Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 22:59   #1
BHPian

What's wrong with my Caliber 115?

Last night, I was cruising down the highway at a steady speed of about 55-60kms when I suddenly felt a loss of power in my Caliber 115.

Just before, I hit the highway, I was stranded in peak traffic for about 30 minutes. Called up my mechanic who thought it could be a spark plug issue. Waited for about an hour to cool down. No results. The bike simply would not start. With every kick, the console would light up but engine would refuse to stay on.

I removed the plug connector, and tried kicking again by holding it near the plug, but no spark.

It was holi night and there were no garages nearby. A friend rescue me in his Omni.

What's wrong with my bike? Is it a blown plug? Dirt in Carb? Electrical malfunction?

Just FYI, my bike will complete 6 years next week and has 77k on the odo.
Old 12th March 2009, 08:24   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Last night, I was cruising down the highway at a steady speed of about 55-60kms when I suddenly felt a loss of power in my Caliber 115.
------
What's wrong with my bike? Is it a blown plug? Dirt in Carb? Electrical malfunction?

Just FYI, my bike will complete 6 years next week and has 77k on the odo.
Its a 4 stroke

haha, sorry couldnt help it.

On a serious note, it could be anything abdriver, looks like the ignition coil is out
Old 12th March 2009, 11:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajsh View Post
Its a 4 stroke

haha, sorry couldnt help it.

On a serious note, it could be anything abdriver, looks like the ignition coil is out
If the ignition coil is out, would it still light up the console?
Old 12th March 2009, 19:29   #4
BHPian

Problem solved

The spark plug electrode had worn thin. That was not the main issue. There is a needle which is connected to the accelerator cable. That broke and went into the carb.

Got both the items replaced and the carb tuned. Damage to wallet = Rs.200
Old 12th March 2009, 21:57   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
The spark plug electrode had worn thin. That was not the main issue. There is a needle which is connected to the accelerator cable. That broke and went into the carb.

Got both the items replaced and the carb tuned. Damage to wallet = Rs.200
Oh, well done abdriver, metal piece in the carb, wow..!! thats a new one. Anywayz, all well that ends well, good for you.
Old 14th March 2009, 17:08   #6
BHPian

It is a caliber 115 that is what is wrong with it.Jokes apart,the usual prob for a bike of that age is the wire harness near the handle will have sheared from inside,leaving just plastic and no wire.Caused from the fatigue of turning over the handle for these many years.
cheers
EH

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks