Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 18:44   #1
BHPian

Yezdi 250

Hi guys. A local Mechanic here came and showed me his Yezdi 250 up for sale. I already have one and hence thought it best to share pics of his with members here. The bike is up for grabs and its a reconditioned 77 Yezdi with all papers intact. If anyone is interested, you are welcome to pm me. I shall forward you the mechs number.

Mods: This is no commercial deal. I do not have any interest/gain in the above said.
Attached Thumbnails
Yezdi 250-dsc01249-medium.jpg  

Yezdi 250-dsc01251-medium.jpg  

Yezdi 250-dsc01252-medium.jpg  

kapiljolly79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2009, 20:16   #2
BHPian

Kapil,
I am interested in this. PM me with details and location.

Avenger
Old 6th February 2009, 22:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful bike! 32 years old,and still looks brand new!
Old 7th February 2009, 10:42   #4
BHPian

Yep. Its in a good state. I have a 71 Jawa and 78 Yezdi too. But they're almost brand new compared to this one. I've rebuilt mine with brand new parts. The Jawa is in a metallic red shade and the yezdi is in Black. I shall post pics of them too in another thread to support the 250's. Or maybe this thread itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Beautiful bike! 32 years old,and still looks brand new!
Old 7th February 2009, 13:10   #5
BHPian

oh man! had never seen a white one , ITS BEAUTIFUL! but its quiet mixed up , yezdi bore, jawa body , classic tank.

Last edited by siddartha : 7th February 2009 at 13:12.
Old 7th February 2009, 17:44   #6
BHPian

Looks like you're not much informed about these bikes and its ok too. Yezdis also came in this styling. It definitely did not come in Absolute White but yes, the parts, bore, tank etc is all original. Nothing mixed up. I have a 78 Yezdi thats also exactly in the same styling and very Jawa like to look at. The main difference in the two brothers is that the Jawa has a round headlight top cover and the Yezdi has a slight squarish perferation around the odometer. Also, the engine covers for the Yezdi are squarer than the Jawa's and noticebly the difference is in the Tank and taillight. Then Jawa has round chain covers and Yezdi again Squarer ones. The carb was also changed to the standard ones found later on most yezdis. The Jawas generally had the Bottle type CZ make carbs. The seat also is very curvy on the Jawa and very straight rectangular like on the Yezdi. Jawas came with a black plastic tank cap and Yezdis came with Chromed ones. I don't know the updates that were further made on the Classics but theres nothing mixed about this one. Oh yes, one very big difference is that the front brakes on the Jawa's used single callipers and the Yezdi has dual callipers. Look closely at the front drum in the pic. You will notice the brake rod connecting two callipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
oh man! had never seen a white one , ITS BEAUTIFUL! but its quiet mixed up , yezdi bore, jawa body , classic tank.

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 7th February 2009 at 17:48.
Old 7th February 2009, 18:20   #7
BHPian

lol ok, yes i agree , i am not well informed abt these bikes . i was under the impression that this kinda body style came only on the jawas and not the yezdis. thanks for pointing that out , i like jawas and yezdis , but not a freak if i may say that.

Note from Mods : Please avoid SMS language and try to use punctuation properly. Take a look at this thread for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th February 2009 at 16:17. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 8th February 2009, 14:09   #8
BHPian

Hmmm. Well, I somehow don't like to relate to the word "freak". I'm an enthusiast. And so are a lot more fans like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
lol ok, yes i agree , i am not well informed abt these bikes . i was under the impression that this kinda body style came only on the jawas and not the yezdis. thanks for pointing that out , i like jawas and yezdis , but not a freak if i may say that.
Old 8th February 2009, 14:30   #9
BHPian

The two 250s

Well, here are a few pictures of my 250's. The 71 Jawa and the 78 Yezdi classic. These pictures will help you get a lot more understanding about the very little asthetic differences, apart from the mechanical ones, that differentiated the two brothers.

You will notice the headlight dome covers that have the squarish perferration. And the other squary differences.

My Jawa is still a little incomplete as I am waiting for parts to come back from the paint shop. They include the rounded chain covers, the front mudguard, the one installed is not a jawa one, the rear shock bottom chrome caps and the throttle grip whose cable runs through the handle bar. So that will sum up the completion of the Jawa too in a few days.

Both the bikes underwent complete overhauling, New Brake pads, new clutch set, pressure plates, cables, bearings, oil seals, piston and rings, silencers, wiring and a complete paint job. New tyres, rims and spokes too. I hope you all like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Yezdi 250-dsc01283-medium.jpg  

Yezdi 250-dsc01284-medium.jpg  

Yezdi 250-dsc01285-medium.jpg  

Yezdi 250-dsc01286-medium.jpg  

Yezdi 250-dsc01287-medium.jpg  

Yezdi 250-dsc01288-medium.jpg  

kapiljolly79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2009, 15:22   #10
BHPian

Amazing pictures of Jawa. Do you intend to use the bikes on a regular basis?
Old 8th February 2009, 15:31   #11
BHPian

WoW!

I really envy your collection Kapil!

Awesome restoration work! Real drool stuff!
Old 8th February 2009, 17:50   #12
BHPian

Hey Null. Thanks buddy. And Thank you too Five46.

Well, Honestly I don't ride them on a regular basis. I take them out once every three four days or even once weekly for a spin around the block and clean them up and park them back in the garage. I made them because of the huge amount of spare parts I got from My Uncle who once had the dealership for these bikes. He had so many new parts that I eventually went and bought these bikes and had them restored. I've gotten crazy offers from people but just haven't made up my mind to let them go. But as long as they're with me, will keep them ship shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Amazing pictures of Jawa. Do you intend to use the bikes on a regular basis?
Old 8th February 2009, 19:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Kapil, those are classics.

Hold them well, and you'll bequeath a fortune!
Old 8th February 2009, 19:15   #14
BHPian

Kapil, Interesting that even your key head says "yezdi." Good job!
Old 8th February 2009, 20:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Kapil very neat bikes.great job done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks