Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2008, 18:32   #1

help me on buying a new bike

hello respected members

I have a budget of 1lakh and i want to buy a good bike ,

I only want one thing that bike should be good in power,realibility (long term use), no matter how it looks or whatever segment like cruiser, sports..

1st thing... i think of karizma but i heard from company toll free number that thay are going to launch new karizma with rear disc brakes soon , i am listening this from last 4 months.so i cant buy this existing version.

2on thing p220 has not good market report as i reasearched in company workshop and talk to many existing customers but they are not satisfied, always something is happening in their bike,.

3rd yamaha R15 has one drawback that it is only 150 cc so I also cant go for that , its not a 1lakh rupee worth.,.and also of it fall once on ground then 5000rupee will fall from pocket in repairing that..

thanks
Old 9th November 2008, 00:09   #2
BHPian

Join the waiters' club . There's got to be a long list of members who want something bigger & better than the Karizma/P220 class but there's a huge vacuum from these and the Über-bikes . But maybe not long enough for manufacturers to do something about it.
Old 9th November 2008, 11:55   #3
BHPian

First of all welcome to Team-Bhp.

From your list I would suggest Yamaha R15. Its is small in engine displacement but very well engineered. Have you taken test ride of it, the motor is high revving it is really for the sports aspirants (since you dont have any preference)

There are lot of bikes that are going to arrive
esp from Bajaj, but I am very enthusiastic about Honda CBR 150 again small motor but mind blowing performance. Not sure about the launch dates
Old 9th November 2008, 12:09   #4
Team-BHP Support

You can go for the Bullet Electra 5s if you like the classic bullet with modern accessories, or the Thunderbird if you are looking for a good cruiser and these bikes can serve you for years to come if you take good care of them and these are within your budget.
Old 9th November 2008, 12:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

even I am a Bulleteer.but I will not suggest bullet to every guy.Bullet needs some more love to the machine.

Acc. to Original Poster's choices ,
Yamaha R15 although of small CC ,is got the latest Technology ,liquid-cooled ,producing awesome 17bhp(IIRC) for such a small machine.apart from the brand -legendary yamaha ! I havent bought one because ,I dont want to be the centre of attraction while casually travelling.
My vote for YZF-R15 for the build-quality +technology+brand +all other goodies
PS: yamaha showrooms are selling R15 specific accessories.

Next is P220.it aint that a bad machine.it is India's R&D(ok..).I took TD on this bike and I am very much satisfied with its meaty torque range from start to end long.

It is a good one.
Also ,P200 too is a good choice.

yes.zma is now somewhat old.speculations are that anything above 250cc will come only from honda ,not hero-honda stables. :( .

But definitely R15 deserves to be mentioned as a modern machine deserved to be owned.
Good Luck!
Else wait for chotta kwacker or honda 250 etc..
Old 9th November 2008, 13:46   #6

can anyone confirms about the new upcoming models of bikes to be launch in india . so that i can have more option in buying new bike,
i heard that new karizma is going to be launch
also honda will launch new 250 cc bikes
yamaha will also launch fazer 250 cc

but when these are going to launch can anyone please throw more light on this...
Old 9th November 2008, 17:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

You probably can expect CBR150R from Honda next year (speculation) since they have plans for a CBR150 cup next year. If the CBR150 is launched then that would be one 150CC bike that i wouldn't mind upgrading to from my Karizma. I didn't feel the same about the R15 due to it's proportions.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:24   #8
Team-BHP Support

It really boild down to what you intend to extract from the motorcycle you buy.
The R15, Enfields and the Karizma are all good motorcycles, well in your budget, but all have very varied characteristics.

manson.
Old 12th November 2008, 22:16   #9

can anyone please confirm about 250 cc (high power)bike launch segment in new year in india.
coz i have to buy one and that will be forever , my problem is that if i go for old karizma or any available bike then i will be outdated ,also yamaha R15 and not suitable for city ride and not so powerfull and P220 has not good ownership report, royal enfield bikes also come with low bhp...

please anyone please confirm how much I have to wait for any new version powerfull bike
Old 12th November 2008, 23:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestMan View Post
royal enfield bikes also come with low bhp...
RE have good torque figures. As they say, 'You can never overload a bullet!'
Old 13th November 2008, 03:12   #11
BHPian

I think, like everybody else has quoted, there's not many options but it does depend on what you want to actually get out from the next one..
IMO, R15 tops all available ones at the moment.. other than speculations about the initial range pickup, I'd say the bike beats almost every other ride hands down... and yea, it's not bad in City riding, so don't worry.. just gotta get used to the positioning i guess.
Of course, if u want value4money types, with some thrill too, then P200/P220 are the optimum options.
I'd not talk about Karizma cos I feel it's just not worth or just not fun anymore..!

Happy Choosing! hope to get my new ride "very" soon too..!

Cheers,
J.
Old 13th November 2008, 08:19   #12
BHPian

Testman, more importantly think of one thing. If any of these 250cc flagships come, they are all going to be above your 1 lakh budget. Also the presence of a fairing which can be costly in the case of a spill is also inevitable. The Yamaha R-15 itself costs 1.1lacs.
On which toll free number did you hear about the new Karizma?
If you are planning to keep a bike for long time, you would be better of buying a Honda, yamaha or Tvs for that matter. The Pulsars are anything but consistent over time.
Old 14th November 2008, 00:27   #13
BHPian

bmw m5 has a point there.All the new 250cc bikes will be over the 1lack budget.so i think R15 makes most sense.As its a yamaha long term use wouldn't be a problem unlike a pulsar.
Old 14th November 2008, 00:41   #14
BHPian

Hello Testman,

Before going ahead with the model, please let us know whether you are looking for a commuter bikes or power driven bikes?

When I bought my Pulsar 180cc, I was more interested in the power delivery rather than daily usage.
Old 14th November 2008, 18:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
You can go for the Bullet Electra 5s if you like the classic bullet with modern accessories, or the Thunderbird if you are looking for a good cruiser and these bikes can serve you for years to come if you take good care of them and these are within your budget.
Do not miss to take test drive a Thunderbird Twinspark which comes with all new Royal Enfield UCE engine. Its easy to ride, a great cruiser, easy to drive in the city too. But you need to wait for 1-2 months after booking.

As Backpearl says, take a test drive on E5S too, but those engines will be replaced by UCEs sooner.

I am sure you will start loving every ride you make - you will start loving your bike, if you take good care of any RE bike, it will certainly become your best choice in life.

Last edited by agbenny : 14th November 2008 at 18:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks