Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 11:09   #1
BHPian

MonoShock for a CBZ-Xtreme

Is is possible to make cbz-xtreme a monoshock. The bike is almost a year old.
Old 18th November 2008, 22:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Seen mods using unicorn setup on Pulsar. Maybe it should work fine.
Old 19th November 2008, 07:50   #3
BHPian

Fixing Mono shock is possible , i had seen one X-treme with mono shock. It was fitted with Unicorn Swing arm & Mono shock.
Old 20th November 2008, 12:56   #4
BHPian

Thank you guys.
I live in Pune, is there any particular I should goto to this done, also how much will the entire thing approximatly??
Old 20th November 2008, 13:44   #5
BHPian

You can do it but there are many things to take in consideration, we have done it on afriends cbz extreme, but some how i was not happy the way the mono shocks were working.

1) First thing is you need is uni's swing arm the mono shock should be fiited the same way as in unicorn, i mean the same angle degrees don't know at what angle is uni's mono shock is fitted.

2) Your stock air filter will be of no use once you fit the monoshocks there will be no place for your stock air filter, you should only rely on K&N wheras in unicorn the airfilter is placed within the chasis and placed between the petrol tank and the seat.

3) Last thing i felt was cbz extreme chasis is not fit enough to take the monoshocks, eventhough we did some heavy modifications to the chasis the monoshock was not working to its mark as it was working in unicorn. we came to this conclusion when we took both the bikes in curves speeds above 60kmph, there was huge amount of differnece felt in the ride quality.

Things which we learnt is by swapping swingram of uni to xtreme is only not enough we require even chasis of unicorn, cbz extreme chasis is not designed to take monoshocks.

Hard way of learning things isin't it
Old 28th November 2008, 12:13   #6
BHPian

The bike is around a year old & the rear fibre rattles and makes a lotta noise, can anything be done about it??
Old 28th November 2008, 12:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeet View Post
The bike is around a year old & the rear fibre rattles and makes a lotta noise, can anything be done about it??
plz remove rear plastic parts and insulate them from inside with help of double sided foam tape.it works very well.double sided foam tape cost is just 50-70 rs,and this is a DIY type work.
Old 28th November 2008, 14:35   #8
BANNED

Nothing is the only thing impossible. But why monoshock?
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:02   #9
BHPian

Sorry for asking such a noob question, but what exactly is a double sided foam tape, and can this be done by any mechanic who services xtreme or should it be taken to the official service center?
Old 7th December 2008, 00:28   #10
BHPian

Yup, any mech should be able to do this . The double sided foam tape has adhesive on both sides ( think of regular cellophane tape that is made of styrofoam , bit thick 2-3mm ).
Old 7th December 2008, 20:52   #11
BHPian

It would be a good option to go for monoshox for exteme i think with unicorn swing arm.

Saw a thread in teambhp who converted his pulsar to mono.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-please-3.html

I heard that in pune SRiKANT CHAVAN is very good in modding you can contact him in 020-24364929

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th December 2008 at 22:16. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:55   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the info guys

Most Viewed