with an equally good high beam. Seeing the light that is thrown out by this bulb, most people would not believe it is 60/55W. They would probably think it is a 100/90W bulb. It's that good.

I took the bike out on Sunday evening and again, on the road I find the illumination just superb. Yes, I still do miss my HID but this bulb provides superb visibility. I tried it on wet roads as well as one day I came back in a heavy drizzle. Visibility on wet roads was very good too. I am now 200% happy that I got this bulb and would highly recommend it to anyone whose bike/car uses H4 halogens.

And buying it in this shop in Chennai, I have got it at almost half the price of buying it from a UK based online store. It would have cost me almost Rs. 1600/- if I had ordered it from Auto Lamps or Power Bulbs on the internet. So all in all an excellent set of bulbs at a great price.

Warm regards,
Venkat

Congrats venkat, and post some pictures too

cheers
Old 4th May 2009, 18:26   #25
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
OT, anyone knows where to get the Vision plus and Xtreme Power bulbs in bangalore?

A.K TRADERS
PH: 4114-3199, 4114-3958
# 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,

3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BLORE 02

he is the official Distri for philips bulb in Bangalore

got a quote of Rs.800 for Philips X-Treme Power 60/55W H4 for a Pair

Last edited by nitin.dangayach : 4th May 2009 at 18:30.
  (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:29   #26
BHPian

Today I bought a pair of Philips Xtreme Power (80% more light) from Rahman auto Accessories (Next to Jayapradha Theater, GP Road) in Chennai. The cost comes around Rs.800/-. I went in search of Philips Vision Plus (50% more light). They discontinued this bulb. Most of the shops dont know about these bulbs, especially Vision Plus.
Old 8th July 2009, 00:32   #27
BHPian

Today, I replaced my existing bulbs (90/100 Philips)

Amazing.... I cant believe my eyes.

These bulbs are clear winners.. The light is much better than my previous 90 / 100 W bulbs. What I feel is - more than bulb power, the quality and dimensions of the bulb and the coil makes the difference. It produces a whitish yellow light, which don't scatter like the blue beams. The light is aligned well, especially for the dim - visibility is much better. Bright also is impressive.

I recommend this bulb to all team bhpians...
Old 5th March 2010, 21:01   #28
BHPian

I was looking for an upgrade of head lamps for my sx4 I bought seven months back. After reading the posts on H4 philips xtreme 60/55,I have decided to go for it. Will get back with the feed back no sooner I have got them fitted. So long guys
Old 17th March 2012, 14:49   #29
BHPian

Re: Philips Vision Plus / X-Treme Power bulbs in Chennai for Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
A.K TRADERS
PH: 4114-3199, 4114-3958
# 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,

3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BLORE 02

he is the official Distri for philips bulb in Bangalore

got a quote of Rs.800 for Philips X-Treme Power 60/55W H4 for a Pair
Hey,

Any idea if these bulbs are available online anywhere?
Old 18th March 2012, 00:08   #30
BHPian

Re: Philips Vision Plus / X-Treme Power bulbs in Chennai for Avenger

@skdking:
You could try Ebay India, I don't know much about online auto parts online domestically, but abroad there's quite a few. You should be able to get these locally quite easily though, online prices in US/UK sites aren't going to be cheaper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks