Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 21:55   #1
BHPian

Good Service Center / Mechanic for bikes in Bangalore?

Hi Guys,

I have been getting service done for my RX135 at various places. I was disappointed by Yamaha Plaza, authorized service station of Yamaha, by their prices and unnecessary jobs. Tried other local services too but am not satisfied.

Can somebody suggest a good yamaha service center in south bangalore?
Old 6th March 2009, 23:01   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi Guys,

I have been getting service done for my RX135 at various places. I was disappointed by Yamaha Plaza, authorized service station of Yamaha, by their prices and unnecessary jobs. Tried other local services too but am not satisfied.

Can somebody suggest a good yamaha service center in south bangalore?

Rule #1: Never service a Yamaha in a Yamaha Service Station

Try the following :
Nisar Motors in lingrajpuram if got good money

Try Nayeem in Shivaji Nagar somewhere behind Elgin Takies, he talks to the Yamaha Bikes, veteran foreman in Yamaha, famous but moody.if you go there just tell him junaid from kashmir sent me.
you must be wondering how i know this , i was in bangalore from 1999-2003 my engineering days, low budget and no connections made us wander and ultimately fine some good workmen!
Old 7th March 2009, 09:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junniaga View Post
Rule #1: Never service a Yamaha in a Yamaha Service Station

Try the following :
Nisar Motors in lingrajpuram if got good money

Try Nayeem in Shivaji Nagar somewhere behind Elgin Takies, he talks to the Yamaha Bikes, veteran foreman in Yamaha, famous but moody.if you go there just tell him junaid from kashmir sent me.
you must be wondering how i know this , i was in bangalore from 1999-2003 my engineering days, low budget and no connections made us wander and ultimately fine some good workmen!
Completely agree with the rule 1 there.
And thanks a lot indeed. Your reference should lift his mood.

I will find him for my Yamaha.

Last edited by penpavan : 7th March 2009 at 09:26.
Old 10th March 2009, 23:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Completely agree with the rule 1 there.
And thanks a lot indeed. Your reference should lift his mood.

I will find him for my Yamaha.
let me know when you find him
Old 8th September 2010, 18:09   #5
BHPian

Any good Yamaha service centre around Indira Nagar for servicing my RXZ?
Old 8th September 2010, 18:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Any good Yamaha service centre around Indira Nagar for servicing my RXZ?
If you can come all the way to Queen's road there is a great mechanic.

You can PM me for details if you are interested.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:45   #7
BHPian

You can try

Torque Center(Zak) in Vijayanagar
or
Powercrest(Murugesh) in Vyalikava
Old 13th June 2011, 17:40   #8

Any RX Mechanic in and around Bangalore?

RX 135.

I want to Revamp it to stock condition and would appreciate inputs from the knowledgeables about trusted mechanics in and around Bangalore (mysore or hassan is also ok) who are skilled and can do justice to the task.

I tried talking to a couple of mechanics, got varying costings and not sure, lets say - Pretty Scared of their handicraft hence this post...

If the Team members consider it to be worthwhile, we could make a short list of such mechanics in prominent cities. [Often in different threads i have seen references to good mechanics, having them under 1, would be helpful ?]

regards,
zoOM
Old 14th June 2011, 11:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

re: Any RX Mechanic in and around Bangalore?

Hey, there's a mechanic I know who goes by the name Akhil Tivari. Located in Basavanagudi. I've given up my free services for his now. So has my brother. I've also seen him completely rebuild RXs. That's his specialty. rebuilding bikes from scratch. You'll be amazed at the results! His workshop doesn't look like much, but trust me when I say, he gets the job done. PM me if you'd like his number.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 15:33   #10

Re: Any RX Mechanic in and around Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Hey, there's a mechanic I know who goes by the name Akhil Tivari. Located in Basavanagudi. I've given up my free services for his now. So has my brother. I've also seen him completely rebuild RXs. That's his specialty. rebuilding bikes from scratch. You'll be amazed at the results! His workshop doesn't look like much, but trust me when I say, he gets the job done. PM me if you'd like his number.
Thanks Ashwin
How to send u a pm ?
In FAQ section it says
Quote:
The PM facility is very simple to use: 1. Receiving PM's : Whenever someone sends a PM to you, you will receive a prompt in a pop-up window. Alternatively, you can click on the "Private Messages" link which is displayed on the top right-hand side of every forum page.
2. Sending PM's : If you wish to send a PM to another member, first click on the "Private Messages" link. On the resultant page, click on the "Send new message" link which can be found on the left-hand side of the page. Enter the relevant details and click on the "submit message" button to deliver the PM.
NOTE : The Private Messaging facility is only available to BHPian membership level (and above).
..but could not locate "Send new message" link after i clicked on "Private Messages". Not sure if i have that feature enabled for my user id or if i missed it, hence can u please pm me ur number and i will call u.
Old 14th June 2011, 21:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

re: Good Service Center / Mechanic for bikes in Bangalore?

"zoombarabarzoom has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages." :P
Old 14th June 2011, 23:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

you need to post more than 25 posts to receive PM's I think. Mods please correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 15th June 2011, 20:27   #13

Quote:
you need to post more than 25 posts to receive PM's I think. Mods please correct me if I'm wrong!
21 more to go after this. Looks like the conversation is going to get interesting, get a cup of coffee Ashwin ?
Old 15th June 2011, 21:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

A very interesting note to start with I must say "zoombarabarzoom"! Where do you stay? That way it'll be easier to see if Basavanagudi is worth the travelling.
Old 16th June 2011, 08:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Any RX Mechanic in and around Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombarabarzoom View Post
RX 135.

I want to Revamp it to stock condition and would appreciate inputs from the knowledgeables about trusted mechanics in and around Bangalore (mysore or hassan is also ok) who are skilled and can do justice to the task.

I tried talking to a couple of mechanics, got varying costings and not sure, lets say - Pretty Scared of their handicraft hence this post...

If the Team members consider it to be worthwhile, we could make a short list of such mechanics in prominent cities. [Often in different threads i have seen references to good mechanics, having them under 1, would be helpful ?]

regards,
zoOM
Hi,
You can even have a check with bangalore motorcycle works, off the Taxi Stand in basavanagudi. Only hitch is you ought to book a slot well in advance and be prepared to forego 3-4 months for a restoration job to be done. All conditions owned by him, basically he is an old timer. Also do check out his 1942 Red Indian Scout if you visit him. His name is Henry Dayanand aka Munna
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks