Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2005, 16:15   #1

new bikes coming to india ?

hi, is it ture that yamaha is planning to launch 250 - 500 cc bikes. does any one has info about the yamaha's future plans in india. Please let me know. thanks
Old 27th April 2005, 18:56   #2
BHPian

Rather Unlikely.

The only bike makers who would probably launch large capacity bikes are the ones who are doing well currently. An exception is Kinetic, but the bookings for the comet haven't exactly set sales charts on fire.

i would probably expect Honda, TVS, Bajaj - in that order to actually have the capacity to bring in large capacity bikes.

Else it's imports!

Ravi
Old 28th April 2005, 16:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

hi nfs,

well, the rumours of a yamaha 250 have been doing the rounds rather strongly- more so in the past month. upon a dealer enquiry, i found out that even they have been told by the company to gear up for the sales of a 250-by later this year. and by later, i mean sometime around aug-sep.

and ravi, no plans for honda bringing in a 250cc + machine- there had been plans to bring in the cbr later this year/early next year as a CBU- like the yamaha's drag star- but dunno what has come of it.this year, they plan to launch a 125 cc.

there are also strong rumours of a bajaj 350, with two cylinders from the 180 dts-i's powerplant; but no idea as to whether it'll be a cruiser or a "sports" bike.

also, a short trip to your nearest HH showroom will reveal that a proper 250 is on the anvil from the hero stables- many are pegging it to be an upgraded karizma, but only time will reveal.

so, i can sum this up by saying this- expect the launch of 250 cc+ machines from these biggies this year- yamaha, hero honda and bajaj- in that order.
Old 28th April 2005, 17:27   #4
BHPian

Chinese makers Lifan is comin in with 400cc machines for 1.25lakhs..Saw it on Indiatimes...

Also Yamaha India's head said that he understands the sudden urge in people wantin big machines and hope to bring some to India soon..... Other than the 2-strokes, yamaha has not lived up to its name here.. Just hate the bikes they bring out.. hope they bring better machines soon, and not the 100kpl bikes...

The bajaj avenger(180cc cruiser) is comin.. It looks just like the eliminator.. Only it'l b named avenger.. It's the same 180cc DTSi engine..
source: xbhp.com
Old 29th April 2005, 12:24   #5
BHPian

2 years back when i had bought Yamaha Enticer, there was a friend of my dad who was the Dealer for Yamaha in hyd that yamaha i splanning to launch a 1100CC bike in india for 5L...
well i dont see any thing happning above 135Cc for Yamaha...
Old 29th April 2005, 12:27   #6
BHPian

***************Chinese makers Lifan is comin in with 400cc machines for 1.25lakhs..Saw it on Indiatimes*************

ARE THESE BIKES AVELABLE IN INDIA...
where to get info...
and are they worth buying them...
Old 29th April 2005, 14:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
***************Chinese makers Lifan is comin in with 400cc machines for 1.25lakhs..Saw it on Indiatimes*************

ARE THESE BIKES AVELABLE IN INDIA...
where to get info...
and are they worth buying them...
I mentioned i saw this in Indiatimes and also have some details from xbhp...

"It says it is comin and not already available"..
They'l setup a plant here in India(Delhi) and make the machines..
No idea how the bike looks.. Its just news and i dont think any rumour...

Here is the link:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...58,curpg-1.cms

cheers
Old 29th April 2005, 17:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

chinese 400cc bikes??

i wud be better off with a 150 cc honda ....

just cant imagine what kind of quality they would deliver.
Old 30th April 2005, 01:02   #9
Team-BHP Support

have seen those lifan bikes on xbhp and they looked very crappy !

manson .
Old 3rd May 2005, 09:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
2 years back when i had bought Yamaha Enticer, there was a friend of my dad who was the Dealer for Yamaha in hyd that yamaha i splanning to launch a 1100CC bike in india for 5L...
well i dont see any thing happning above 135Cc for Yamaha...

hey zulfi, if you check out yamaha's activities in the past one or two years, you'll find out about the improvements it has been making so far.... and for the 5 lac bike..i mentioned that earlier... yamaha is currently offering the 1063 cc dragstar to the indian junta as a CBU, or completely built unit, import. it's currently india's fastest bike; 0-60 of 3 secs and 0-100 of 7 secs with a top speed of 160 kmph plus, and exclusive yamaha showrooms over the country are offering this beauty-(as a CBU, just like the kinetic comet)- for an on road price of 5,35000- last time i checked.

and if i remember correctly, there was a certain 350cc bike from the yamaha stables which took indian markets by surprise 20 years ago, and still remains the fastest bike produced in india, ever.

also, there's a definite market for high performance machines, here in india. and i for one,won't be surprised, if a couple of months down the line, yamaha manages to revive the magic it had bestowed upon us 20 years ago, and goes on to claim the title of the producer of the fastest indian production bike....

and yeah dudes, the lifan motorcycles are simply not worth it; firstly, they are 400cc cruisers, not street machines. secondly, their quality and service back-up is so poor, that they could beat the fiat guys to oblivion in a contest for the "worst service/backup ever!!!"

Last edited by veyron1 : 3rd May 2005 at 09:27.
Old 3rd May 2005, 11:23   #11
BHPian

thanks fot the info Dude...
so the 1063cc on custom oder...
Old 20th May 2005, 13:17   #12
BHPian

is the dragstar really available at Yamaha dealerships??? are you sure?
Old 20th May 2005, 13:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi
is the dragstar really available at Yamaha dealerships??? are you sure?
I have seen it on display in B'lore. But this was two years back. Have been disconnected from the biking world for some time. Why dont you check?
Old 7th July 2005, 21:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

yo dudes...check this out.... heard that yamaha is planning a spate of launches within the next year... and although they are trying to remain mum, there have been some leaks from the yamaha stables..

the first step was getting a good brand ambassador... which they have achieved with john...

there have been some news from the yamaha dudes that a 250 cc is in the pipeline, and they are also thinking of bringing in the original fazer, that is available abroad... and also, they have quoted recently in the times, that the launches that they are contemplating in the next year (aug 2005-aug 2006) will get them through till 2015...!!!!

here's a pic of one of the bikes that they are "planning" to launch....

in case you're wondering, that's the fazer 600....

hmmmm....seems like the latest ads of the 125 cc fazer with john is just the inkling of a storm by yamaha.....
Old 7th July 2005, 23:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

wow indian two wheeler industry seems set to be shaken up
with Kinetic launching powerful non-geared bikes
& now Yamaha with this

things are looking great.

MY ONLY WORRY: THOSE IDIOTS RIDING SUCH POWERFUL BIKES THINKING THEY ARE RELATED TO ROSSI

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks