Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 23:13   #16
BHPian

My father had a Yezdi 250 that he bought in 1976. I drove it for a good 4 years during my school days. Then, I was gifted a new Machismo A350. I lost love for Yezdi after that and we got rid of it soon. ALAS!
Old 31st December 2008, 00:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
Thats a great price to buy for. Congrats and pls share a detailed review with pix
I am sorry but seems you are mistaken I have not bought one yet. I am looking at one I have not negotiated yet. So maybe I will get it for less than that. Let’s see how things materialize

Last edited by desideep : 31st December 2008 at 00:11.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:25   #18
BHPian

desideep --- Please read my post about the Jawa350 before makeing any deal.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

16K is an awesome price to pick up a Jawa.Do post some pics?
Old 31st December 2008, 12:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Got myself a nice marginally stock looking jawa 350 on xmas day. Its got just a couple thousand on the odo, and looks marginally stock (no, its not a propah jawa 350) but plays the part to much aplomb. I got 3 rd ht's on offer too, but stuck up for a premium price for this baby. She's a lot rarer than the rd's. And this particular one came with some good equipment and trim

How many jawa/yezdi 350's here? I know tuffyrider has one and is building another. Xmas and new year everybody.
how much did u pay for it?
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Congrats brother. would you mind me asking how much did you pay for it. i have been looking at one aswell. i would get to know if i am being asked for rite money
The seller is a reasonably known motorbike enthusiast and being a good friend of mine has asked me not to reveal the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
Depends, a fully restored mint condition can cost any where between 50,000 to 60,000. Unrestored ones will cost you around 25000 to 35,000.

I have recently bought one for 30,000 which needs restoration.
That would sum up the pricing beautifully. Desideep, these prices quoted by Srisha are true/fair and based on current market perception on value. Exceptionally running RD's which are in as good condition (physically and legally) as my Jawa350 will retail for nothing less than INR 1,00,000. If anyone here scoffs and puts a price 30-40% lower than this number, I will be happy to buy the RD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
btw, Jawa 350 was a single cyl or a twin? I've heard of limited edition twin cyl jawa 350s, if I recall right.
This is a twin Cylinder single carb. What I like about this mechnism over the RD is that its just so damn simple to tune (single carb). Thus the firing of the twin spark is controlled from one place. Ofcourse the power is nothing to write home about...but bikes like these are not meant to be raced. They are meant to be cherished for the next 70-80k kms. I will buy a superbike to race

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Is it the Yezdi 350 or the Jawa 350, both different machines. The Yezdi 350 is basically a Yezdi Monarch Body with a Imported Jawa Engine 350cc Twin cylinder and the Jawa 350 is a total different machine . My friend got a WB registered Jawa 350 brand new from a Dealer here in Mumbai the bike now is in Pune and the friend is abroad tried getting it here but the bugger was never ready for it. If its the Jawa 634 model ur dammn lucky. If its the Indian Yezdi 350 be careful with the RTO papers etc cause many bikes were taken out as scrap when the Yezdi Co land was cleared and these bikes dont have any true papers for them.
Heres a pic of the Jawa634 same color as of my friends. http://www.bikez.com/pictures/jawa/1...0Lisciasty.jpg
You are right about this. There are a handful of proper Jawa 350's running around in the country (when I say handful, I mean like 5 or 6) and the word running can also mean rusting in the Guj near you. However, all these engines are Jawa 350 engines - but different era's. All the 350 engines from the Yezdi factory were imported. The original Jawa 350's were smaller engines and could be mounted on the Model B frame with absolutely no hiccups. The lot from the early nineties were one generation ahead of these and were a bit bigger and hence needed the Monarch frame (and they could do duty on a 250 frame with a few modifications to the chassis). There are two bikes running on this style, and one of them is mine. The reason why they were mounted on the Monarch chassis and not a wholly new designed one is because there were a whole bunch of them left over and the conpany did not know what to do with them. One other person I know, has a Jawa 350 engine which goes 1st gear down and the rest up. This is one step advanced to the one I have and doing duty in most other Y350 (for the Yezdi frame) or J350's. So to be clear again: all 350 engines are Jawa 350 engines. Those doing duty on a Y frame are called Y350's and those doing duty on a J frame are called Jawa350's. Just simplyfing it.

Quote:
I am sorry but seems you are mistaken I have not bought one yet. I am looking at one I have not negotiated yet. So maybe I will get it for less than that. Let’s see how things materialize
16k is a very good price indeed. Please make sure the engine is good. The bike I got - the engine is a pure gem. I have known my bike from the time it left the factory in my friend's hands (yes, I was there when he bought the heart), until now.

Pictures will be up soon...the bike is at my mechanic getting the front cones replaced, the clutch checked on, and to see if the rectifier is doing its job of charging the battery right. I did not realise that like a Points RD, this bike will not start without a battery.
Old 2nd January 2009, 16:38   #22
BHPian

Red Liner and Desideep please check for all RTO papers etc before getting it, Redliner you better post some pics ASAP lolz.
Old 3rd January 2009, 00:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

@RedLiner- thats certainly fine about the price. i may go to the person who has this 350 and would try to take some pics and post them here. lets see if i get the bike it may be put for sale again hehehe planing to mint some money. :P
Old 5th January 2009, 12:43   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@RedLiner- thats certainly fine about the price. i may go to the person who has this 350 and would try to take some pics and post them here. lets see if i get the bike it may be put for sale again hehehe planing to mint some money. :P
Desideep, please let me know if you plan a re-sale. I would be very keen on working something out with you.

Quote:
Red Liner and Desideep please check for all RTO papers etc before getting it, Redliner you better post some pics ASAP lolz.
Mine comes with 350 RC book, valid insurance for the next year, and an FC until 2010.
Old 5th January 2009, 23:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Would do that i should be able to take some pics by this weekend
Old 5th February 2009, 05:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Is it the Yezdi 350 or the Jawa 350, both different machines. The Yezdi 350 is basically a Yezdi Monarch Body with a Imported Jawa Engine 350cc Twin cylinder and the Jawa 350 is a total different machine . My friend got a WB registered Jawa 350 brand new from a Dealer here in Mumbai the bike now is in Pune and the friend is abroad tried getting it here but the bugger was never ready for it. If its the Jawa 634 model ur dammn lucky. If its the Indian Yezdi 350 be careful with the RTO papers etc cause many bikes were taken out as scrap when the Yezdi Co land was cleared and these bikes dont have any true papers for them.
Heres a pic of the Jawa634 same color as of my friends. http://www.bikez.com/pictures/jawa/1...0Lisciasty.jpg
I guess enough was said by RedLiner. Just wanted to reiterate that the Yezdi 350s in India used the Jawa 350 Type 634 engine. It really depends what you want to call this bike. I think the machine goes by its heart and not the body.

RedLiner: Wasn't it the other way around, they had excess Y350 body parts lying around and they came up with the Monarch? The other 350 that you mentioned of your friend, I forgot but I think it was the type 638 with a Californian chassis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks