Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 14:55   #1
BHPian

Should i go for IND-Suzuki ax 100?

i am getting an Ax 100 bike in total original condition in just 2-3k Rs.bike is in bad condition and need some body work.bike is in running condition.owner of the bike is retired person and he is going back to his native village.he also have Suzuki max 100 with him in his village so he is selling this bike cos of unavailability of spares and very low fuel efficiency compared to his max 100.ALL papers upto date and on the first owners name.

1.ALL Chrome surface is almost dead in shining.
2.shockers are behaving like rubber band,need attention but they are sealed one type.
3.tank has dent on both sides.monogram is ok.
4.LEFT side engine chamber is welded.
5.seat is ok but not in original shape.
6.Only 3 genuine turn indicators.
7. yamha rx 100 light dome.

what i m getting in the bike.
1.Original Coffey brown paint.
2.original leg guard.
3.original handle bar with helmet strap lock function in working condition.
4.electric system is converted from 6v to 12v.
5.All lights,bulbs and speedo meter is working fine.

pics coming soon cos i dont want to let him know how much i m desparate to get this bike.

MY reason to get this bike is to restore to its orignal condition cos in my childhood my first pillion ride on any 100 cc bike is on this bike.i m also looking to get Lambi and GTS boby bike and restore them also.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:12   #2
BHPian

2 t0 3 k is a good price for it.restoring it shoulnt be a problem.there are lot of mechanics who can restore it in the OE condition.please let me know the model.1984 is a geniune suzuki CBU.also a bit of 1985.it should have a miles per hour meter.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mavrick..

An AX100 was one of the smoothest two stroke bikes I have ever ridden! The exhaust note (angry bee?) was the nicest amongst all the bikes then. IT would be a lovely bike to own BUT for the fact that you mention the engine is 'welded' . The rest of the things is okay considering the age of the vehicle - and easily rectifiable. BUT the welding has me worried. Coupled to that if the vehicle is suffering from poor mileage then chances are the Bore/Piston must have taken an irreparable hit. (the 'weld' etc clearly indicates the engine has seen some extensive 'jegaadu' work! - the engine may be practically useless - and changing the engine will come with its own paperwork hassles)

My advice .. STAY AWAY !

Keep looking - I am sure you will find better specimens in the market.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:34   #4
BHPian

My two cents: I would buy this bike and take my time restoring it. Yeah these days I seem to be having loads of free time thanks to the slump in the industry.

One another reason is that it's a single owner bike with the papers in order, which is hard to come by. At the price you are getting this it makes sense to hunt for a donor bike and or the original spares and do this up. Or even if you get a more mechanically sound bike, you could use the frame and the engine casing and build one out of this.

I may be totally wrong on my judgment, but yes, I have the time and the interest to search around for spares etc., for a project like this.
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
please let me know the model.1984 is a geniune suzuki CBU.also a bit of 1985.it should have a miles per hour meter.
it is 85 model and kph speedo meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
BUT for the fact that you mention the engine is 'welded' . The rest of the things is okay considering the age of the vehicle - and easily rectifiable. BUT the welding has me worried. Coupled to that if the vehicle is suffering from poor mileage then chances are the Bore/Piston must have taken an irreparable hit. (the 'weld' etc clearly indicates the engine has seen some extensive 'jegaadu' work! - the engine may be practically useless - and changing the engine will come with its own paperwork hassles)
No engine's side chamber is welded not the crank case.that side chamber is welded near the front sprocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
My two cents: I would buy this bike and take my time restoring it. Yeah these days I seem to be having loads of free time thanks to the slump in the industry.

One another reason is that it's a single owner bike with the papers in order, which is hard to come by. At the price you are getting this it makes sense to hunt for a donor bike and or the original spares and do this up. Or even if you get a more mechanically sound bike, you could use the frame and the engine casing and build one out of this.

I may be totally wrong on my judgment, but yes, I have the time and the interest to search around for spares etc., for a project like this.
my reason's are same as your and ur judgment is not wrong in my case.
Old 9th March 2016, 14:37   #6
BANNED

Re: Should i go for IND-Suzuki ax 100?

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 10th March 2016 at 08:12.
FZRACER is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed