Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 20:02   #1
BHPian

Thunderbird Twin Spark Modifications

Hello Fellow BHPians, I have recently booked an RE TB Twinspark. I usually like to ride my bikes with stock, but looking at the possibilities of modifing the bike to some extent to make it look even more attractive I was drawn to this idea. Obviously I do not have a lot of experience regarding the RE Bikes, so I would request anyone who can come up with ideas regarding modifing my TBTS. I am looking for simple mods like what kind of "Handle Bars", "Tyers", "Wheels" etc would suit the bike. I would appreciate your comments and feedback for the same. Incase you know anyone who does a good work on this please let me know.

Cheers,
NS
Old 7th January 2009, 20:41   #2
BHPian

Congrats!!

hey nikhil!!

Congrats on the new buy!!! She is a beauty by herself!!!!! Don't do any modifications to her now buddy!! Ride it for sometime get comfortable with the bike!! I would suggest not to change the handlebar unless and until the riding position is not comfortable for you. You could opt for slightly broader tires for the rear, you get a special heavy duty tire with a nice thread from MRF( should cost around 2000INR), you can fit it down without any alterations. One alteration i would suggest is remove the long rocket silencer and go for a short bottle silencer, Will you give you a better thump. Apart from these keep her as stock as possible at least for a year.

Cheers!!!

Ramesh
Old 7th January 2009, 21:16   #3
BHPian

Agree with Ram. Since you don't know the bike well enough, don't think of mods yet. Once you've clocked 2000kms or so you can start your research here.
Old 7th January 2009, 21:29   #4
BHPian

A RD handlebar worked like a charm on my Citibike (now sold). Ergonomics wise the TB and the Citibike are pretty much the same, if I am not wrong. You may want to give this a thought. Improves the handling characteristics in city traffic (the wide stock handle bar is not exactly very useful in the city)
Old 7th January 2009, 21:58   #5
BHPian

That is so thoughtful of you guys. I just happened to see one of them with the long harley kind of handlebars and it looked good, so i was just wondering, but as it is rightfully pointed out that I should ride it for some time in stock and see how good it is for me and then think of any. Another doubt on my mind was the Engine Oil. I know it requires about 2.75 ltrs of engine oil, and was just wondering how much would it cost me in servicing and also after that when I want to change it what is the standard Engine Oil used, bearing in mind that it has a UCE and is made from Aluminium cast.
Old 7th January 2009, 23:02   #6
BHPian

@Nikhil: I'm not sure about the standard oil that is used in UCE engine , remember reading somewhere as Motul ( but am not sure, please reconfirm). I use Shell oil for my AVL( cost abt 175INR/ltr). One complete change for regular RE's last about 4k kms in the regular oil and around 14k kms in the synthetic oil, but synthetic oil is way too costly ( approx Rs700 / ltr ). As for now stick with the *** as you will be having your free services.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks