Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 20:49   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Not sure if you are aware but both Unicorn & CBZ Xtreme share the same engine just that the CBZ runs a different state of tune
I just wanted to know this, one of my friend claims that Honda uses better manufacturing process with very strict tolerance levels compared to the HH. Although the engine designs are the same they differ by terms of built quality. Is this true ??
Old 18th February 2009, 22:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Well I just want to say one thing !!

Unicorn for long drives, FE, Pillion, refinement. Its can be very good and less stressful.
Do you mean, in comparison the FZ or just in general?

Last edited by Mpower : 18th February 2009 at 22:16.
Old 18th February 2009, 23:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Technocrat
Not sure if you are aware but both Unicorn & CBZ Xtreme share the same engine just that the CBZ runs a different state of tune

REPLY:well the unicorn and cbz-Xtreme differ with Carburetor changes with different type of JET(make reverse screwed) and setting, the cam-shaft is different with xtremes being more power-Oriented, the xtreme's GearBox is a little less shorter than uni's. All in all they are two different machine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
I just wanted to know this, one of my friend claims that Honda uses better manufacturing process with very strict tolerance levels compared to the HH. Although the engine designs are the same they differ by terms of built quality. Is this true ??
well as for the answer to this i personally agree with this as Honda is very kanjoos they give us nothing more than just required i mean they refine their parts to the max leaving very less room for any kind of improvisation and/or mods, well hence for them the very scrict norms of Quality control is some thing they cant just let loose even a bit.

Last edited by rider60 : 18th February 2009 at 23:13.
Old 19th February 2009, 11:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

@rranjith_kum- Dont know man but Honda being Honda wouldnt want to get bad repute even if its HH

@rider60: Yes they are very different machines, thats what I said too i.e. they have the same engine block with different set of tune which includes various changes but that doesnt mean they have different engines
Old 19th February 2009, 15:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
sorry to hear that, how old was your energy ? and how many KM on the odo?
As of now the best bike according to me would be the RTR FI RD. Excellent value for money and a great bike
It had clocked more than 1 lac kms. God knows the exact odo figures because half of the times, the bike's speedo went kaput.

I had written about it on this thread :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ill-going.html
Old 19th February 2009, 19:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Do you mean, in comparison the FZ or just in general?
I meant with respect to Unicorn and CBZ !!
I dont think FZ will suit the needs of the thread starter !! Of course I do think Unicorn is refined more than FZ 16, but I wouldn't trade my bike for a Unicorn
Old 25th February 2009, 00:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@rider60: Yes they are very different machines, thats what I said too i.e. they have the same engine block with different set of tune which includes various changes but that doesnt mean they have different engines

Not really Techno . Engine block is also somewhat externally different, different , can't say of the internals ( haven't got a chance to do an autopsy ! ). The Hunk/CBZ-X has the oil filler behind the gearbox , the Unicorn has the oil filler ahead of the crank . Notice that even the alloy wheels are different , the Unicorn has 6-spoke ones while the HH Hunk/CBZ-X has 5 spoker ones. Something tells me they ( H and HH ) have different OEM component vendors , am told this was one point of friction between the two.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Simply go for the Unicorn , it is a proven bike for the last 5 year. You can try the Suzuki GS150 but I am not sure about its performance & A.S.S.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks